[UPDATE 2] Calling all Tempers: Help Chary and Family!

Capture.JPG

Today we have setup a GoFundMe page for our beloved reporter @Chary.

Krista and her family have lost their entire home and all worldly possessions in the floods caused by Hurricane Harvey.

Please help us to help them by donating on the following page, any amount will help!

:arrow:Donate on GoFundMe
:arrow:Donate via Paypal to [email protected] and we'll match it on GoFundMe

:arrow:Houston Red Cross

[-UPDATE 2-]
Chary and her family have now received the cash from the fundraiser in full. Thanks again to everyone who donated and helped out!

[-UPDATE-]

After 2 weeks 82 donations have helped to raise £2022 (roughly $2670) to help Chary and her family to rebuild their lives.

A massive thanks to all of the following tempers who donated, and those of you who wished to remain anonymous:

@CreeperdivoHomebrewer
@BlackWizzard17
@Montgomery Von Goochums
@Becky McAndrew
[USER=31]@shaunj66

@thomas Hugh
@DinohScene
@Yudowat
@Disse
@Foxi4
@linuxares
@Bubsy Bobcat
@Depravo
@bjaxx87
@Mário Liberato
@RayD97 Dean
@eric Cobb
@Shadowfied
@sandra Hughes
@Majin Cubyan
[USER=290925]@frogboy

@nEx Y
@exangel
@Rebekah Davenport
@XxShalevElimelechxX
@mohammed Al Rashedi
@SuzieJoe Bob
@andre Trek
@lilaznkilla
@Aneki S
@Bu2d85
@Munchlax Brunchlax
[USER=30028]@Julio
Lizardo
@Eris
@Catsinabucket
@sarkwalvein
@drazenm
@xfxmrl
@Lia
@GamerzHell9137
@x65943
@Elrinth
@BowlOfSpiders
@jerbear64
@cearp
@VinsCool
@Minox
@Roify
@Apathetic_Discord
@Deathwing Zero
@Dennis L
@GearCross
@Joshua F
@draxoon
@Issac
@B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N
@Yu Lu
@Gallito
@misterion
@8BitWonder
@deakphreak
@Armadillo
@matpower
@H.F.H Peeters
@Taleweaver
@p1ngpong
@anon nano
@Alephas Enum
@DarkFlare69
@Todderbert
@HaloEliteLegend
@nastydsi
@ian Mc
[USER=317601]@mbcrazed

@elias Jackson
@6 x anonymous

Also a massive thanks to everyone who has streamed to help this fund.

You are what makes GBAtemp such an amazing community to be a part of!

Now, as for GoFundMe, they have still not released the funds to Chary, despite saying they would, over 10 days ago. The excuse is their engineers need time to convert the raised amount to dollars, and their payment processing team are trying their best to get it done. To me this sounds absurd, but here we are, 14 days since the fund started, waiting for the cash to be paid out in this emergency situation.[/USER][/USER][/USER][/USER]

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Ah jeez... that sucks about the insurance. Are you sure it's nothing they can do at all?
When it is a rental property then renter needs to have "renters insurance" to have insurance on any of their personal possessions, otherwise the land owners insurance will only cover the building and land.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
When it is a rental property then renter needs to have "renters insurance" to have insurance on any of their personal possessions, otherwise the land owners insurance will only cover the building and land.
Damn that sucks. Where I live it's not needed but highly recommended to have your own homeowners insurance.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Beijing once got hit by flood once. Lots of idiots get trapped in tunnels and not escaping their cars. On the other hand Communism China build really shitty sewers.

Last edited by Yil,

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I keep looking at the gofundme, and discord DMs, and GBAtemp PMs, and every donation, every word of kindness just amazes me. I'm so happy, I'm so thankful, you're all just amazing.

My uncle called, he's bringing a friend with a big truck, and we're going to get my dog, in 30 mins, and pack up anything salvageable in the house. Puppy soon! Yay! Hopefully there's some things that can be saved.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow we broke 1k! I'm so proud of this website right now.

@Chary does your family know about this fundraiser yet? I'm just curious on how they feel.
My dad didn't understand what it meant. He just kinda nodded, but he's still stuck in 1996 in terms of technology. Mom, however cried about it, saying she's really happy.

Apathetic_Discord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My dad didn't understand what it meant. He just kinda nodded, but he's still stuck in 1996 in terms of technology. Mom, however cried about it, saying she's really happy.

Well, after the shite week you've had, I think you guys could do with every little bit of happiness you can find. :)

Reactions: Chary

phreaksho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best wishes! When disaster strikes we'll need all the help we can get. Wouldn't wish this kind of thing on anyone. (seeing the community do this kind of stuff to help out, it fills you with determination!) ^_^

Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The dog is back !
I'm glad he was still here, and they didn't send him somewhere else yet.

you could go back to your home and start packing things?
The road is looking bad. We're debating just taking the dog back home. It's raining harder, and there's trees down in the road to my house. It's looking too sketchy, but I don't care, I have my dog.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Kind of breaking news : https://twitter.com/AllisonLHedges/status/902541105731915778

A leeves is breached and South Houston must evacuate ASAP.

I don't know if the source is reliable, nor if @Chary lives there, but it made French media so... please be careful.
They were speaking of this on the news. Brazoria is a little bit close to my house and where we are, but I'm already heading back. The dams I know for sure are being let out, and I heard the leeves might not take much more, but I'm gonna assume that's a reliable tweet. It theoretically shouldn't affect my house, but after all this, I'm taking no chances. Thanks.

D

Deleted User

View attachment 97119

At this rate, it's easier to list what WON'T flood. The rain isn't even projected to stop remotely soon. The newsroom of channel 11 even started flooding on TV. I slept so super well, but then flood alarms were playing nonstop, so I woke up. This storm sucks :( but I'm really happy to have gotten to sleep.
seriously? news room flooded? that beats the news here suddenly going offline for no reason

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
@Chary have you guys gotten the evacuation order? One of the dams have been breached.
I wouldn't even know. They just told "south Houston", which is a LOT of area, to just gtfo. I'm totally checked out of that area, I've been at the hotel downtown and there is hardly any rain or water here.

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I wouldn't even know. They just told "south Houston", which is a LOT of area, to just gtfo. I'm totally checked out of that area, I've been at the hotel downtown and there is hardly any rain or water here.
Yeah apparently it was big red papers spread to GTFO NOW apparently.

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The most ridiculous is that the storm itself is much weaker than Katrina, it's not even classified as a hurricane anymore. Unfortunately, the increase in humidity caused by global warming made Harvey release huge quantities of water in the shape of rain. This led to the flooding damages being higher than the ones of Katrina despite the storm itself being weaker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/_4oRbWv0veA?si=rOKCuNsE0oUCvEwa