Hacking ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
mickthestud said:
so how dou you install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad with wad manager when that wad has to be in the root of your sd card and not in the folder with the other wads...

who said we need to install IOS36-64-v1042.wad with wad manager?.

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like Captain Obvious would say, put a copy in the root and the wad folder.

smile.gif

chuudra

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
innercy said:
mickthestud said:
so how dou you install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad with wad manager when that wad has to be in the root of your sd card and not in the folder with the other wads...

who said we need to install IOS36-64-v1042.wad with wad manager?.

It says in the guide, if you are getting a fakesign error when installing Preloader v0.29 then you should install IOS36-64-v1042.wad using the wad manager.

However, I have tried this but it but I keep getting an error when trying to install it:

"Installing Content #14... ERROR (ret = - 1)

Can anyone help?

gregory020

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wii.spiffy360.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i got it working now it seems that if you have a custom theme that it wont install the 4.0 i had the xp changed it to original started over from the firmware updater and works fine now will check if everythings working but many many thanks its so much faster now

.d&n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
6) Run the IOS60 updater

say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
*My screen froze at this step*
say NO to install the shop channel

aniiwun can help? it downloaded all the IDs 15/15 and then it just didnt move (really long time)

thebawp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GGC said:
zorglub07 said:
I had the exact same problem dazzi, starting from step 2 (downgrader) the downgrader and every other program would crash with "exception (DSI)"
The problem occurs after installing "Custom IOS Installer (v36 rev 09)"
I managed to install everything by removing the CIOS v36 rev09 using the tools needed to install Backup Launcher Gamma, which fixed the other waninkoko programs crashing. since CIOS seemed to be the problem, I started from scratch following this order:

1 - CIOS downgrader
2 - firmware updater 4.0
3 - IOS60 updater
4 - preloader 0.29
5 - CIOS Custom Installer Rev9
Ok so I was stuck at the "initializing network" screen when trying to install updater 4.0 after installing cIOS Custom installer rev9 (NTSC-U Wii at 3.3U softmodded with HBC installed).

What I did was:
- remove IOS 249 (installed by cIOS rev9) using "cIOS_fix.wad",
- installed all of the above in that exact order (downgraded to 3.2U, just fyi and the whole process takes about an hour to dl and install everything so BE PATIENT!),
- and now everything works!! (thanks zorglub07 btw!!)

I can copy to the SD card and back to the Wii memory "unofficial" VC games and WiiWare without any problem.

The only channel I can't access is the Nintendo channel that asks for an update: is it safe to do it or am I better off without?

Okay, well I was encountering the same problem (stuck at initializing network screen on downgrader) so I followed the above advice and used the cIOS_fix.wad - however, now I'm just getting the -116 error which I understand from some reading is a no connection error. Problem is, my connection is working, it works on the HBC (I upgraded to latest version and it picks up fine) and the connection test works fine. I've tried resetting my router, resigning the connection agreement, resetting my connection, retrying the downgrader numerous times (and also making sure in the HBC it's showing as connected) as recommended in some other threads but still no dice. I'm using the Buffalo wifi gamers access point to connect so I'm guessing that's the cause of my problem so my question is:

Is there an offline alternative to using the downgrader?

If there is an alternative, am I likely to get the same problems with the 4.0 update by Waninkoko anyway (as that also requires an internet connection)?

Has anyone else got the Buffalo wifi gamers access point and have they encountered similar problems (or found a solution?!)

My Wii is currently 3.3E. I'm guessing I shouldn't skip the downgrading step (the FAQ indicates as much but what would the repercussions be if I did?)

Something I've noticed when using the homebrew browser is that when connecting to the internet it has to retry 6 or 7 times before it works but it does eventually work. Previously it just refused to work at all - does the downgrader only look for the connection once then give up? I had an older version of the HBC previously and noticed it never connected at all until I upgraded it to the latest version.

Finally, obviously I've run through steps 1-3 in this guide which means I've installed the IOS36-64-v1042.wad - and I've also run the Cios_fix.wad - what does this actually mean - what do these do? Are they some kind of custom firmware that allows me to do other things? My wii is 3.3E and has a wiikey installed.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANKS!!! works great the first time... besides the bad wifi connection i had at first.

trancegemini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question if i install everything listed in this guide and then want to downgrade to 3.2u will it restore everything on my wii to normal? Like will all the patched and added icos be removed and my wii just like a store bought 3.2u wii? Thanks

Melchizedek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had too an "exception DSI" error when I tried using cIOS downgrader, but it worked after I switched from Cable connection to Wi-Fi connection... I don't know why, but it worked with Wi-Fi instead of LAN.

thebawp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I figure it's definitely the way I'm connected that's the problem but I'm connected via wifi using AOSS and there isn't really a way to change it. I did try directly plugging the gamers wifi into the modem rather than through the router but that resulted in no connection at all!

One thing I was thinking was to get a ethernet to usb adaptor - does anyone know if you can use a generic one or does it have to be the Nintendo one?

Nevermind, found a compatibility list on google.

Knarf

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I installed this and everything went fine except preloader. I want to install it to protect my Wii, because I used to have starfall on it. I booted up preloader and it worked fine. I went to hacks and it said hack.ini couldn't be found. I then restarted my wii and now I can't even boot to the preloader. It's not even loading. I wanted to have autoboot disc while holding R, region free disc, region free VC/WW. Now I can't get any of that and I'm afraid to do anything else. Any help?

the_joeba

Trophies
Website
www.comicofrevelation.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If you want to load games from the disc channel you must install CIOSCORP

NOTE: NO ASKING FOR LINKS TO CIOS WADS
This section has some risks and is OPTIONAL
if you follow instructions you will be fine.

1) Put WAD Manager 1.3 on your sd card

http://www.teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/WAD-Manager_v1.3.zip

2) Install the CIOSCORP WADs

can be found in Softmii or MiiWii packages

3) Install CIOS60BF.wad

google "CIOS60HK.zip"

4) Your system menu will now say "System Files Corrupt" but dont worry! just hold reset and launch the Homebrew Channel and install Preloader 0.29 AGAIN

5) Enable update blocker in preloader. Hold RESET and power on. Change preloader options and hacks

I would like to see this expanded on.

2) There are 21 WADs in CIOSCORP and it doesn't say what version to use. I used CIOSCORP v2.

5) Preloader hacks.ini included in this tutorial didn't work. I had to go to http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks#USA_v4.0 for to get hacks.ini for System 4.0 (make sure you add an enter at the end of the .ini file (hacks.ini goes in the root of the SD card) The wording for "Enable update blocker" is labeled "Skip update check".

Great tutorial for up to that point. Very easy to follow. THANKS!

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question, as I've done everything in this guide, and seem to still be missing some things:

Should my Wii version be 4.0 or still 3.2 after this is done?
I don't know where the SD Card Channel is, or how to add it? Maybe because my Wii still says 3.2, then this upgrade didn't work?

I would love it if someone could explain the purpose of each step, why install certain cIOS etc. as I really like to know what's going on with the things I install, rather than blindly following someone elses directions that worked for them.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trancegemini said:
I have a question if i install everything listed in this guide and then want to downgrade to 3.2u will it restore everything on my wii to normal? Like will all the patched and added icos be removed and my wii just like a store bought 3.2u wii? Thanks
run cIOS Downgrader. IOS Downgrader. AnyRegion Changer.
Search for "wii virgin" on gbatemp

yotaiji012 said:
i have hardmodded wii do I have to use preloader?
no but its reccomended to block disc updates

QUOTE(Knarf @ Apr 19 2009, 02:14 PM)
I installed this and everything went fine except preloader. I want to install it to protect my Wii, because I used to have starfall on it. I booted up preloader and it worked fine. I went to hacks and it said hack.ini couldn't be found. I then restarted my wii and now I can't even boot to the preloader. It's not even loading. I wanted to have autoboot disc while holding R, region free disc, region free VC/WW. Now I can't get any of that and I'm afraid to do anything else. Any help?
unplug all SD cards, memory carbs, usb cables. unplug the system power and plug it back in, then hold RESET and turn on the system and it should show preloader. if not you may have a brick or semi brick

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
JJBro1 said:
what happens if we update through nintendo? I've heard alot of people are getting bricked with wanin's updater and that it doesn't come with all the ios's.

i know that the quoted post is fom the first page but i just wanted to sa i updated via official nintendo a few weeks ago and i've had no issues with anything at all
smile.gif

only thing thats different is the SD menu, and thats a plus anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious