Status
Not open for further replies.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I keep getting stuck installing the wad files, i get the ERROR! ret=-1 and so I tried changing the sd card, formating the card and using a different wad manager but nothing works. I searched the forums but all i got was to change the sd card and most of the post were a few months old, any help would be appreciated.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3020 said:
I keep getting stuck installing the wad files, i get the ERROR! ret=-1 and so I tried changing the sd card, formating the card and using a different wad manager but nothing works. I searched the forums but all i got was to change the sd card and most of the post were a few months old, any help would be appreciated.
make sure you have cIOS installed. try to install it again
if that still doesnt work. downgrade to 3.2. use anytitle deleter to delete IOS249. reinstall cIOS and try WAD Manager. if it works then update and try again.

d0ckness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3020 said:

I was getting that error. Change installer. Get the one out of the softmii package.

trancegemini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda
thank you for the help
smile.gif

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody tell me the difference between using Waninkoko's cIOS downgrader vs. using any region changer to return to 3.2u?

Is it that his cIOS downgrader does not downgrade the IOS that have been patched with cIOS 36 revisions, whereas anyregionchanger would obviously downgrade that also?

I have always wondered, and never quite been sure...

If this question has already been asked and answered, I apologize...but I really do not want to search through 30 pages.

Edit: One more question. Does this tutorial still allow unofficial wads to work from SD, or do I need to go with this guy?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143281

gible123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question,

if i follow this guide, will i still be able to use ocarina app? and will my wii stay 3.2? or will it be 4.0

monkeydjeffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
good day....

i'm having this error message when i try to use firmware updater v.4.0

the app starts d/ling IOS30, IOS37, IOS38, IOS50.....

and when it gets to IOS51.... it comes with the following error message.

>> Downloading TMD... ERROR! (ret = -1)

Press any button to restart...

Any ideas on wht is happening on error above...

i've trry to redo from step 1.... but twice... can't get pass this point...

NeoMatrix2525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I was debating whether to post this question in the thread, or start a new topic, but I think it's definitely the most relevant here. Anyway, I used this guide to update my system to 4.0, and then installed preloader. Everything works great. However, in anticipation of the... eventual (and hopefully not canceled-somewhere-down-the-line) release of bootmii, I would like to know this:

What is the safest and most efficient way to remove preloader and end up with my system running waninkoko's patched 4.0 system menu (i.e. the end result of this guide before installing preloader)?

I've tried scanning this thread, and searching other topics, but have not found a definitive answer. If this question has been answered somewhere, then I would kindly ask that someone re-direct me to the post.
I was thinking something along the lines of either: just re-running waninkoko's 4.0 updater and have it overwrite preloader, or using the downgrader to revert back to 3.2, and then use the updater to get back to 4.0. I have little experience working with all of these programs, so I want to make sure the method I use will work, and will work relatively safely. Thanks.

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeoMatrix2525 said:
Alright, I was debating whether to post this question in the thread, or start a new topic, but I think it's definitely the most relevant here. Anyway, I used this guide to update my system to 4.0, and then installed preloader. Everything works great. However, in anticipation of the... eventual (and hopefully not canceled-somewhere-down-the-line) release of bootmii, I would like to know this:

What is the safest and most efficient way to remove preloader and end up with my system running waninkoko's patched 4.0 system menu (i.e. the end result of this guide before installing preloader)?

I've tried scanning this thread, and searching other topics, but have not found a definitive answer. If this question has been answered somewhere, then I would kindly ask that someone re-direct me to the post.
I was thinking something along the lines of either: just re-running waninkoko's 4.0 updater and have it overwrite preloader, or using the downgrader to revert back to 3.2, and then use the updater to get back to 4.0. I have little experience working with all of these programs, so I want to make sure the method I use will work, and will work relatively safely. Thanks.

As quoted from Preloader's Wiibrew page:

" Uninstall

The simplest and safest way to remove preloader is to reinstall the System Menu using AnyRegion Changer or a WAD installer."

NeoMatrix2525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diffikolt said:
" Uninstall

The simplest and safest way to remove preloader is to reinstall the System Menu using AnyRegion Changer or a WAD installer."

I suppose I didn't quite clarify enough. I've read the info about just overwriting preloader by reinstalling any system menu. I just want to know specifically if Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater will get the job done by itself, since it does download the main parts of the system menu and select IOS's, which means I just reinstall it and I'm done, or, should I downgrade back to 3.2 and then run the 4.0 updater. From everything I've read, downgrading to 3.2 and overwriting preloader in the process will work, but could I save some hassle by only using the 4.0 updater?

Edit:
I think I'm getting a bit tired. I think I see what you're getting at. The safest way is probably downgrading through anyregion changer or a wad as opposed to using the cios downgrader? Well, if I used anyregion changer then, to revert back to 3.2, if I wanted to re-update, would I also have to reinstall any patched ios's (e.i. the IOS 60 updater) in addition to the 4.0 updater that I did before to ensure unsigned code still runs?

rAiN mAn 2o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great tutorial... works perfectly if you know how to follow instructions. why is this thread not STICKY?!?!?!

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First some background info....I'm on an original Wii, 3.2U, with a WiiKey 1.9s.

I start the update, it downloads everything just fine. It starts installing and give me an error (ret=-1010) and prompts me to press any button and restart. Does anybody have any idea what's going on and is there a way to fix this error?

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did the update, everything is working well except one thing. It's not really a problem but it's strange.
Whenever i try to read a message (nintendo update message for exemple) the wii crashes.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flobo said:
I did the update, everything is working well except one thing. It's not really a problem but it's strange.
Whenever i try to read a message (nintendo update message for exemple) the wii crashes.
That is very strange. I followed this guide and my Wii does not do that, although I once turned it on, and it took a LONG TIME to turn on. When it finally booted (I thought I was bricked), it said "Wii Message Board Data has been repaired. Some Message Board Data may be lost." That was not immeadiately after using this guide, it was later.

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It must be it, my message board must be corrupted. I wonder why your wii decided to repair it in its own and mine did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one. +1