Homebrew Update 11.3 and homebrew

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong typing, I mean, If you don't want a file on CTRNAND.
My taste in poor humor overrides the will to conform. Even though my main console is with the majority, I'd still like to have one Rxtools system. I know it's a few small files and could be done in minutes, but I don't want to.

It's like certain sex acts with certain people--they just don't want to.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
My taste in poor humor overrides the will to conform. Even though my main console is with the majority, I'd still like to have an Rxtools system. I know it's a few small files and could be done in minutes, but I don't want to.

It's like certain sex acts with certain people--they just don't want to.
Ok, as you wish. Since there is a dev working on Yep rxtools, may be another update will come soon.

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you want to do frankenfirm with only online module on EmuNAND with rxtools then?

I think you can use most things:
online in games
eshop
Miiverse

But I guess you couldn't use the internet app, unless you got the applet?

Either way, when you have multiple systems, you probably only care about certain features for specific reasons.

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some people just like the super old car they have, even though they know it barely works and there are tons better than it
BMW 325 IS 1988
The ultimate driving machine.....that doesn't have unnecessary O2 filters designed to cause a check engine light fiasco to waste your money.

And carburetors, but people like those.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can confirm Gateway is not working anymore it boots into a black screen
Did you really really get rid of your RxTools+emu SD?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly I dont think they care about 3DS anymore.... since Switch is coming out within a month....
If they didn't care about the 3DS, then why do they continue to push out updates to the system? If they didn't care anymore, we would be stuck with 11.2.0-35 for the rest of time and they wouldn't have released 11.3.

D

Deleted User

If they didn't care about the 3DS, then why do they continue to push out updates to the system? If they didn't care anymore, we would be stuck with 11.2.0-35 for the rest of time and they wouldn't have released 11.3.
or this is the final note to prevent hacking.... or could be a gaint bluff, or maybe its something we clearly don't know at the moment.

jnmiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on Luma3ds with Arm9 on 11.2. Should I update to 11.3 atm? And lets say, I accidentally update to 11.3, it will be safe, right? I am making sure. Better to be safe than not.

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A question, I have Luma and A9 on 11.2.
I don't have a backup (pretty sure I do) but not sure if it's made with the 11.2 firmware... or 11.1?
Can't remember.

So, IF I update, in order to be able to play on-line, WHY WOULD I want to go back to 11.2, is there something special comming in the future for that firmware?

Reactions: jnmiah

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a backup (pretty sure I do) but not sure if it's made with the 11.2 firmware... or 11.1?
Can't remember.

So, IF I update, in order to be able to play on-line, WHY WOULD I want to go back to 11.2, is there something special comming in the future for that firmware?
If you don't have a backup, make one. its super easy with a9lh.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't remember.

You would go back to a previous firmware if something in the update broke, such as the Homebrew Launcher or BootNTR. Once those issues are fixed (whatever they are and if they can be fixed), you can then update to the latest firmware.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You would go back to a previous firmware if something in the update broke, such as the Homebrew Launcher or BootNTR. Once those are fixed issues are fixed (whatever they are and if they can be fixed), you can then update to the latest firmware.
Ooooooh :)
I see now.
Well, gotta make a backup before I update ^_^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you don't have a backup, make one. its super easy with a9lh.
I have it, but can't remember if its made when I was in 11.1 or 11.2 :creep:

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I think you can use most things:
online in games
eshop
Miiverse

But I guess you couldn't use the internet app, unless you got the applet?

Either way, when you have multiple systems, you probably only care about certain features for specific reasons.
frankenfirm should work except the game which require NFIRM update,
Although I think those route is a bit harder than change to menuhax + Luma3DS.
Well, it still up to you. I also have multiple 3DS, which I end up put A9LH + Luma3DS to all of them.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock