Homebrew Update 11.0 and Homebrew

Rodimus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Homebrew running on my 11.0 N3DS. I am and now using v*hax. I used my 10.3 O3DS to install the N3DS payload/exploit for SuperMysteryChunkhax. Then I used that to install v*hax on my N3DS. Everything works fine so far. I was also able to restore my Pokemon SMD save, so I didn't really lose anything except for my vvvvvv save, which is fine since I had very little progress.
:yay3ds:

Twanvl

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, i want to buy a N3DS XL, is there any chance i could install homebrew now to install CIA files to install games?

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i want to buy a N3DS XL, is there any chance i could install homebrew now to install CIA files to install games?
If you buy one brand new then it will be guaranteed hackable but if it is preowned and is on 11.0 then you would need a hardmod.

Twanvl

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you buy one brand new then it will be guaranteed hackable but if it is preowned and is on 11.0 then you would need a hardmod.
It will be a brand new one, i thought the brand new ones always has the newest updates?
What if the firmware he has is 7.2 and the game needs 9.2 and the 3DS wants to upgrade to 11.0?

Last edited by Twanvl,

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
It will be a brand new one, i thought the brand new ones always has the newest updates?
What if the firmware he has is 7.2 and the game needs 9.2 and the 3DS wants to upgrade to 11.0?
Brand new ones have been manufactured months ago and been sitting in transit and store shelves probably for months since the update released!

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brand new ones have been manufactured months ago and been sitting in transit and store shelves probably for months since the update released!
Yeah, @Twanvl , if you buy a brand new one from the store now, it will probably come on something like 10.3, which is hackable right out of the box. From there you can downgrade and setup emuNAND to install CIAs.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
CarlosFC, you said you were able to get into Homebrew using Super Mystery Dungeon? Anyone here who knows if Ocarina of Time stills works with FW 11?
I need to install Homebrew on my 3DS with FW 11. I don't have Super Mystery Dungeon so there's hopefully another way that'll work out.
You need to wait the fix for Ninjhax and then the fix to be ported to Ocarina of Time 3D Hax in 11.0.

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I know that, since I'm using A9LH, I should probably be fine come what may but it's good to have confirmation that all's well before I hit the mighty "Update now" button.

Reactions: GalladeGuy

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm currently on N3DS XL Sysnand 9.2.0 and Emunand Rei - 10.7 , is it still possible for me to get a9lh + luma3ds? and if not, is it safe for me to update my Emunand to Rei - 11.0?
Thanks a bunch, and again, I'm really sorry for being almost completely clueless.
Now I only need to know about my other inquiry. So thanks in advance for anyone kinda enough to answer
It is still possible for you to get A9LH (& Luma3DS) if you're still on 10.7 or lower; just read the guide and be careful.

Reactions: Saintwave

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks a bunch! I'm not anywhere near good enough to call myself a techie, so yeah I'm still kinda scared to try it, but I don't want to regret not getting a9lh. Haha
I understand. As you long as you read the guide many times through and follow it to the letter, you should be fine.
Don't take the plunge until you're comfortable with what you're doing.

etshelden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that this probably isn't possible, but it was an idea I had about ninjhax and having it fixed.

Since smealum has fixed the memory randomization (https://twitter.com/smealum/status/731905392570028032), which would theoretically allow us to get into ninjhax, but we can't download the payload normally since CN has lost network access (talk about rude), couldn't we get into HBL via ninjhax once, then make an installer, like the oot3dhax one, to permanently install the payload?

Since I'm not a techie or coder at all and have little to no experience with successful ideas, I'm aware that this probably won't work, but thought that I might throw this idea out there. If anyone would like to tell me why/why it won't work, that'd be nice to know, or thoughts on the idea.

However, then what would we call ninjhax? A frankenploit™?

Smynos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It is still possible for you to get A9LH (& Luma3DS) if you're still on 10.7 or lower; just read the guide and be careful.
I have now read the guide and it is very interesting.

But one question is still unclear for me:

I have a new N3DS XL which I bought over a year ago. It is at version 9.0.0-20U.
Should I update this to 9.2 before I install A9LH & Luma3DS?
Or is 9.0.0 OK?
I don't know what the difference between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0 is.

The guide is not entirely clear about this.
It says there (on the page Get Started):
If you are on 9.0.0 or 9.1.0 you are fine where you are as both are almost identical to 9.2.0.
But on the page Part 2 (Downgrading) it says:
If you are already on 9.2.0-20, skip to step 18.
But I am not on 9.2.0-20; I am on 9.0.0-20.
Probably this doesn't matter.
But I just want to ask the experts to be sure.

I could follow the update process to 9.2.0 on page 9.2.0 Update.
But the guide says on this page:
If you are on versions 9.0.0 through 10.7.0 you can just follow the instructions here.
And points to the Get Started page.
Maybe an update from 9.0.0 to 9.2.0 following this page doesn't work?

So, it looks like 9.0.0 can be used to install all the stuff and everywhere the guide talks about 9.2.0 it means 9.0.0, 9.1.0 or 9.2.0?
Right?

Thanks.

etshelden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand what you mean by this. If you mean that we install Ninjhax (with the fix) on 10.7 and then upgrade to 11.0, then yes, it would work just like OoThax does.
However, I believe smea is working on fitting Ninjhax into a single QR code, and, regardless, the memory randomisation fix itself hasn't yet been released for Ninj- or OoThax as far as I believe.

It would just be demoted to a secondary exploit on 11.0 and higher.

All in all, you're just talking about Ninjhax working as any other secondary exploit, nothing special, and I imagine that is what will be done if the QR magic can't be worked out.

What I was thinking was since it seems that the memory randomization has been completed (but not yet released) and the QR is being worked on in order to download the payload, if we couldn't get the QR to work to download the payload, but to still access it, we could get into the HBL and have an app that could install the payload like oot3dhax. We could do this all on 11.0, if we can get a QR with the memory fix. Does this make sense?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What I was thinking was since it seems that the memory randomization has been completed (but not yet released) and the QR is being worked on in order to download the payload, if we couldn't get the QR to work to download the payload, but to still access it, we could get into the HBL and have an app that could install the payload like oot3dhax. We could do this all on 11.0, if we can get a QR with the memory fix. Does this make sense?

Here's how it'd possibly work.

UPDATE TO 11.0 >> ENTER CUBIC NINJA >> SCAN 11.0 QR (with no download feature) >> GO INTO HBL >> DOWNLOAD APP TO INSTALL PAYLOAD >> INSTALL PAYLOAD >> DO A HAPPY DANCE (optional)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1