Twitch Prime announced

ss+(2016-10-01+at+05.01.22).jpg

Fans of watching Twitch.tv streams, and those who like to make purchases online will be happy to hear that Amazon is offering "Twitch Prime" to its Prime subscribers, according to a recent company meeting. Those who use Twitch Prime will get a free channel subscription every month, which allows users to support their favorite channel, as well as getting free exclusive emotes, removal of all ads, 20% discounts on all physical game pre orders (This has been a feature for American Amazon users for some time, but it now extends to those outside the USA), and "free game loot". If you're a current Prime subscriber and want to take advantage of the benefits, you can go to the link below and merge the two accounts.

Here it is: Twitch Prime is a new premium experience on Twitch that is included with Amazon Prime. As a Twitch Prime member, you get free game loot every month, like instant access to the newest Hearthstone hero, Tyrande Whisperwind, or the new indie game, Streamline. You also receive discounts on new-release box games sold by Amazon during the pre-order period and for the first two weeks after launch. And on Twitch, once you link your Amazon Prime account to your Twitch account, you get an ad-free viewing experience, exclusive emotes and chat badge, and one free channel subscription every 30 days. When Twitch Prime members use their free channel subscription every month, the streamer gets paid just like any other subscription, so this introduces a new way to help support the streamers you love, even if you’ve never subscribed before. Or, you can just use it for crashing subscriber-only chat rooms. Your choice, boss!

Twitch Prime is included with Amazon Prime. Amazon Prime starts with free 30-day trial, then:

US: $10.99/month or $99/year
Canada: CDN$ 79.00/year
UK: £7.99/month.
Germany: EUR 49,00/year
France: EUR 49,00/year
Italy: EUR 19,99/year
Spain: EUR 19,95/year

:arrow: Official Site

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Amazon Prime is a success because it covers a huge variety of customers, Twitch Prime won't. Target audience of Twitch are people who watch others playing games and the likes so that comes down to kids and subscribers of those folks that love seeing them doing what they do.

"Let's Plays" are not my thing so I'd never pay for it nor be really interested.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Amazon Prime is a success because it covers a huge variety of customers, Twitch Prime won't. Target audience of Twitch are people who watch others playing games and the likes so that comes down to kids and subscribers of those folks that love seeing them doing what they do.

"Let's Plays" are not my thing so I'd never pay for it nor be really interested.
I can't see it really "failing", though. All it is, is just more icing on the Prime cake that Amazon offers. Just a few little tidbit freebies that'll maybe push some people looking to get a Prime sub. The free monthly channel subs are nice, too, they make me feel less bad for my constant adblock on video streaming sites.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I can't see it really "failing", though. All it is, is just more icing on the Prime cake that Amazon offers. Just a few little tidbit freebies that'll maybe push some people looking to get a Prime sub. The free monthly channel subs are nice, too, they make me feel less bad for my constant adblock on video streaming sites.
Amazon Prime is great for basically two audiences:
A) Customers who constantly buy directly from Amazon to save on shipping.
B) Any who prefer Amazon Video over Netflix.

And now:
C) For kids and subscribers on Twitch.

I really hope Amazon doesn't plan on increasing the free delivery price for non-Prime members anytime soon.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
20% discounts on all physical game pre orders finally comes to europe.
I might finally consider subscribing.

Amazon Prime is great for basically two audiences:
A) Customers who constantly buy directly from Amazon to save on shipping.
B) Any who prefer Amazon Video over Netflix.

And now:
C) For kids and subscribers on Twitch.

I really hope Amazon doesn't plan on increasing the free delivery price for non-Prime members anytime soon.

D) People who pre-order physical games on Amazon.

Last edited by CathyRina,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already a Prime member, but I don't really do Twitch, so this doesn't really affect me. This bit of news, all it did was remind me that Amazon owns Twitch, I completely forgot about that. For me the best Prime benefit is the movie selection. It's better than Netflix because I can find more obscure movies here than on that platforms actually small pool of selections.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm already a Prime member, but I don't really do Twitch, so this doesn't really affect me. This bit of news, all it did was remind me that Amazon owns Twitch, I completely forgot about that. For me the best Prime benefit is the movie selection. It's better than Netflix because I can find more obscure movies here than on that platforms actually small pool of selections.
this is even worse in regions like germany.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a Prime subscriber and a gamer, this can only be a good thing. Admittedly I use Twitch rather infrequently, but I'm not one to turn down free benefits.

For those who haven't noticed, there are also some in-game freebies included with Twitch Prime. A hero and card back in Hearthstone, a skin in Smite, skin in Paladins, and a new game called Streamline. (Which is intended to appeal to streamers and people who are into watching streams.) All these promos are valid 2-4 weeks, and presumably there will be other freebies in the future.

Last edited by TehCupcakes,
D

Deleted User

Eh, I don't watch video game streams that mnuch and when I do it's a small channel or it's the recorded stream. I don't use twitch unless i'm streaming. Seems like a think that a concentrated number of people will get into.

RLXD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
20% discounts on all physical game pre orders finally comes to europe.
I might finally consider subscribing.

D) People who pre-order physical games on Amazon.

It is not what you are hoping for. The pre-order campaign is out here in germany since yesterday. We get a 'huge' discount of 2€ per pre-order...

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally I'd say something like this is not the best idea, but my mom has an Amazon Prime account, so I could totally get all this stuff. I can't complain about something that's free to me. I don't use Twitch much, though that could probably change after this, so who knows?

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was already a prime member and I watch Twitch a lot daily. I was pretty stoked about this because I get no more ads, ya its easy to block them on pc but not other devices. Also the free sub per month is really neat too because I can finally throw out some support to my fav streamers that have entertained me for countless hours. I don't care about the loot lol

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is not what you are hoping for. The pre-order campaign is out here in germany since yesterday. We get a 'huge' discount of 2€ per pre-order...
49.99€ a year = 4,15€ per month
even if you only use the twitch subscribe and preorder feature every month you're still getting more value back than what you put into it.

Reactions: Chary

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Companies such as Cloud Imperium Games (Star Citizen) and Square-Enix use Twich as their live platform for shows like PAX, E3, etc. Twitch is the best platform for live shows overall.

Speaking of, I wonder if this Twitch Prime can be utilized to view the Final Fantasy XIV FanFest stream which would normally charge viewers $20 but free for Twitch subbers.

Last edited by Pluupy,
Reactions: Deleted User

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's about damn time Amazon does something with Twitch. lol

This is exciting. One free sub a month as well? Yes.

The prime membership was already worth getting for its other benefits. This is just icing on the cake.

What I really want to know is if this free sub thing benefits the streamer and not amazon. If not? It's kind of pointless, and just a free way of getting emotes and sub benefits. Hm.

Last edited by Kioku,

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
What I really want to know is if this free sub thing benefits the streamer and not amazon. If not? It's kind of pointless, and just a free way of getting emotes and sub benefits. Hm.
Amazon confirmed that it does indeed act as a real paid sub, so it does support the streamer! hooray!

I don't understand what "Game loot" is?
T-to be honest...I don't really either. Sounds like some pieces of ingame digital content is given for free monthly?

What's twitch never used before. I have heard about it.
Oh wow. It's what YouTube Gaming based itself off of. It's a site where people play games live, and usually commentate over it. Most of them are cringey, but there's quite a few good ones. It's also a great place to watch Overwatch/Rocket League/other competitive games.

Wha? Why is that?

Odnetnin46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Free games and DLC, a free sub, no ads, and Turbo emotes thrown on top of my Prime membership for no extra cost. There's literally nothing I can complain about here, and I'm now saving $5/month due to my one and only Twitch subscription being free now. Klappa

I knew Twitch was doomed as soon as Amazon bought it.

R.I.P Twitch.

Now ain't that a spicy meme.

Last edited by Odnetnin46,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...