Ultimate Double Dragon, fanmade remake of Super Double Dragon, available for PC

Mau Herrera and his team have released a remake of the original Super Double Dragon using OpenBor as the base. The game has been in development for several years, and saw a final demo v1.5 release last year, though the game is still being updated up to this day, with the last video update being released on December 12th, 2022.

Some of the main features players can find in this fan remake are:
  • 16-bit SFX and OST
  • Play between two different OSTs, Cinematic and Best Bros
  • New style & combo switch, allowing the player to change fighting styles from other Double Dragon games
  • Each style has a different air grab
  • Style switching has different coloured effects
  • Faster style switch animations
  • New moves and combos
  • Extra characters
  • Artwork contribution by ormer Technos artist, Koji Ogata
  • ...and much, much more!
Additionally, Mau Herrera is also working on a fan remake of Final Fight, titled "Fight Forever", so those interested and delighted by their Double Dragon Remake can also look forward to the work on the FInal Fight remake done by Herrera.

:arrow: Release
:arrow: Discord

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's openbor, maybe it'll work on console ports of its engine
You are probably right! Just place the .PAK in the right spot. I can’t try it at work, though.

There are 2 kinds of people, ones that like Double Dragon and ones that like River City Ransom. River City Ransom was way better. :)

Reactions: DS1 and SylverReZ

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alas, I was hoping it would be the remake of Double Dragon arcade (and thus also of the Sega Genesis version) instead it's about the SNES version: I didn't like the latter, much less this remake, sadly too similar.

sz26BH.gif

This is the true and only original: the following titles are disappointing and represent regressions from various points of view.

Last edited by Nikokaro,

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Mau Herrera and his team have released a remake of the original Super Double Dragon using OpenBor as the base. The game has been in development for several years, and saw a final demo v1.5 release last year, though the game is still being updated up to this day, with the last video update being released on December 12th, 2022.

Some of the main features players can find in this fan remake are:
  • 16-bit SFX and OST
  • Play between two different OSTs, Cinematic and Best Bros
  • New style & combo switch, allowing the player to change fighting styles from other Double Dragon games
  • Each style has a different air grab
  • Style switching has different coloured effects
  • Faster style switch animations
  • New moves and combos
  • Extra characters
  • Artwork contribution by ormer Technos artist, Koji Ogata
  • ...and much, much more!
Additionally, Mau Herrera is also working on a fan remake of Final Fight, titled "Fight Forever", so those interested and delighted by their Double Dragon Remake can also look forward to the work on the FInal Fight remake done by Herrera.

:arrow: Release
:arrow: Discord

Dude this looks awesome! 🔥 Great job😁

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you mad? Double Dragon is far superior.
River City Ransom has attributes and skills. You can power up your character. I loved the mild RPG incorporation. Action and RPGs are my favorite genres. This was the both, TOGETHER! I had a great time with that game. I just really hated the password, though. I’d play the game straight through. Double Dragon was good, but I liked this better. Castle Crashers has similar traits. Another great side scrolling beat’em up.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only good Double Dragon is Double Dragon II for the NES.
I felt the nes had the best double dragon games especially the first one because it felt like it was different in a good way, other systems just basically made the actual arcade game. I just didn’t really like part 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo