Hardware trying to buy this 3ds fire edition but.. cant determine if IPS or TN

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thank you. Yeah I was looking at a couple QW1154 but all were top TN, good to know some are dual IPS. God I hate Nintendo. Sell me the TN one for cheap and I'll put an IPS in it myself :)
I'd definitely sell it, but it's hardmodded. You'd have to tear off the connector, which is stuck with super glue.

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, sorry. Also, I've hardmodded all of my 3ds's...
Damn, haha. What's the hard mod connector you have hanging out with glue that you're saying? Why do you need the hard mod if you can just A9LH now anyway? Was this because it was not downgradable at the time?

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When the 2nd Photo the same 3ds is,
then is the Top TN and Bottom IPS...

Weired Combo :/

Edit: already 20 Guys said it :/ Sorry for doubling Comment

Last edited by Gnarmagon,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is so important for people to care about what screen the 3ds has? I mean, i just bought mine 3 years ago and it works, never cared about its screens...

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, haha. What's the hard mod connector you have hanging out with glue that you're saying? Why do you need the hard mod if you can just A9LH now anyway? Was this because it was not downgradable at the time?
Nothing's hanging out . I'm referring to the plug where you'd hook it up to the cable. And now that I think of it you would not have to tear it off, but you would have to desolder the cables to replace the display.

I hardmodded them for fun, but one was done by a another member here. 3ds hardmods are one of the easiest mods. Not counting the o3ds. That one's a bit annoying.

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is so important for people to care about what screen the 3ds has? I mean, i just bought mine 3 years ago and it works, never cared about its screens...
Some people are OCD and like quality. I already have dual IPS Majora's Mask, and I've bought a bunch of TNs so I can tell the difference.

Reactions: invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The difference in color is actually very noticeable when you've played both. I'm not talking about weird angles either.

On top of that ghosting is a bit more noticeable on TN.

Reactions: jmhannz

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The difference in color is actually very noticeable when you've played both. I'm not talking about weird angles either.

Never noticed something off about my screens, not that i really care about the quality of a 240p screen.

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This man understands how to life.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also it should be noted on all display models at stores they show dual IPS, which is a false advertisement and no one cares.

Reactions: Nio

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This man understands how to life.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also it should be noted on all display models at stores they show dual IPS, which is a false advertisement and no one cares.
It may be a bit misleading, but it's not false advertising, as they're never advertised as all having dual IPS, and you can actually get dual IPS units. If only the demo units were dual IPS then it would be different, but I'm not sure that even that would count as false advertising simply because it's not an advertised feature.

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may be a bit misleading, but it's not false advertising, as they're never advertised as all having dual IPS, and you can actually get dual IPS units. If only the demo units were dual IPS then it would be different, but I'm not sure that even that would count as false advertising simply because it's not an advertised feature.
well, they clearly know what they're doing. why show the display models all IPS? so you can look at it from across the store point at it and say omg, and you can see it and its not washed out. maybe not false advertising but I would be the a$$ who opens his 3ds, holds it upto the display model and say wtf gimme another until its like this one ^_^

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up picking up one, now I have my Majoras Mask/Hyrule Dual IPS for sale in the classifieds section here, thanks guys :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2