[UPDATE 2] Calling all Tempers: Help Chary and Family!

Capture.JPG

Today we have setup a GoFundMe page for our beloved reporter @Chary.

Krista and her family have lost their entire home and all worldly possessions in the floods caused by Hurricane Harvey.

Please help us to help them by donating on the following page, any amount will help!

:arrow:Donate on GoFundMe
:arrow:Donate via Paypal to [email protected] and we'll match it on GoFundMe

:arrow:Houston Red Cross

[-UPDATE 2-]
Chary and her family have now received the cash from the fundraiser in full. Thanks again to everyone who donated and helped out!

[-UPDATE-]

After 2 weeks 82 donations have helped to raise £2022 (roughly $2670) to help Chary and her family to rebuild their lives.

A massive thanks to all of the following tempers who donated, and those of you who wished to remain anonymous:

@CreeperdivoHomebrewer
@BlackWizzard17
@Montgomery Von Goochums
@Becky McAndrew
[USER=31]@shaunj66

@thomas Hugh
@DinohScene
@Yudowat
@Disse
@Foxi4
@linuxares
@Bubsy Bobcat
@Depravo
@bjaxx87
@Mário Liberato
@RayD97 Dean
@eric Cobb
@Shadowfied
@sandra Hughes
@Majin Cubyan
[USER=290925]@frogboy

@nEx Y
@exangel
@Rebekah Davenport
@XxShalevElimelechxX
@mohammed Al Rashedi
@SuzieJoe Bob
@andre Trek
@lilaznkilla
@Aneki S
@Bu2d85
@Munchlax Brunchlax
[USER=30028]@Julio
Lizardo
@Eris
@Catsinabucket
@sarkwalvein
@drazenm
@xfxmrl
@Lia
@GamerzHell9137
@x65943
@Elrinth
@BowlOfSpiders
@jerbear64
@cearp
@VinsCool
@Minox
@Roify
@Apathetic_Discord
@Deathwing Zero
@Dennis L
@GearCross
@Joshua F
@draxoon
@Issac
@B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N
@Yu Lu
@Gallito
@misterion
@8BitWonder
@deakphreak
@Armadillo
@matpower
@H.F.H Peeters
@Taleweaver
@p1ngpong
@anon nano
@Alephas Enum
@DarkFlare69
@Todderbert
@HaloEliteLegend
@nastydsi
@ian Mc
[USER=317601]@mbcrazed

@elias Jackson
@6 x anonymous

Also a massive thanks to everyone who has streamed to help this fund.

You are what makes GBAtemp such an amazing community to be a part of!

Now, as for GoFundMe, they have still not released the funds to Chary, despite saying they would, over 10 days ago. The excuse is their engineers need time to convert the raised amount to dollars, and their payment processing team are trying their best to get it done. To me this sounds absurd, but here we are, 14 days since the fund started, waiting for the cash to be paid out in this emergency situation.[/USER][/USER][/USER][/USER]

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey. Hey hey. On actual topic.

There's another flash flood, and they're evacuating people south of the dams. I finally get to see news on the TV and my town was on helicopter cam, looking like a lake. The hotel is amazing, the bed would probably feel stiff normally, but it feels like a cloud.

I'm watching the shelter I was just at, on another channel, and I'm so glad I didn't stay. People are freaking out there, and it looks kinda scary.

I'm really excited to go get my dog tomorrow, I can't wait! My parents are also doing well, it's just so good to relax.

Thank you again, to everyone here. I'll never have words enough for my gratitude. <3

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

There's another flash flood, and they're evacuating people south of the dams. I finally get to see news on the TV and my town was on helicopter cam, looking like a lake. The hotel is amazing, the bed would probably feel stiff normally, but it feels like a cloud.

I'm watching the shelter I was just at, on another channel, and I'm so glad I didn't stay. People are freaking out there, and it looks kinda scary.

I'm really excited to go get my dog tomorrow, I can't wait! My parents are also doing well, it's just so good to relax.

Thank you again, to everyone here. I'll never have words enough for my gratitude. <3
I am extremely happy to hear you got to a safer place. I was quite worried when I heard there was more rain heading your way this morning.
Hey, please get some rest and don't let the Temp bother you too much. You deserve a break and I am bit worried that you haven't gotten much in form comfortable sleep.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States

Heh, a well-deserved rest ^_^
I think I would sleep and not wake up for a week if I were you.

Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I am extremely happy to hear you got to a safer place. I was quite worried when I heard there was more rain heading your way this morning.
Hey, please get some rest and don't let the Temp bother you too much. You deserve a break and I am bit worried that you haven't gotten much in form comfortable sleep.
Thanks <3 I can't wait to sleep on a bed now. Was calling all family and letting everyone know the flood news for today.

Gonna wake up early tomorrow and get dog, drive over to house, and check damages, and then just crash for a day probably.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks <3 I can't wait to sleep on a bed now. Was calling all family and letting everyone know the flood news for today.

Gonna wake up early tomorrow and get dog, drive over to house, and check damages, and then just crash for a day probably.
The rest of your family holding up alright? I went and looked up the expectations to this storm, but it looks like it should be clearing up and also looks like my location is going to be getting a bit of heavy rain by Saturday. Which is fine, been a bit too dry up here for my liking.
Also I didn't mention this before, but super happy to hear your dog is ok and in good hands for the time being. Was it a two story home or one?

Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The rest of your family holding up alright? I went and looked up the expectations to this storm, but it looks like it should be clearing up and also looks like my location is going to be getting a bit of heavy rain by Saturday. Which is fine, been a bit too dry up here for my liking.
Also I didn't mention this before, but super happy to hear your dog is ok and in good hands for the time being. Was it a two story home or one?
My dad piled up a dozen chip bags in glee and fell asleep. My mom has been having some bouts with crying, but it is a rough event to deal with. Otherwise, she's okay. My uncle and step-grandmother are further north than me, and water almost got into their houses.

If the storm remnant passes you by, be sure to glare at it for me! (From inside of course!)

My home was a one story, which is why there was no way to get to higher ground, and why it was so panic ridden when the water got so high. The only person I know with a two story house is my neighbor, who wasn't even there for the storm.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My dad piled up a dozen chip bags in glee and fell asleep. My mom has been having some bouts with crying, but it is a rough event to deal with. Otherwise, she's okay. My uncle and step-grandmother are further north than me, and water almost got into their houses.

If the storm remnant passes you by, be sure to glare at it for me! (From inside of course!)

My home was a one story, which is why there was no way to get to higher ground, and why it was so panic ridden when the water got so high. The only person I know with a two story house is my neighbor, who wasn't even there for the storm.
Well at least someone is getting some sleep, but I am pretty sure he needed that moment of glee and rest. Having something like this happen to a one story is going to be rough on anyone, but at least she's physically ok. Damn that is some rough shit, but at least it weakened the more it went in land.
Don't worry about me. I live on top of a hill that happens to be on top of another hill. Plus if it hits around the estimated days, it will be on my nights off. So I won't be going out anyways.
I hope something can be recovered, but at least you all are safe.
If it's not too much and when you get the chance, you should share some pictures of the aftermath after the water clears out. I think it will help give some perspective of just how serious this storm was.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
In terms of photos, I took a few. I'm on a data plan so I'm gonna upload just a handful right now.

Before:IMG_3894.jpg

After: IMG_3895.jpg

It overtook the wastepaper basket by the end, but the water was too high to get a picture of by then.

IMG_3893.jpg

This was the last I saw of my living room, before I got up to higher ground in my den. By then, I didn't actually take pictures, because my phone was dead. Also was focusing on not falling into the chest high murk water.

But yeah, I'll be sure to take pictures of everything when I walk in...or at least what I can handle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol