Homebrew Update 11.3 and homebrew

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats a bit mean, especially to devs. no program deserves to stay dead ;).
plus again, it was the very first cfw that started it all
yes teh fact its been abandoned, yet people who are backwards and stuck in thier ways cling to it like its still the golden god CFW, it does nothing but cause issues and flood teh forums with both hater threads and "how can i use XXX with rxTools!? " "ohh no XXX Update broke it.. how can i downgrade to use rxtools?/how can i make XXX firmware work with it?"

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes teh fact its been abandoned, yet people who are backwards and stuck in thier ways cling to it like its still the golden god CFW, it does nothing but cause issues and flood teh forums with both hater threads and "how can i use XXX with rxTools!? " "ohh no XXX Update broke it.. how can i downgrade to use rxtools?/how can i make XXX firmware work with it?"
LMFAO you would think by now EVERYONE Would have gotten passed RX/emunand phase

but just in case im not saying its the greatest thing since toilet paper, im just saying it was a pretty great innovation..... at the time.

but open source means it wont exactly stay dead until 3ds dies.

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To be honest - that's more the user's fault than RxTools'.

If they're stupid enough to cling onto a dead CFW, with little to no support (when the move to Luma is stupidly easy and painfree), then in those cases it would be best to just point them in the right direction (RxTools to Luma conversion guide) and lock the thread.

If they're not computer literate enough to understand when software reaches EoL (end of life) it's time to move on, then anything which follows is their own fault and they've got to accept that if they want help, they've got to move onto a newer CFW.

They were warned when Sun/Moon broke RxTools so they've had time to jump ship and move elsewhere, but if they're stubborn enough to stick by a sinking ship - then anything which follows is their own doing and they're on their own fixing it.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMFAO you would think by now EVERYONE Would have gotten passed RX/emunand phase

but just in case im not saying its the greatest thing since toilet paper, im just saying it was a pretty great innovation..... at the time.

but open source means it wont exactly stay dead until 3ds dies.

To be honest - that's more the user's fault than RxTools'.

If they're stupid enough to cling onto a dead CFW, with little to no support (when the move to Luma is stupidly easy and painfree), then in those cases it would be best to just point them in the right direction (RxTools to Luma conversion guide) and lock the thread.

If they're not computer literate enough to understand when software reaches EoL (end of life) it's time to move on, then anything which follows is their own fault and they've got to accept that if they want help, they've got to move onto a newer CFW.

They were warned when Sun/Moon broke RxTools so they've had time to jump ship and move elsewhere, but if they're stubborn enough to stick by a sinking ship - then anything which follows is their own doing and they're on their own fixing it.

its because they try to do the most backwater ways of keeping things working and refusal to update is whats holden em back they frankenfirm just to go online till it gets "Patched". while yes now they haveto move into an A9LHsetup for the ones who didnt update, and can no longer cling to half-arsed ways to making it work for the time being untill someone (eventually its going to happen,) patch it to work like Luma and not use hardcoded 9.2 nfirm, but to use the latest nfirm (but ohh no :D that means they haveto update and break thier precious saying "we use it because it works, dont fix what isnt broken !D: " )

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying it works but it doesn't work. I don't get it.
Oh dear lord, the payload is not available as of now, so for now it's not working. HOWEVER, the way soundhax itself works, has not been fixed. Nintendo just fixed a way to launch Homebrew Launcher.

On a side note, does anyone know if you can go online with FreeShop DLC? Or will it get deleted/get you banned?

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So you're saying it works but it doesn't work. I don't get it.
OK so

Soundhax exploit still works

But they do something called GSPwn, which that basically let us get the homebrew launcher to appear in the screen, that has been patched.

And the payload used to get stuff to load GSPwn is outdated too.

So basically they have to:

• Find a way to bypass GSP/Find a new way to load Homebrew Launcher
  • Update the payloads

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so

Soundhax exploit still works

But they do something called GSPwn, which that basically let us get the homebrew launcher to appear in the screen, that has been patched.

And the payload used to get stuff to load GSPwn is outdated too.

So basically they have to:

• Find a way to bypass GSP/Find a new way to load Homebrew Launcher
  • Update the payloads
Correct, see? Easy. They'll fix the GSP stuff in the payload I'm sure.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
It's way more harder than that if I'm correct... Since the code it's hardcoded in the own NAND. (But who knows they might find a new way to bypass the patch)

For CFW users I expect a fix will be out fairly soon. Since Smea says that worst case it can be loaded via an arm11 kernel exploit that suggests that it should be possible to update the hbl cia and payloads to use good old svcbackdoor. Or just take the nuclear option and re-add/reimplement gspwn like they did with svcbackdoor. Homebrew for non-CFW users will probably take a bit longer, especially on o3ds.

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's way more harder than that if I'm correct... Since the code it's hardcoded in the own NAND. (But who knows they might find a new way to bypass the patch)
I said "Easy" as in "it's easy for the end user to do" not "it's easy for smea to fix" trust me, I know it can be quite difficult. He's even admitted he's surprised by this update, he'll have it fixed as soon as he can, but it's no average incremental update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries