Homebrew Update 11.0 and Homebrew

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: ReiNAND became, AureiNAND, which in turn became Luma3DS. If you want the most updated version just replace the Luma3DS files with the ReiNAND ones. (Armloaderhax for A9LH/ .3dsx or. dat for menuhax/emunand)
ReiNAND did not become AureiNAND, Aurei was a fork, and is it's own project. ReiNAND is still being developed independently by it's original author.

So what's the current method if any to get Homebrew on a 11.0 N3DS without CFW?
I have Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon carts. I also have vvvvvv on my N3DS that I bought over a year ago.

I also have Powersaves and a O3DS with 10.3 with Ironhax and Menuhax that can be used to install Homebrew to carts.
Would I be able to get Homebrew Running on my 11.0 N3DS?
There is no primary entry point for 11.0 at this time, and while (v*)hax works on 11.0, you would have needed the payload save put on your 3ds prior to updating.

You may be able to use Super Mystery Dungeon though, by using your o3ds to install the smchax payload on it.

Rodimus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Humblehax/SMChax work on 11.0 sysnand.

You may be able to use Super Mystery Dungeon though, by using your o3ds to install the smchax payload on it.

Thanks for the replies. Would I be able to install v*hax through SMCHax once/if I am able to get SMCHax running on my 11.0 N3DS?

As for installing CFW/Downgrading, I don't really feel the need to. I only use Homebrew for extracting/injecting savegames and other minor things, I haven't even bothered using custom themes for a couple of months now. It's not a huge loss to me if I am unable to get Homebrew running on my 3DS. I know with CFW you can get "free" games and all that other cool stuff, but I am still buying new games and will continue to buy games, CFW seems redundant to me at least if I am still willing to buy games both physically and digitally and only use Homebrew for minor things

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough. Not everyone uses CFW for piracy though, there is a lot more you can do than just get free games. I mainly use it myself for changing region in Pokemon games to get international events, the save injectors through CIA, custom apps like Bootanim9 etc. I def still buy new games and stuff though, to get a free one someone has to uncart the real one anyway haha :D

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the replies. Would I be able to install v*hax through SMCHax once/if I am able to get SMCHax running on my 11.0 N3DS?
I believe so, but I don't have any experience with either SMCHax or v*hax, so I can't answer definitively :)

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
If you don"t want CFW or downgrading, what you also lose is Legit Cia"s installation, Blocked Entry Points and svcBackdoor that can make Homebrew that makes use of it run a little worse; if you don"t have any affectation by any of this and have an Entry Point that you can use on 11.0 I though the best to update, also if you already use CFW in fact you can also update.
Once you get running supermisterychunHax you can install v*hax troguht the first, only remeber to use the last starter pack to have all the needed files in your 3ds folder already.

Also as said not all the people use CFW for piracy even if CFW allows it, but no all the people use the extra features, but for one that use it CFW is definitively a good way to do all of this that officially. Myself I don"t use CFW but there"s really impressive and useful features in CFW.

Rodimus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, thank you guys for the replies and help. I will attempt to get Homebrew running on 11.0, if I manage to do so I will post a reply within the next few days just to confirm things worked out fine.

CarlosFC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me guys I just managed to get into homebrew on Firmware 11.0.0-33U with a Super Mystery Dungeon game. Is there any working app that can install CIAs?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Lol. Thats the only reason I wanted the homebrew. You think there will be an app or update soon?
I can't imagine so; the only way to install CIAs is to downgrade, and the only known methods of downgrading were patched in the 11.0 update. Honestly, I don't think that it'll be possible (without a hardmod) for a while, if ever.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
For install Legit Cia"s it may be sometime because MemChunkHax 2.1 or SVCHax isn"t totally patched in 11.0, but it"s more difficult to get it fixed again so it may can take much time if is it what you say.

CarlosFC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine so; the only way to install CIAs is to downgrade, and the only known methods of downgrading were patched in the 11.0 update. Honestly, I don't think that it'll be possible (without a hardmod) for a while, if ever.
For install Legit Cia"s it may be sometime because MemChunkHax 2.1 or SVCHax isn"t totally patched in 11.0, but it"s more difficult to get it fixed again so it may can take much time if is it what you say.
Fair enough I guess Ill just be patient and wait. Thanks for the quick answers!
Is there any type of list of compatible apps for homebrew on FW 11?

Last edited by CarlosFC,

Lops

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CarlosFC, you said you were able to get into Homebrew using Super Mystery Dungeon? Anyone here who knows if Ocarina of Time stills works with FW 11?
I need to install Homebrew on my 3DS with FW 11. I don't have Super Mystery Dungeon so there's hopefully another way that'll work out.

theskipster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a stupid question, but I know you can't downgrade in 11.0, at least partially because of that minimum version list. But if I have a backup of my sysNAND, could I flash it back on, assuming I have homebrew access/A9LH?

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
This may be a stupid question, but I know you can't downgrade in 11.0, at least partially because of that minimum version list. But if I have a backup of my sysNAND, could I flash it back on, assuming I have homebrew access/A9LH?
You could flash it back using decrypt 9 launched through a9lh

CarlosFC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarlosFC, you said you were able to get into Homebrew using Super Mystery Dungeon? Anyone here who knows if Ocarina of Time stills works with FW 11?
I need to install Homebrew on my 3DS with FW 11. I don't have Super Mystery Dungeon so there's hopefully another way that'll work out.
OOTHax and NinjHax were patched. check this to see the available options for homebrew on the latest firmware. https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

Saintwave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I'm still don't quite understand how everything in CFW's work, as I only used step by step tutorials to setup an emunand, and I would just like to ask.

I'm currently on N3DS XL Sysnand 9.2.0 and Emunand Rei - 10.7 , is it still possible for me to get a9lh + luma3ds? and if not, is it safe for me to update my Emunand to Rei - 11.0?

Thanks a bunch, and again, I'm really sorry for being almost completely clueless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__