Hardware TV Cord Help?

heliopause

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No its not, the other end is a HDMI (The square one) and it doesn't plug into the gamepad. Besides I already got the gamepad charger in and charging.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dude, it IS the charger for the gamepad. The gamepad doesn't connect directly to the tv... unless you're charging it via a USB cable.
See the symbol embossed on the cable in your first pic? That's the symbol for USB, not HDMI.

Reactions: Columbo2811

CrakrHakr666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not the charger for the gamepad. It is just a standard Mini-USB type B cord. The only thing that cord is used for on a WiiU is to charge the Pro Controller. It is not HDMI, it does not fit the gamepad.

heliopause

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can assure you that it does not fit into to any holes in that gamepad, unless I jam it in violently its not going to fit. I know the gamepad does not connect to the TV, it connects via the HDMI out on the back of the console. I am wondering if any old hdmi cable is going to work or I have to get the real one from my brother

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
I can assure you that it does not fit into to any holes in that gamepad, unless I jam it in violently its not going to fit. I know the gamepad does not connect to the TV, it connects via the HDMI out on the back of the console. I am wondering if any old hdmi cable is going to work or I have to get the real one from my brother
The controller is wireless it does not connect to the console.

Reactions: peteruk

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother let me borrow his Wii U for Breath of the Wild (Which thankfully runs without a tv) but the HDMI cord he gave me doesn't seem right.
http://imgur.com/N8JopQQ
http://imgur.com/Fy4Xars

Is it possible that I could use a non nintedo cord if thid cord isn't correct or do I need the real cord?
I laughed more than i should, thats a charger for the pro controller, called USB MINI, [the ones before micro, aka phone chargers], the Gamepad does not have a HDMI OUTPUT, and the standard should be HDMI to HDMI, that its located on the back of the wii u.

heliopause

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for actually being clear. I know the gamepad was not going to be connected to the TV, I'm not a complete fool. I was mostly wondering if I could use any HDMI cord.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool