Turning colour schemes on and off in individual websites

Pleng

Custom Title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
In order to save my eyes, I have a dark theme on my computer, and in Firefox I have unchecked the "allow pages to choose their own colours, instead of my selections above" preference. This is all well and good; every webpage looks like it's straight out of the 90s, but I can deal with that.

However there are some websites that simply don't work with this setting; hidden hyperlinks etc, plus many some websites use a dark theme anyway. So I'd like to be able to override this setting for individual websites. I figured that there's probably be a plugin that does this already, but can't seem to find one. Does anybody else have any ideas (other than use a different browser for said sites...)?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do similar things, except I do not necessarily visit the most new sites so greasemonkey, disabling styles (view -> page style) and the occasional spell on firebug usually do well for me.

This sounds like a good in for plugin development; in about:config it may well be one option that needs checking and I imagine that is probably easy enough to do in a plugin. I suppose that might also be an alternative -- keep and about:config window open/shortcut and check and uncheck the option, far less annoying than clicking through preferences if you are researching something. Sadly I do not have a generic plugin (though one may exist) you can config to make a button, likewise there does not appear to be an API for editing it beyond starting the program with a switch, using something like http://web.mit.edu/~firefox/www/maintainers/autoconfig.html (also startup based) or manually adding a line into the prefs.js file (possibly via batch file) so no bookmarks/javascript either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1