• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

UFO Talk

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Sorry, it's bc UFOs are mostly asociated with aliens
Yes and well, that's what I can't prove or disprove. There have been quite a few strange things sighted but whether they are "aliens" as in extra-terrestrial or not is up to a debate. I certainly have never seen a grey alien being like is described so often. The classic stereotypical "alien" if you will.
But I wouldn't go as far as to say "aliens" can't exist, either.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should say not.

Is there potential for extraterrestrial life to exist? Absolutely.
However, is it likely that intelligent life has made contact with Earth and subsequently (and flawlessly) been covered up by the government? No.

As of what we know now, there isn't any reason to believe that extraterrestrial life exists outside of Earth (past the conceptual phase, of course). Yes, there have been unexplained sightings and all that, but just like any other scientific anomaly throughout history, it can usually be explained through coincidence or undiscovered evidence.

People who claim to know something about UFOs and the like are usually clout chasers ( I noticed something relating to Tucker Carlson earlier in this thread, which fits into that archetype perfectly), or misinformed or unintelligent people. People who believe in UFOs (especially if they also believe in a government conspiracy in relation to it) are generally more susceptible to other conspiracy theories as well, which throws their entire credibility into question.

Yes, it's the boring answer, but it's also the most reasonable by my own experience.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They do. But...well...it depends how you look at it.

Technically, UFO is any unidentified flying object at the sky. So anything that flies up there in the sky and cannot be identified becomes UFO. Therefore, UFOs absolutely do exist without any doubt and saying otherwise would be trying to delude yourself.

*shrugs*
Basically this

alienvps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen Flying saucers in person. They are real. They wobble on their axis, are silent and emit light. They "visited" me on Black Friday a few years back. True story.

Reactions: BigOnYa

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I've seen Flying saucers in person. They are real. They wobble on their axis, are silent and emit light. They "visited" me on Black Friday a few years back. True story.
Where did you suddenly come from? Okay sure, but why would they visit you on Black Friday specificaly? Why would aliens care about such a day? It must be meaningless to them right?

alienvps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you suddenly come from? Okay sure, but why would they visit you on Black Friday specificaly? Why would aliens care about such a day? It must be meaningless to them right?

I was just trolling the forum and happened to come across this thread. I have no idea who are what they are but the flying saucers are most certainly a real phenomenon whether they are aliens or not.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one thing and literally the only thing aliens would come near us, would be our culture out music our movies... Entertainment! resources? no... nothing special here, given the amount of energy required to go FTL they probably have mastered the ability to create any form of matter needed or with FTL just go get it from someplace far easier to mine (asteroids, gas clouds) genetics? We are already on the cusp of literally making custom DNA ourselves so I doubt anything we would have to offer there.

Yup aliens are just here for free cable TV or tourism like our visits to various places to see the wild life!

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have seen some stuff in the sky I can't explain. Me and a couple buddies were out at a lake, night cat-fishing, and we all seen lights in the sky that were moving around very weirdly. Definately not a plane or helicopter, and this was 20 years ago, before drones existed. I can't say it was UFO's but it was strange. (Alum Creek, Ohio)

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I saw something weird too in the sky.at night. It wasn't moving, it was a big white and round light and it was following me everywhere.
It stayed up in the same spot all night.
Spooky, I might've been had gotten kidnapped that night but nu-huh they went for the cows instead, they went for yo momma.

• Wow

alienvps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw something weird too in the sky.at night. It wasn't moving, it was a big white and round light and it was following me everywhere.
Spooky, I might've been had gotten kidnapped that night but nu-huh they went for the cows instead, they went for yo momma.
This sounds like a bright star.

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This sounds like a bright star.
Nice, I would've never thought about a star.
tenor.gif

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
How big was it? Was it like a sun or like a distant star?

As for the other posts, sometimes things can really be natural phenomena or weather balloons or lamps...or hell even fireflies playing tricks on you and similar creatures.

Look, I'll admit it now, I've seen things too, sometimes unexplained, but unless its clearly a spacecraft or something really big I don't think it should be of much concern.

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How big was it? Was it like a sun or like a distant star?

As for the other posts, sometimes things can really be natural phenomena or weather balloons or lamps...or hell even fireflies playing tricks on you and similar creatures.

Look, I'll admit it now, I've seen things too, sometimes unexplained, but unless its clearly a spacecraft or something really big I don't think it should be of much concern.
It was as big as the moon, as a matter of fact, it was roughly the same size since it completely hid the moon behind it.
Mind-blowing.

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It was as big as the moon, as a matter of fact, it was roughly the same size since it completely hid the moon behind it.
Mind-blowing.
Did you see it literally move in place to obscure the moon behind it? Was there anything else strange that you might have noticed like clouds seemingly moving faster or anything like that?

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
this thing should be really really fast, since it came from there to here in the same night, because I believe saw it too.
If you're being serious and not just talking about the moon itself...then well I had a similar experience but with something seemingly imitating sun. It was ten years ago. Each ten years stuff like that seems to come back (and each ten years I seem to lose my memory also for one reason or the other, always the years ending with 4, that's also Luke's birth year btw if that wasn't clear by his username). My mom once told me she saw it in 1994. I saw it 2014. Of course I can't deny the possibility of something altering our minds at that moment, but ugh....
well I did see what I saw. It didn't abduct me but it seemed to scan my mind or something?
When I returned back to czech republic...I found this old x-files comic hidden in my stash of comics that were shipped to me from my old place. I didn't even remmeber that I had it...but it had this same thing in it basically...the second photo is an exposition of Scully explaining reports of people who saw a "disc" that seemed to be like a sun and people thought it was a miracle, like it happened multiple times long ago and things like that.

I was spooked to see this because...I had no idea I actually had this comic book...and either that fact was erased from my mind or someone did put it there to remind me of the event...so
its really really weird.

S6301290.jpg

S6301291.jpg

Mind you, the camera was partially broken when I tried to take those photos years ago...the display didn't work so I was taking photos blind basically..hence the blurryness.
I don't have this book anymore...it got lost in 2021 during unfortunate events when I became homeless, along with most of my posessions...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!