'Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons' announced

double dragon.png

A new Double Dragon title is kicking its way onto PC and consoles soon! Developer Secret Base announced the upcoming co-operative beat ‘em up title Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons and aired a trailer for the game:

New York City in the year 199X: the city has been devastated by nuclear war. Its citizens fight for survival as riots, crime and chaos flood the streets. Criminal gangs terrorize what remains as they vie for dominance. Unwilling to endure these conditions any longer, young Billy and Jimmy Lee take it upon themselves to reclaim their city.

Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons gives players incredible, seamless tag team abilities and a multitude of strategies for devastating combos, defensive and offensive moves across the game’s 13 unique playable characters.

Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons will feature new and returning cast, and will support two-player local co-op. The game is slated for a release this summer on PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS4 and PS5.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks cool af.
But Arc System Works, pls fix River City Girls 2. 30 FPS even on PC ? I hope this one doesn't end up like that

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the day's of local play are FUCKING OVER!!! there should be rule to add online or GTFO. who cares how long it's delayed just add online dang nab it. and has my avatar say's i'll be keeping my money. (unless it's 10 dollars)

• Haha
Reactions: Ligeia and nWo

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the day's of local play are FUCKING OVER!!! there should be rule to add online or GTFO. who cares how long it's delayed just add online dang nab it. and has my avatar say's i'll be keeping my money. (unless it's 10 dollars)
I feel exactly the opposite. I don't give a crap about online play but love local co-op.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel exactly the opposite. I don't give a crap about online play but love local co-op.
Same here. Game looks cool af even though it's a little cutesy for Double Dragon.

Also, how sad is it that retro-styled games are the only games worth getting hyped about anymore? The AAA game cycle has gotten so stale and boring I can't even be bothered watching the trailers.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Alongside Mario Bros 3 and Megaman 2, Double Dragon were one of the franchises that presented me to the wonderful videogame world. There have been up and downs along the way....

This game art is a bit out-of-there for me but in general I am grateful that another Double Dragon game is coming. I just love the franchise. Back then, when they teamed up with Battletoads, it was an incredible blast.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arc System Works? Sold!

I do admit I was skeptical until I read ASW. :)
Post automatically merged:

Playing with someone next to me is a lot more fun and interesting than somebody via the internet.

It's a bit like going to a checkout with a clerk vs a self-checkout... Don't like it, there's no human interaction (and the stupid thing tends to error itself).

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have nothing to say other than
Rise of the Dragon was an early-90s cyberpunk point-and-click adventure game that was pretty frickin awesome, and I hope it doesn't go forgotten to time.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
Let's have both, like TMNT. Sadly, that game doesn't have that much people playing right now. I have both the Switch versions (Shredders Revenge, Cowabunga Collection) and I'm having a hard time playing with people online.

Pseudo99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm sorry you don't have friends that like to come over. Many of us do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny