[UPDATE 2] Calling all Tempers: Help Chary and Family!

Capture.JPG

Today we have setup a GoFundMe page for our beloved reporter @Chary.

Krista and her family have lost their entire home and all worldly possessions in the floods caused by Hurricane Harvey.

Please help us to help them by donating on the following page, any amount will help!

:arrow:Donate on GoFundMe
:arrow:Donate via Paypal to [email protected] and we'll match it on GoFundMe

:arrow:Houston Red Cross

[-UPDATE 2-]
Chary and her family have now received the cash from the fundraiser in full. Thanks again to everyone who donated and helped out!

[-UPDATE-]

After 2 weeks 82 donations have helped to raise £2022 (roughly $2670) to help Chary and her family to rebuild their lives.

A massive thanks to all of the following tempers who donated, and those of you who wished to remain anonymous:

@CreeperdivoHomebrewer
@BlackWizzard17
@Montgomery Von Goochums
@Becky McAndrew
[USER=31]@shaunj66

@thomas Hugh
@DinohScene
@Yudowat
@Disse
@Foxi4
@linuxares
@Bubsy Bobcat
@Depravo
@bjaxx87
@Mário Liberato
@RayD97 Dean
@eric Cobb
@Shadowfied
@sandra Hughes
@Majin Cubyan
[USER=290925]@frogboy

@nEx Y
@exangel
@Rebekah Davenport
@XxShalevElimelechxX
@mohammed Al Rashedi
@SuzieJoe Bob
@andre Trek
@lilaznkilla
@Aneki S
@Bu2d85
@Munchlax Brunchlax
[USER=30028]@Julio
Lizardo
@Eris
@Catsinabucket
@sarkwalvein
@drazenm
@xfxmrl
@Lia
@GamerzHell9137
@x65943
@Elrinth
@BowlOfSpiders
@jerbear64
@cearp
@VinsCool
@Minox
@Roify
@Apathetic_Discord
@Deathwing Zero
@Dennis L
@GearCross
@Joshua F
@draxoon
@Issac
@B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N
@Yu Lu
@Gallito
@misterion
@8BitWonder
@deakphreak
@Armadillo
@matpower
@H.F.H Peeters
@Taleweaver
@p1ngpong
@anon nano
@Alephas Enum
@DarkFlare69
@Todderbert
@HaloEliteLegend
@nastydsi
@ian Mc
[USER=317601]@mbcrazed

@elias Jackson
@6 x anonymous

Also a massive thanks to everyone who has streamed to help this fund.

You are what makes GBAtemp such an amazing community to be a part of!

Now, as for GoFundMe, they have still not released the funds to Chary, despite saying they would, over 10 days ago. The excuse is their engineers need time to convert the raised amount to dollars, and their payment processing team are trying their best to get it done. To me this sounds absurd, but here we are, 14 days since the fund started, waiting for the cash to be paid out in this emergency situation.[/USER][/USER][/USER][/USER]

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That is an honest and true reality. Just look at the refugees running from their war torn country and they are given so much by these countries that take them in but they still are raping people.

Just a google search of "hurricane katrina rape statistics" crops up a shocking level of results the specify a scary amount of rapes that occurred. People are really fucked in the head.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good. I was concerned that you might be traveling alone but i was too afraid to ask.

Oh wow, that's kinda shocking... Thanks for letting me know about how the people in this world is getting nuts.

SaiTheOHaireDeliveryGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Chary hope everything turns for the better for you. I'm glad so many are able to generously pitch in to help, I would do the same if I had more than $17 to last me the rest of the week, ha.
I know what you're going through to a degree, as I lost my home due to Hurricane Matthew. Prayers sent your way.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Fuck! That's really horrible. I really hope that they're okay and get shelter. Maybe throw in a laptop just so they at least have one thing to chat on, google how to live or even just entertainment. But I hope they do that when it won't affect them like in a state like this. I hope others who are in the same shoes as Chary are okay and have a shelter. Kinda makes you think how everyone is across the world.

aea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh Jesus, that's terrible. That reminds me when in 1998 hurricane George destroyed my country. My house almost literally fly with us inside because of the powerful wind, but dad sent mom and my sisters to shelter in the closet while we both keept the main door closed, exposed to be stabbed like kebabs if a log traspassed the door (like the 4"x4" one that I saw sunk in the yard the next day). Fortunately God helped us and we were all fine, but scarcity/speculation of goods prices and the lack of electricity made our lives a little hard for a couple of weeks and if you add the fact that I was living in a batey (sugar worker's town) by that time, wich was not cool per se, think of a batey without electricity for weeks.
Tonight I cannot contribute with this cause, but tomorrow definitely I'll help this temper pal because as a survivor I know how it feels to be in that situation.@Chary best of lucks and keep calm, it gonna be all fine.

Last edited by aea,

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
IMG_3898.JPG

At this rate, it's easier to list what WON'T flood. The rain isn't even projected to stop remotely soon. The newsroom of channel 11 even started flooding on TV. I slept so super well, but then flood alarms were playing nonstop, so I woke up. This storm sucks :( but I'm really happy to have gotten to sleep.

Gallito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a nobody on this site but it is set to my homepage for all the great news and modding resources. I sent a bit through PayPal. I hope you and your family recover quickly.

Reactions: VinsCool and Chary

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I cannot donate, I wish you well and will send positive energy your way. As horrible as it is, at least you came out alive.

Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Very flat yeah. Which is one of many reasons it's so prone to flooding.

EDIT: damn news ninja
While it makes us prone to flooding, at the same time, we usually never get enough rain to really flood, unless it's during a major storm. Heck, even during Hurricane Ike, my house didn't get even a remote speck of water. Memorial Day Flood either.

This time around, you've got people that didn't even flood on the Memorial Day and Tax Day floods having a few feet of water in their homes. From what I've heard, everyone in Houston that I know got at least a little bit of water in their house. It's insane.

What baffles me, is that the bayous and riverbanks were already pretty high even before the storm hit. I also did some research, and there was a government fund for Westbury (where I lived in Houston) to have all homes raised up. It was passed in 2015, and yet its 2017, and it's been delayed countless times for no reason.

Regardless, this storm is just a piece of crap. It's hovering over Houston, and another "red" part of the rest of the storm is going to hit my area again. Feeling really glad to be high up in a hotel.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Chary is the storm expected to move on anytime soon? The local weather guesser here in Georgia said it was supposed to be in Kentucky by the weekend, but the forecast changes so much with the storm from what I've seen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, why is wish.com still alive?