[UPDATE 2] Calling all Tempers: Help Chary and Family!

Capture.JPG

Today we have setup a GoFundMe page for our beloved reporter @Chary.

Krista and her family have lost their entire home and all worldly possessions in the floods caused by Hurricane Harvey.

Please help us to help them by donating on the following page, any amount will help!

:arrow:Donate on GoFundMe
:arrow:Donate via Paypal to [email protected] and we'll match it on GoFundMe

:arrow:Houston Red Cross

[-UPDATE 2-]
Chary and her family have now received the cash from the fundraiser in full. Thanks again to everyone who donated and helped out!

[-UPDATE-]

After 2 weeks 82 donations have helped to raise £2022 (roughly $2670) to help Chary and her family to rebuild their lives.

A massive thanks to all of the following tempers who donated, and those of you who wished to remain anonymous:

@CreeperdivoHomebrewer
@BlackWizzard17
@Montgomery Von Goochums
@Becky McAndrew
[USER=31]@shaunj66

@thomas Hugh
@DinohScene
@Yudowat
@Disse
@Foxi4
@linuxares
@Bubsy Bobcat
@Depravo
@bjaxx87
@Mário Liberato
@RayD97 Dean
@eric Cobb
@Shadowfied
@sandra Hughes
@Majin Cubyan
[USER=290925]@frogboy

@nEx Y
@exangel
@Rebekah Davenport
@XxShalevElimelechxX
@mohammed Al Rashedi
@SuzieJoe Bob
@andre Trek
@lilaznkilla
@Aneki S
@Bu2d85
@Munchlax Brunchlax
[USER=30028]@Julio
Lizardo
@Eris
@Catsinabucket
@sarkwalvein
@drazenm
@xfxmrl
@Lia
@GamerzHell9137
@x65943
@Elrinth
@BowlOfSpiders
@jerbear64
@cearp
@VinsCool
@Minox
@Roify
@Apathetic_Discord
@Deathwing Zero
@Dennis L
@GearCross
@Joshua F
@draxoon
@Issac
@B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N
@Yu Lu
@Gallito
@misterion
@8BitWonder
@deakphreak
@Armadillo
@matpower
@H.F.H Peeters
@Taleweaver
@p1ngpong
@anon nano
@Alephas Enum
@DarkFlare69
@Todderbert
@HaloEliteLegend
@nastydsi
@ian Mc
[USER=317601]@mbcrazed

@elias Jackson
@6 x anonymous

Also a massive thanks to everyone who has streamed to help this fund.

You are what makes GBAtemp such an amazing community to be a part of!

Now, as for GoFundMe, they have still not released the funds to Chary, despite saying they would, over 10 days ago. The excuse is their engineers need time to convert the raised amount to dollars, and their payment processing team are trying their best to get it done. To me this sounds absurd, but here we are, 14 days since the fund started, waiting for the cash to be paid out in this emergency situation.[/USER][/USER][/USER][/USER]

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yup. Gracefully it wasn't hit but I've read folks who are blocked by floods and without boats they can't leave.

France, Italy, Germany and Sweden weren't hit by a natural disaster but they are at the brink of destruction and rapes happen there daily.
Thats the fault of what is causing their disaster

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
France, Italy, Germany and Sweden weren't hit by a natural disaster but they are at the brink of destruction and rapes happen there daily.

I'm aware about that, yeah. But was talking about the post I quoted, when he thought that rape could occur on a place when people are rescued.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I'm aware about that, yeah. But was talking about the post I quoted, when he thought that rape could occur on a place when people are rescued.
A closed place like that is more likely that someone may get raped and the victim is silenced. Women need to be careful in those places and men as well. A lot of sick bastards everywhere.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thats the fault of what is causing their disaster
May the lights go out so that people can finally wake up.

NicoAICP

Some random dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In germany some people (mostly right people) are saying all immigrants are bad. there were a few raping cases by rescued people

S

Saiyan Lusitano

What's happening in Texas is pretty terrible but let's not forget that there's also other people in need, whether that's US or some other country. My country's govt is so retarded that they refuse to acknowledge the constant wildfires as domestic terrorism. What's worse, they've decided to gear their concerns about some books of boys and girls.

An example.

0efc2eee1a06e5377db1de34dc39723cb7263738-5-768x432.jpg

ng8604960.jpg

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What's happening in Texas is pretty terrible but let's not forget that there's also other people in need, whether that's US or some other country. My country's govt is so retarded that they refuse to acknowledge the constant wildfires as domestic terrorism. What's worse, they've decided to gear their concerns about some books of boys and girls.

An example. <snip>

Yep I do remember that event. When I was using my IPTV trial I tuned into Antena 3 and they talked about that thing. Seriously ? Sorry to say that but I think your govt. is corrupted (no offense)

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I walked about a mile in the storm. I have a hotel. It was kind of sketchy, and the winds were kinda scary. I got blown over but I'm at a hotel. Neighbor called to tell me the water is coming in houses again on my street. I don't care though. I'm safe, have a room booked, and they ALLOW PETS FOR FREE! Gonna get my Dog back if possible tomorrow via my uncle.

sp3off

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I walked about a mile in the storm. I have a hotel. It was kind of sketchy, and the winds were kinda scary. I got blown over but I'm at a hotel. Neighbor called to tell me the water is coming in houses again on my street. I don't care though. I'm safe, have a room booked, and they ALLOW PETS FOR FREE! Gonna get my Dog back if possible tomorrow via my uncle.

Good news ! Stay safe, I'm out. (afk i wanna say)

Reactions: Chary

NicoAICP

Some random dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's some really good news that they allow pets for free and that you got a place too sleep. Hopefully it all ends soon and your live gets normal again

Reactions: Chary

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad to see my puppy go, but he's probably in safer hands than anyone else. Next step is to get somewhere to stay after this shelter (there's gonna be thousands there...)...I really don't like going without him. Don't see why pets are so unallowed...
Generally the pets are under alot of stress, they don't want the pet biting someone, maybe kids try to pet it or something and the animal gets scared or reliving its self on the floor in the building which causes sanitary problems.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
My dad is the happiest one of all to be in this hotel. He saw they had a little free snack center, and came back with 10 bags of chips and candy. He's so excited!

It's really nice to be able to just finally relax honestly. My dad keeps piling up chip bags and I'm laughing, and it feels normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box]... +1