Henry Cavill to star and produce in a live-action Warhammer 40'000 project, after being dropped from The Witcher and Superman roles

British actor Henry Cavill will begin work as the main lead and executive producer in a Warhammer 40'000 project. The actor unveiled the announcement through a Facebook post on his account, alongside a teaser video for the Warhammer project and a message from the actor regarding the upcoming work what seems to be a "cinematic universe" setup for the series on Amazon:

Henry Cavill said:
For 30 years I have dreamt of seeing a Warhammer universe in live action. Now, after 22 years of experience in this industry, I finally feel that I have the skill set and experience to guide a Warhammer Cinematic Universe into life. Partnering with Natalie Viscuso at Vertigo has been a blessing beyond words, without her we might not have found the perfect home at Amazon. And having a home like Amazon will give us the freedom to be true to the massive scope of Warhammer. To all of you Warhammer fans out there, I promise to respect this IP that we love. I promise to bring you something familiar. And I endeavour to bring you something fantastic that is, as of yet, unseen.

Our first steps are to find our Filmmaker/Creator/Writer. Watch this space, my friends.
For The Emperor!

#Warhammer
Warhammer
Amazon Studios
Amazon Prime Video
#Vertigo

For those unaware, Warhammer is a series of miniature figures strategy game quite popular in the United Kingdom, starting back in 1987 and still going strong to this day, having seen a variety of presence in different media, like music, novels, a movie in 2010, board and even video games, and with the recent news, it will delve into a series format.

This announcement broke out after the announcement by Cavill himself that sadly he will not be returning as Superman in the DC Cinematic Universe, despite his recent post-credits appearance in last month's Dwayne Johnson-led "Black Adam" set in the same universe. The change came after a meeting with the new DC heads of James Gunn and Peter Safran, which were recently hired as the new heads of DC to work on future projects regarding their IPs.

This isn't the first disappointing news for fans who follow Cavill's work, as just last month it was also announcement that Cavill would not be returning to The Witcher series' 3rd season, and will instead be replaced by Liam Hemsworth in his place.

:arrow: Source

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S/o to Mr. Cavil for making a quick rebound over the conundrum going on at NF and Warner Bros. From a representative standpoint, I thought he played the best version of SM. However, w/ NF going woke and dismissing the source material to The Witcher, that was probably the dumbest thing they could do to turn off a whole grass roots audience, and respect to Cavil for sticking to his guns, standing his ground, calling them out and jumping ship when they wouldn't comply.

Last edited by urbanman2004,
Reactions: Henx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol