gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Double posting happens to some people with eat up browsers, operating system files, or slow internet. In cases such as the above seen where this is pretty obvious what happened, don't judge. Also, it's assured most people here are young teens who learn to type on cell phones, but I won't use that as an excuse as everyone should attempt to master the keyboard at least once.

Either way, etiquette also requires being civil. ;p

So how would an offline installation of this work? Illegal WADs mostly I assume.

I always wished they would make versions of the WAD patchers used in these things for x86, so we could find the WADs ourselves and patch them and install them with a tool :V

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
what i did was install using WAD Manager and then use the "Move" command... I dont think you can use copy

That did the trick! Running wads through the SD channel now. Awesome!!

If you're getting a return -1 error when trying to install wads, make sure the folder name is "wad" and not "wads". Another stupid mistake on my part.

One last little glitch to work out. I installed the Wad Manager channel. When I hover over the channel it says Wad Manager v1.2, then when I click on it it shows the Canal Wad Manager then to the lower left Por Waninkoko Version 1.1. Now when I try to start the channel it says, this channel can't be used. What gives? I'm able to use Wad Manager v1.3 from the HBC, but I'd much rather have a dedicated channel for installing wads without having to go through the HBC.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gllt said:
So how would an offline installation of this work? Illegal WADs mostly I assume.
the only illegal files you need to download are CIOSCORP and that section is optional
supposedly the new softmii patches them on the wii so its completely legal to download
of course most peoples motives are to do illegal things but thats not to be discussed here
laugh.gif

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Installing ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)

Can someone help me? I don't have any Custom IOS and I'm already with 4.0 firmware... screwed? I tried to install the IOS via Wad Manager, but I got another error. People, I just NEED to run the pre-loader, please help me!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735

Is this the only solution? That isn't another way? Thanks in advance!

eniquiem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi and thanks for the guide!
Can someone please help, I'm on system menu 3.4E and just put in the homebrew channel last night.
I've done steps 1, 2 and 3 and am stuck on step 4.
when I try to run cIOS Downgrader it just reboots my wii? Instead of giving loading up the downgrader..
Should I try installing cIOS36 Rev10 from step 3 again?
Or is there something I'm missing?
Would I be able to skip the downgrade and run the 4.0 Updater? System menu shows version as 3.4E currently..
Thanks!

Ok tried running from start again, and when I try to Install cIOS36 rev10 I get an error "Installing ticket.. Error (ret =-2011). I've tried installing it from both network and wad and get the same error all times... can anyone help point me in the right direction please? Thanks!

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BIG UPDATE!
grog.gif

I made an entirely offline Downgrader and Upgrader for ALL WIIS even if you dont have CIOS!!

this new method is bit more risky so dont attempt it if you are not knowledgeable about homebrew

but im glad that many people stuck without a cios can now downgrade to 3.2 or fix their 4.0 menu

Please get me some feedback on this package soon with any requests for future versions

Good Luck and remember to read the first post thoroughly, it will be updated from time to time

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
assassda said:
BIG UPDATE!
grog.gif

I made an entirely offline Downgrader and Upgrader for ALL WIIS even if you dont have CIOS!!

this new method is bit more risky so dont attempt it if you are not knowledgeable about homebrew

but im glad that many people stuck without a cios can now downgrade to 3.2 or fix their 4.0 menu

Please get me some feedback on this package soon with any requests for future versions

Good Luck and remember to read the first post thoroughly, it will be updated from time to time

I went thru the batch file a bit and see that it supports all regions. Anyway, can this be used to downgrade directly from let's say 4.0J to 3.2U or 3.2J to 4.0U? Has this been tested?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
I went thru the batch file a bit and see that it supports all regions. Anyway, can this be used to downgrade directly from let's say 4.0J to 3.2U or 3.2J to 4.0U? Has this been tested?
I have not tested changing my region but theoretically it should work
i still think you also need to run anyregionchanger to change your shop settings and such?

I personally have used this method to downgrade from 4.0U to 3.2U and from 3.2U to 4.0U

ABGX

Trophies
XP
Country
tag, in the hope that when a workaround for installing stuff on a "virgin wii 4.0" is around, i may be able to just keep going with this thread, exactly the kind thing i was looking for, surely should be stickied

if i cant use this ill hope for a new guide just like it when a workaround is about =D

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
johnnyturk said:
tag, in the hope that when a workaround for installing stuff on a "virgin wii 4.0" is around, i may be able to just keep going with this thread, exactly the kind thing i was looking for, surely should be stickied

if i cant use this ill hope for a new guide just like it when a workaround is about =D

This Offline method works on a "Virgin" 4.0 Wii if you have HBC installed
If you have a mod chip there is a workaround method http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149848

I will definately update this guide when BaNNeRBoMB or another exploit for 4.0 Wiis is released. And yeah a stickie would be nice
wink2.gif

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why do I need CIOS60BF.wad? Out of all the tutorials I looked at I've never seen this come up anywhere. Arent you done with cIOScorp once you installed it?

fernandolds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, I'm new to this so ppplease bear with me...

I got a couple of uber newbie questions:

1. Why do we want to update to 4.0 ? I was in 3.4u then downloaded to 3.2u and everything works, but I guess there is a need for 4.0 that i dont know of ???

2. If i follow this tutorial, will i still be able to run Backup Loader?
3. what version of Homebrew channel do we need to be in?
4. Does it matter that I have the Twilight hack installed?

Also, I'm still at 3.2U but cant run original discs because they ask to update the Wii... what can i do to bypass this?

thanks!

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Why do I need CIOS60BF.wad? Out of all the tutorials I looked at I've never seen this come up anywhere. Arent you done with cIOScorp once you installed it?
Im not sure if there is a difference between the IOS60 patcher from the online section and CIOS60BF. its not a needed step for offline installation

QUOTE(fernandolds @ May 4 2009, 12:23 PM) 1. Why do we want to update to 4.0 ? I was in 3.4u then downloaded to 3.2u and everything works, but I guess there is a need for 4.0 that i dont know of ???
2. If i follow this tutorial, will i still be able to run Backup Loader?
3. what version of Homebrew channel do we need to be in?
4. Does it matter that I have the Twilight hack installed?
Also, I'm still at 3.2U but cant run original discs because they ask to update the Wii... what can i do to bypass this?
1) 4.0 has the SD Menu
2) yes once you install cios36v9
3) any version should work, update if you can
4) the twilight hack is blocked in 4.0 so just make sure you have HBC installed
5) preloader blocks disc updates

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im geting a cant find hacks ini on fat or in nand from preloader any one know the fix?

and one other thing only a couple games work now games that didwork now give the dvd 324 error

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the games that wotk are madworld,need for speed prostreet, dragonballz, donking boxing, vertigo ssbb,deadrising,battel rage,

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't play unofficial wads on the SD card menu. Did I do something wrong? Or can't everybody play unofficial wads on it?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it totally safe to install Preloader 0.29 on the Wii at 4.0. Do I need anything in the root and all that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SDA, ok googled it and sad +1