Homebrew Update 11.7 and Homebrew

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The otherapp.bin. I think that if I download it, it would probably work
You and I seem to have very different definitions of the word "exactly".

Look at the homepage for RPwnG. You will note that it does not make any reference to otherapp.bin . There is nothing you can do with otherapp.bin that will make it work again.
https://mrnbayoh.github.io/rpwng/

See also http://wololo.net/2017/08/29/3ds-rpwng-exploit-patched-nintendo-source-code-released/ .

(Actually, I suppose there might be a way to build the exploit and copy it to an SD card without having to rely on the servers – but it doesn't look like anyone has done that, and like Steelhax, you'd still need to encrypt the exploit before copying it to your SD card.)

Last edited by Kwyjor,

Mizat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured all this out, if you want to help the PKMN community read the last paragraph. Thanks. I removed the hel I needed, thank you anyways, I wrote a brief summary of a project, if you use PKhex please read.

I'm leaning towards it working, probably go through with it unless I get a response soon. I'll need the real help after that lol
[edit all this as been figured out a while ago sorry and thank you for your help] - Now I am in the process of creating a file with all legal event pokemon. If you have any .pk files from any gen with event, wonder card, pokemon given out at Worlds ect. Please PM me or link me the right direction. Does not matter if it is a legal pokemon from gen 1 or gen 4, .pk1 or .pk7 I will transfer from game to game. This is a huge process. I will update my profile with more. Sorry this is off topic.

Last edited by Mizat,

sleepy122

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Easy question, is it safe to play .cia downloads is online mode? like MonHun Generations and so on?
Would go through 10 pages to read about that but im way too busy right now

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My pc says my 3ds sd needs to be formatted what do i do it works just fine in my 3ds
  1. If you can use Windows File Explorer, copy everything off the SD card.
  2. If Windows File Explorer doesn't allow access to your files, try using Recuva.
  3. Reformat the card as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. Use guiformat if it's bigger than 32 GB.
    • (Optional) If you have a spare SD card, you can avoid reformatting your main card.
  4. Check the empty card with H2testw for hardware defects in a Full Write + Verify test.
  5. If the card passes, put everything back on.
If you can't copy your files through a computer's SD reader with neither Windows File Explorer nor Recuva.
  1. Install 3DShell on your 3DS. You may need to copy the *.cia or *.3dsx files onto your CTRNAND drive using GodMode9 on a different SD card, and then copy those files over the main card.
  2. Install WinSCP on your desktop.
  3. Through FTP wireless connection, copy your files from your 3DS over to your desktop.

Peter6828

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. If you can use Windows File Explorer, copy everything off the SD card.
  2. If Windows File Explorer doesn't allow access to your files, try using Recuva.
  3. Reformat the card as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. Use guiformat if it's bigger than 32 GB.
    • (Optional) If you have a spare SD card, you can avoid reformatting your main card.
  4. Check the empty card with H2testw for hardware defects in a Full Write + Verify test.
  5. If the card passes, put everything back on.
If you can't copy your files through a computer's SD reader with neither Windows File Explorer nor Recuva.
  1. Install 3DShell on your 3DS. You may need to copy the *.cia or *.3dsx files onto your CTRNAND drive using GodMode9 on a different SD card, and then copy those files over the main card.
  2. Install WinSCP on your desktop.
  3. Through FTP wireless connection, copy your files from your 3DS over to your desktop.
i cant access my sd card in general it says i need tp format it when i put in my pc

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i cant access my sd card in general it says i need tp format it when i put in my pc
Read that post again. You should be able to do this without putting your SD card in your PC.

If you have FTPd on your SD card already (available through the Homebrew Launcher), then you can just run that, and then run an FTP client like Filezilla on your Windows PC. Or if you have a New 3DS, you can just use MicroSD Management.

Once you have copied everything off your SD card, you can copy it from your PC to a new SD card, and stop using the one you have now.

Also, why are you posting in a thread about Update 11.7? This has nothing to do with 11.7. 11.7 is history now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far