Meta announces its VR games subscription service, Meta Quest+

meta quest plus.jpg

VR gaming is getting its own subscription service; that is if you have a Meta Quest headset. Meta has announced its Meta Quest+ VR subscription service today which costs $7.99 USD per month or $59.99 USD annually (if you sign up now through July 31, the first month is $1 USD). This will provide subscribers with two VR titles every month.

July's titles are Pistol Whip and Pixel Ripped 1995, while in August, Walkabout Mini Golf and MOTHERGUNSHIP: FORGE are on offer. The titles obtained through Meta Quest+ can be kept as long as you have a subscription.

Meta Quest+ is available for all owners of Quest 2 and Quest Pro headsets, as well as the upcoming Quest 3 device. For more details about the service, head to the official source link below.

:arrow: SOURCE

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the value of this service compared to Game Pass SUCKS, what are you smoking Facebook?

I cannot name a single VR game that costs $70. Lemme just rattle off some of the most popular/well-received VR games off the top of my head:
  • Half-Life: Alyx(!!!) - $60
  • Hot Dogs, Horseshoes, and Hand Grenades - $20
  • Beat Saber - $30
  • VRChat - Literally Free
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - $15
  • I Expect You To Die - $25
  • SUPERHOT VR - $25
All of these are absolute bangers, and as far as I'm aware all of them offer effectively infinite playtime.
I wasn't speaking about just VR games, AAA studios spit out $70 titles that are rehashed crap that still sell okay sports games for example.

Technoturnovers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't speaking about just VR games, AAA studios spit out $70 titles that are rehashed crap that still sell okay sports games for example.
Ah, alright. Yeah, I've NEVER purchased a $70 game, and I intend to keep it that way- hell, even TOTK is going for just $60 on amazon right now, and it's only been a little over a month since release.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I don't think that's accurate unless you remove the telemetry and all account stuff.
I don't have first hand experience in doing so, but looking at a good private tracker for games, they have 150+ torrents for Quest VR, seems like a lot to me.

Technoturnovers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair, although I will point out that Madden in specific is an exception to the rule when it comes to how games sell- the Madden franchise is effectively a commodity due to EA's exclusive license to NFL players and teams, so if you want a football game Madden is basically the only option you've got. It's also not actually a $70 game, which is good, because selling a commodity, effective genre monopoly game like Madden for a SINGLE CENT higher than $60 would be absolutely INSANE and even more of an abuse of power than such a monopoly already even is.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair, although I will point out that Madden in specific is an exception to the rule when it comes to how games sell- the Madden franchise is effectively a commodity due to EA's exclusive license to NFL players and teams, so if you want a football game Madden is basically the only option you've got. It's also not actually a $70 game, which is good, because selling a commodity, effective genre monopoly game like Madden for a SINGLE CENT higher than $60 would be absolutely INSANE and even more of an abuse of power than such a monopoly already even is.
The average is $70 now due to "inflation and texture packs."

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have first hand experience in doing so, but looking at a good private tracker for games, they have 150+ torrents for Quest VR, seems like a lot to me.
I think it's pretty easy to pirate what's been dumped, but it's not quite as easy as something like Android to just sideload apps.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I finally bought a VR headset... and yeah... it's not a good experience. It's clunky and complex. No normal person would want to use it at the current state of the technology.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Anything associated with meta I basically immediately write off, I wish they would leave VR alone and go back to making social media for the geriatrics
It's like they're legit ashamed of what made them big in the first place. I mean, I guess they should be, but still.

auntnadia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The end of the consoles lifespan seems like an odd time to decide to drip feed to your customers the games they already own.

Where‘s San Andreas you robbing gits?

Reactions: Axido

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This subscription is the price of xbox live gold and it doesn't give you damn near anything

i know piracy is bad, mm'kay but there's some sort of psyop that VR developers are pulling as if developing a VR game is just so much harder than developing a regular game. Maybe it was when VR was new but now there's APIs for every engine that make setting up the technology a drag-and-drop affair. Even in current year+7 they'll still charge you 30 dollars for a tech demo and never put it on sale. I'd pay full price for a starving indie dev's game but don't get it twisted I'm not gonna get shaken for 2 shovelware VR games a month.

Reactions: Guacaholey

hertzian56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two muffins guaranteed per month, could be donkey-meat and spoiled fish quality but you are guaranteed 2 fresh helpings every month, lmao. When companies change their names at that level it's just that they've had to and know how terrible a reputation they have so change the name, goycattle won't remember in a couple years lol

Facebook really just wants their digital goods-verse to become the full potential scam it is. Even celebwhores shill this garbage like virtual jewelry and property, then pump and dump, different form of crypto-coin and many other similar scams, whole stock market really is just that by those who control it, pump and dump and robbery legalized. Fees collectors and such always get paid no matter what though. The subscription model is just a form of rent seeking, interest slavery.

Reactions: cearp

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people voted with their wallets these stupid streaming/subscription services wouldn't keep popping up. Sigh.

krakenx

Trophies
XP
Country
This is just bad... If it let you choose the games, it would be ok. If it let you keep the games it would be ok. If there was a selection of games you had access to while paying (Netflix style) it would be ok. It has exactly none of those things.

Pixel Ripped 1995 deserves better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4