How to export/import Gateway Card1 .sav to eShop/3ds/3dz with SaveDataFiler

I found a workaround how to export/import Card1 Savegames (no retail support)

First you know we had the problem of " CTR - BROKEN ", but there is a little trick to it.

!MT-Card USER can do this without Workaround because the save gets loaded on ROM mounting!

To fetch your Cartridge Savegames, you can use this method: NTR Savegame Manager Plugin

We need:

- Red Gateway Card
- The Exploit
- Launcher.dat (tested with 3.0.3 Ultra)
- SaveDataFiler
- The .3ds/.3dz/.cia Game you want to export/import
- A working Savegame (Dumped Savegames from Retail might not work)
- A PC/MAC (any Device capeable to rename Files)

!MAKE ALWAYS BACKUPS FROM YOUR SAVEGAMES!

A. EXPORT .3ds/.3dz to eShop:

Savegame example: Super Mario 3D Land (0004000000053F00) > http://3ds.essh.co/

1. Connect the SD Card to your PC
2. Copy your Savegame and save it as 000400000FF40A00.sav
3. Put SD Card back into your 3DS
4. Turn it on and execute Exploit
5. Mount your .3ds/.3dz Game
6. Start SaveDataFiler (CTR Card is no longer broken!) and highlight CTR Card
7. Press Y and then A to export the Savegame

SaveDataFiler stores in SDCARD:\filer\UserSaveData\20150131010203\0000053f
YEAR-MONTH-DAY-HOUR-MINUTE-SECONDS \ TitleID low

8. Switch to SD and highlight your TitleID
9. Press R+A and then A to import your Savegame
10. Press Home, select the cia game and press two times A to start

B. EXPORT eShop to .3ds/.3dz:

Savegame example: Super Mario 3D Land (0004000000053F00) > http://3ds.essh.co/

1. Start your 3DS and execute Exploit
2. Mount your Game
3. Start SaveDataFiler and highlight your TitleID low
4. Press Y and then A to export the Savegame
5. Switch over to SD and highlight TitleID low
6. Press L + A and then A to create 000400000FF40A00.sav (CTR Card is no longer broken!)
7. Turn your 3DS off and connect the SD CARD with your PC
8. Copy 000400000FF40A00.sav to your TitleID (0004000000053F00.sav)
9. Put your SD Card back into your 3DS
10. Turn your 3DS on and execute Exploit
11. Mount your Game and start it

Export Retail Card with CFW and SDF:

Note: As for CFW works only with FW4.5, 6.x encryption will fail.

1. You need CFW and installed SafeDataFiler on a spare SD Card
2. Start your CFW and insert your Cartridge
3. Start SafeDataFiler and highlight CTR Card
4. Press Y and then A to export the Savegame
5. Turn off your 3DS and move the 'filer' folder to your PC
6. Switch over to your Gateway (emuNAND) SD Card and add the 'filer' folder from PC
7. Insert your Gateway (emuNAND) SD Card into your 3DS
8. Start your 3DS, execute Exploit and start SaveDataFiler
9. Now you can follow A8 for eShop or B5 for .3ds/.3dz

(Be patient with CFW, sometimes it takes 10 tries to get it working)

Thx queno138 : original Post

Info:

"Nintendo 3DS\ID1\ID2\" = eShop , "000400000000XXXXXXX.sav" = Card 1

If your ID1\ID2 does not match after downgrade or formating 3DS,
your Save is LOST if there is no NAND Backup using that ID1\ID2!!!

If you have the NAND Backup matching ID1\ID2,
you can import it as emuNAND with emuNANDTool!

It is impossible to use NAND Backups or encrypted eShop saves
from another 3DS! You need to decrypt the saves first before you
can transfer them!

EXPORT / IMPORT from Original Cartridge is now possible
with Cubic Ninja + PASTA CFW + SaveData Filer!!!

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
well bros i do just that ! and.. i cant get the extracted save that i made through the gw menu to load up even naming it after the Rf4 title id.

so like localhorst< said maybe its gw menu save exctraction that fails me. :l

and on one note, when i load up the .3ds rf4 in multi menu after i start it to check if the extracted save i made with gw menu works or not,

after loading up the game i see a message "thank you for your purchase , data formatting"

seems like the game formats the save? :c dont know what to do , i have the same issue with my retail copy of Project X Zone, upon loading up its .3ds rom to test my extracted save, it also gives me a similar message and like makes a new save file or somehting.. :(

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well bros i do just that ! and.. i cant get the extracted save that i made through the gw menu to load up even naming it after the Rf4 title id.

so like localhorst< said maybe its gw menu save exctraction that fails me. :l

and on one note, when i load up the .3ds rf4 in multi menu after i start it to check if the extracted save i made with gw menu works or not,

after loading up the game i see a message "thank you for your purchase , data formatting"

seems like the game formats the save? :c dont know what to do , i have the same issue with my retail copy of Project X Zone, upon loading up its .3ds rom to test my extracted save, it also gives me a similar message and like makes a new save file or somehting.. :(
If that's the case, that means the save file that's created isn't 512kb. Only a small fraction of games work with this method. You can find more information here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/

Apparently, this problem can be solved, but only with a New 3DS (which you luckily have). It requires installing CFW and using a save plugin. You can find the CFW here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...gion-free-cfw-on-jp-eu-us-aus-new-3ds.385142/

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Margen67

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
If that's the case, that means the save file that's created isn't 512kb. Only a small fraction of games work with this method. You can find more information here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/

Apparently, this problem can be solved, but only with a New 3DS (which you luckily have). It requires installing CFW and using a save plugin. You can find the CFW here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...gion-free-cfw-on-jp-eu-us-aus-new-3ds.385142/

yes mate, the extracted save i get with using GW menu is only 512 kb for rf4 but for project x zone i get 128kb.

hm i use my og3ds for the proccess as on my nxl i have to keep swapping oot with gw card which is a real hassle , thanks for the links i will look them up.

cant believe how long the proccess is dayum this is making me sick. but i will keep trying i guess.. -_-

thanks homie.

unfort. i do not have retail copy or eshop copy of the game CN :l guess i can forget about getting my saves to work with the cia's of them that i got hm. thanks anyway.

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It seems I have no luck (or done something bad) :
1- Used GATEWAY to extract BOTH rom and save from my retail EU MH4U card.
2- Save is 512kb so it seems to be ok.
3- Merged both 3d0 and 3d1 files from backup into 3dz file.
4- Renaming my backuped save to "0004000000126100.sav" AND copy to "000400000FF40A00.sav"
5- Booted in Gateway mode, selected my backup rom from multi-rom menu and loaded SDF
6- CTR-Broken, end of story...

I also tried to boot my backup save with my backup rom and it do not work either BUT if I delete all saves the CTR card and then import my backup to it using gateway menu it work so the save backup is fine I assume...

-- Edit--
I forgot to mention some points :
- New 3DS XL SysNAND 9.0, EmuNAND 9.5
- SDF installed in EmuNAND (of course)
- I've played mh4U from Classic mode since I bought it

-- Edit 2 --
I gave up and used NTR to backup my retail save then injected it to my backup rom .sav file with SDF, it's working as expected.

In case some are interested, here is how I done it :
1- Backup Retail Game save using NTR CFW, Gateway backup DON'T WORK !!!
2- Create a new save in Gateway Mode with the ROM version.
3- Copy .sav file on 3DS SD and rename it to 000400000FF40A00.sav to avoid SDF bug.
4- In Gateway Mode, enable game ROM with multi-menu then launch SaveDataFiler.
5- Export CTR save then connect 3DS SD to PC and overwrite SDF backup files with NTR backup files.
6- Now DELETE both ROM .sav file and 000400000FF40A00.sav.
7- Back in Gateway Mode, use SDF to import ROM game save to CTR.
8- Now copy newly created 000400000FF40A00.sav and rename copy to ROM save file.
9- Done :yaynds:

If someone can still tell me why it didn't worked without NTR it would be neat :)

Reactions: Margen67

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
hmm i tried this with bravely second but sdf still tells me 'broken' :(

so because sdf cannot extract the save from gw, what i will have to do is this:

1. in the game, update my latest save, let it upload online, it will be linked to my square enix account.
2. on my n3ds, create emunand, 9.4. bravely second requires 9.4 so it will not work on my n3ds sysnand.
3. in the 9.4 emunand, use bravely second on my sky3ds. on the main menu, restore my save from my square enix account.
4. in the n3ds sysnand, boot up ntr cfw with the save plugin and -- ah, i just realized you need to boot the game with ntr, in order to dump the save. (but this game needs 9.4 so i cannot use ntr with it)

is it possible to dump my save so i can edit it?

hellfire789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way for me to export and import all my extra data from MH4U? I really wanna retain all my guild cards and guild quests. Any help at all would be appreciated.

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is there a way for me to export and import all my extra data from MH4U? I really wanna retain all my guild cards and guild quests. Any help at all would be appreciated.
Yes you can, in SDF go to Ext then export data from 00001261 (EU) or 00001262 (US).

1alien1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Every version of SaveDataFiler I try to install gives me "import failed", both from devmenu.cia or devmenu.3ds

I tried Title Manager from BigBlueMenu too, both .3ds and .cia but I always got the same error.

I dunno what the problem is, everything else is working fine, I tried the 3 SaveDataFiler versions inside the 3dsdevkit from BBB and a few other version found by googling around, but I always got the same error.

Am I missing something?

i have the exact same problem with my new3dsxl on lates gw emunand. im at a loss, please help me :(

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.cias Do not create .sav files. 000400000FF40A00 is not related to SDF, it's the Gateways default ID (and I am pretty sure that's explained in the tutorial) and it's apparently the one SDF accesses when accessing the CTR save.

Actually, that's incorrect. Most CIAs don't create .sav files, because most CIAs do not access game cart EEPROM save data. Anything that accesses EEPROM save data WILL create a .sav file though, regardless of what format it is in. Therefore, SDF ends up being one of those unusual exceptions that DOES create .sav files, regardless of what format it is launched in. In fact, because "CTR-Card" is the first entry, SDF immediately tries to access EEPROM when run. Therefore, it will just about always create a .sav file. The save file is named "000400000FF40A00.sav" because SDF's title ID is "000400000FF40A00". It's not just some strange coincidence caused by GW having a "default ID" that happens to matches SDF's title ID exactly (if the GW even has a default ID, it's probably all zeros). The person you corrected actually had it right in the first place.

What would be the way to transfer my MH4 save (legit CIA, sysNand) to MH4 (CIA in emuNand)?

Boot to SysNAND (fortunately GW has this ability now, so I don't have to explain how to hex edit the card) and run SDF as a ROM. Select the title on the left tab, Y then A. Boot into EmuNAND, run SDF, select your save from the right tab, hold R and hit A, then hit A again.

i have the exact same problem with my new3dsxl on lates gw emunand. im at a loss, please help me :(

You'll need a decrypted CIA. The CIAs in BBB's devkit are encrypted and only work on dev units. You can rename the .CSU to .3DS and run it as a ROM, but that severely limits it's functionality. I think there is a tutorial here somewhere on converting the CSU to CIA, and the converter on MaxC has a CSU to CIA option. Sorry, but we can't link the CIA. Site rules. Google is your friend.

Reactions: Localhorst86

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Boot to SysNAND (fortunately GW has this ability now, so I don't have to explain how to hex edit the card) and run SDF as a ROM. Select the title on the left tab, Y then A. Boot into EmuNAND, run SDF, select your save from the right tab, hold R and hit A, then hit A again.
That doesn't work for MK7. Any idea?

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
True, NTR 2.X is only available on N3DS but since the save plugin is available for NTR 1.0-2.2 it should also work on an original 3DS as the O3DS can run NTR 1.0 afaik.

the thing is, will NTR 1.0 work on a system with sysnand above 4.x? I am trying to dump retail cart saves created by a 9.x sysnand

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't work for MK7. Any idea?

Hmm, there's not much I've seen not work. I had the N3DS do the Smash Bros. thing where you had to delete the secure value (I'd highly recommend adding that to the tutorial). Oddly enough, my old one did not do this, so maybe the save protection can't function if your SysNAND is on 4.5. If all else fails, dumping saves from both copies of the game, then copying the decrypted files between the low title ID folders should work. Haven't tried MK7 yet, but I'm going to soon (need to convert my Sky3DS save).

EDIT: Any chance they are from different regions? If so, they will have different title IDs.

EDIT 2: Transferred my save and it worked. Looks like one problem is that different copies of the game use differently named files. My EUR ROM on my Sky was using "system7.dat" and "system8.dat" and my USA legit CIA was using "system1.dat" and "system2.dat". I noticed this since I had to dump both copies to do the conversion I needed. Dumping both saves, copying the low title ID content over, deleting the "system1.dat" and "system2.dat" files, and renaming "system7.dat" and system8.dat" to "system1.dat" and "system2.dat", then importing to my CIA worked just fine.

So, if you ever hit a snag, decrypt both saves and check the filenames. Make sure the ones you're wanting to copy match the names of the ones you're looking to replace. They usually will. But sometimes the developers do something that causes different names to be generated.

the thing is, will NTR 1.0 work on a system with sysnand above 4.x? I am trying to dump retail cart saves created by a 9.x sysnand

Unfortunately it will not. If the games don't use 6.x, you could downgrade and use PBT or Palantine with SDF. If they do, then the only way to dump them currently is NTR 2.x. I requested an "Enhanced Mode" that lets you use CIAs with real carts when I e-mailed GW about the need for a way to boot to SysNAND within the Launcher (as well as DS code launching from the SysNAND option, and version spoofing for eShop access in 9.5 EmuNAND on the N3DS while we wait for 9.7 support). Time will tell if they think they were good ideas and/or are able to implement them.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Unfortunately it will not. If the games don't use 6.x, you could downgrade and use PBT or Palantine with SDF. If they do, then the only way to dump them currently is NTR 2.x. I requested an "Enhanced Mode" that lets you use CIAs with real carts when I e-mailed GW about the need for a way to boot to SysNAND within the Launcher (as well as DS code launching from the SysNAND option, and version spoofing for eShop access in 9.5 EmuNAND on the N3DS while we wait for 9.7 support). Time will tell if they think they were good ideas and/or are able to implement them.

So I went ahead and dumped the saves with n3ds (took some time but at least I don't need to swop in CN every time) , pretty surprising that it could not be done yet with o3ds..but at least I got everything covered since I'm not going to migrate to n3ds right away as o3ds still seems more reliable for GW purposes

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this work with games of different regions? I have various cia gamesinstalled of various regions but not sure what is what exactly. For example, will my euro save from a .3ds game work on a usa version of the cia of that same game?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: placebooooo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.