Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
0.1alpha3 Changlog
Code:
Front SD slot is now supported; SDGecko slot support has been removed.
FAT16 is now supported; you should save your ELF executable on your SD card as "boot.elf".
RZDJ is now supported
Added support for Geckoloader stub: If you have a USBGecko installed and have already run the Geckoloader program to install into flash, then the Twilight Hack will try to load that stub if it does not detect an SD card.

0.1alpha3a Changlog
Code:
Correctly loads geckoloader code from USBGecko flash

old version
new Download link - Twilight Hack 0.1alpha3a - w/usbgecko fix

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Excelent news!

And I've just got a Twilight Princess copy!
hrth.gif

Logan_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
offtopic84 said:
Ok, I have an original launch-version NTSC TP, a Wii, and an SD card. What can I do with this?
you can run Wii homebrew programs (save the Wii homebrew program as boot.elf on the root of the SD card) on a unmodded (or modded) Wii

from http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Twiligh...51#Installation
CODEYou will need:

ÂÂÂÂ* 1x Wii
ÂÂÂÂ* 1x SD card, formatted as FAT16
ÂÂÂÂ* 1x copy of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess that has been run at least once
ÂÂÂÂ* 1x Computer
ÂÂÂÂ* 1x Some way to read SD cards on a computer
ÂÂÂÂ* (Optional) 1x or more GameCube controller
ÂÂÂÂ* (Optional) 1x USBGecko

Inside the zip archive, you will find several savegame files; you will need to choose the correct one based on your version of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The easiest way to check your version is to compare the text string which is on the inner cycle of the data surface with the ones below.

ÂÂÂÂ* RVL-RZDP-0A-0 JPN - rzdp0.bin
ÂÂÂÂ* RVL-RZDE-0A-0 JPN - rzde0.bin
ÂÂÂÂ* RVL-RZDE-0A-0 USA - rzde0.bin
ÂÂÂÂ* RVL-RZDE-0A-2 USA - rzde2.bin
ÂÂÂÂ* RVL-RZDJ-0A-0 JPN - rzdj0.bin

ÂÂÂÂ* If it does not already exist, make a directory called "/private/wii/title/RZDx/" on your SD card; replace "RZDx" with RZDE, RZDP or RZDJ as appropriate. Copy the above file into that directory, renaming it as "data.bin".

ÂÂÂÂ* Next, take your homebrew Wii executable, and save it in the root directory of your SD card as "boot.elf".

ÂÂÂÂ* Now, put the SD card into your Wii and turn it on. Go into Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> Wii. Find your Zelda save, click on it, and click "Erase", and click Yes. Now, go into SD card, and select the "Twilight Hack" save (the icon says "Wiibrew Loader"). Click copy, and yes. Now, go back out of that menu.

ÂÂÂÂ* Insert Zelda, and run the game. Load file A, and walk backwards.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else tried this on the 'RVL-RZDE-0A-2 USA' version of Twilight Princess? Whenever I try to talk to the guy, the game just crashes with a buzzing sound.

EDIT: I realize what I did. I copied the wrong file over to my SD card.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
Whooo! How well does the SNES emu work? I have games I haven't gotten around to playing yet.

There currently isn't an SNES emulator that has been edited to work on the Wii, only Genesis. I believe the Genesis one works pretty well.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is BIG.

Until now you had to have a stupid gecko thing which nobody wanted to buy (legacy GC stuff that will never get used again), now ANYONE with ZTP and an SD card can run homebrew.

Now I hope bushing releases the wiimote driver.. he demonstrated it, it's been coded, why's he not making it public? I know it's his work, just wondering why you wouldn't want to share that with some budding homebrew coders...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
offtopic84 said:
Is there a wii bootloader for gamecube homebrew?

No but there is a DOL to ELF converter that works fairly well:
http://www.wiigen.fr/index.php?option=com_...8&Itemid=46 (in French but there is a nice picture saying download or just search for télécharger)
I would start off with stuff in appended mode though as you are likely to run into the same issues as g4jek8j54.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu