ROM Hack [Translation] Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can i namedrop a website that uploaded the game prepatched?
it'll save some people a headache, but i don't wanna break forum rules or disrespect the team in any way. Thanks for your work i didn't expect it so soon

SydMontague

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can i namedrop a website that uploaded the game prepatched?
it'll save some people a headache, but i don't wanna break forum rules or disrespect the team in any way. Thanks for your work i didn't expect it so soon

Based on this site's rules I'd say it's a very clear no. Also, pre-patched ROMs are a very bad idea to begin with.

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
why? you think they do something else than exactly what i'd do with the source files? what's the catch?
Maybe they way they do script for the patch,for example this: https://arstechnica.com/information...y-you-type-can-shatter-anonymity-even-on-tor/

Its a old article from arstechnica,but you have a good idea why dont give prepatched cias.

Even anonymity can be shattered your input write from internet.Thats why they dont give the source from Digimon Decode Patch.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Maybe they way they do script for the patch,for example this: https://arstechnica.com/information...y-you-type-can-shatter-anonymity-even-on-tor/

Its a old article from arstechnica,but you have a good idea why dont give prepatched cias.

Even anonymity can be shattered your input write from internet.Thats why they dont give the source from Digimon Decode Patch.
i'm sorry but i don't quite understand what has to do with this. Who'd get tracked? me? my 3DS? Because downloading a prepatched cia on my computer before booping it wouldn't get me such a virus/trojan/keylogger installed i presume

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i'm sorry but i don't quite understand what has to do with this. Who'd get tracked? me? my 3DS? Because downloading a prepatched cia on my computer before booping it wouldn't get me such a virus/trojan/keylogger installed i presume
The decode team made a patch,if they give the source of their work..maybe could be traced.Dont need keylogger only need to know they way they type or the programming skills.Nintendont and similar companies have nasty nature to put lawsuits to everyone harm their copyright content.For example i put this from torrenfreak:

https://torrentfreak.com/nintendo-c...nce-operation-against-homebrew-hacker-201223/

In 2020 GBATemp report one their members go jailed thanks to nintendo.It was the creator of freeshop.

Many times here on GBATEMP members say piracy its a problem of service and price.Nintendo delisted a huge dsi games from their eshop,theres no way to play those titles again.....well you play again those delisted games its to hack your 3ds.If nintendo its very smart they will have a ton of cash dont delist their games and everyone happy.

Note:They stated they dont give prepatched cia to avoid legal issues,if they dont provide them they can be safe for the ninty&bandai lawyers.

Last edited by JaNDeRPeiCH,

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The decode team made a patch,if they give the source of their work..maybe could be traced.Dont need keylogger only need to know they way they type or the programming skills.Nintendont and similar companies have nasty nature to put lawsuits to everyone harm their copyright content.For example i put this from torrenfreak:

https://torrentfreak.com/nintendo-c...nce-operation-against-homebrew-hacker-201223/

In 2020 GBATemp report one their members go jailed thanks to nintendo.It was the creator of freeshop.

Many times here on GBATEMP members say piracy its a problem of service and price.Nintendo delisted a huge dsi games from their eshop,theres no way to play those titles again.....well you play again those delisted games its to hack your 3ds.If nintendo its very smart they will have a ton of cash dont delist their games and everyone happy.
But who said anything about releasing the source code of their work? doesn't downloading the patch give more access to their work (for someone decided to look thru it, say, nintendo or bandai or whatever) than a prepatched cia? the prepatched cia is literally the same file we all would get when applying the patch, how does it trace back to decode team? I'd understand the team can't distribute that because ROMs and all that. But if someone else does, how is that any different than doing it myself besides saving me the trouble of finding the right rom and applying the patch?
I'm not arguing i'm just trying to understand here.

SydMontague

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Downloading a pre-patched ROM is a bad idea because
a) they're illegal
b) you have a 50% chance of not getting what you actually need
c) you probably don't download the actual patch, don't read the instructions and then bother people on the Internet with questions already answered by official documentation...

Seriously, if you really have to pirate the game then at least pirate a clean ROM and apply the patch yourself. >_>

Reactions: JaNDeRPeiCH

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Downloading a pre-patched ROM is a bad idea because
a) they're illegal
so is downloading any rom but we all do that at least to some extent, no need to lie to ourselves

b) you have a 50% chance of not getting what you actually need
i never got anything different than what was promised when donwloading prepatched games. I usually follow the translation teams as i do here to make sure i have the latest release and such, but besides having to ask for an update when there is one, no issues...

you probably don't download the actual patch, don't read the instructions and then bother people on the Internet with questions already answered by official documentation...
again, why download the actual patch when someone offers me a CIA ready for install...? i did download the patch and read the instructions tho. learned how to check the hash number thingy and realized my copy of the game wasn't compatible.

This discussion goes nowhere, thanks for the translation.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get other skills for my greymon? It can only use fire breath.

http://i.imgur.com/8my6dHV.jpg
Raise your BRN stat and fight wild digimon that have the move you want to learn. Your Digimon must be able to use the move you are attempting to learn. The higher your BRN stat and the more times you are hit with the move during that battle, the higher your odds are to learn it when the battle ends.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually I wanted to find the pirate clean rom rom yet still didn't find the match one.
and please do be rest assured that no matter how much you go on about it. no one can provide anything here or in PMS.

Also gotta get ahold this game myself. I do enjoy the digimon titles a lot.

gunfort

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Actually I wanted to find the pirate clean rom rom yet still didn't find the match one.
lol you won't find any. almost all ROM sites only have pre-patched ROM they got from either the team's FB post's comment section or the Reddit thread, the links there already deleted tho

Last edited by gunfort,

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[emoji851]awesome I've waited 6 years for this translation, I'm so glad I dumped this game and kept a copy
dc87a754ec5d764095d3d6c871dc2acd.jpg

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand this game. I was trying to get a seraphimon, but my Digimon died as a magnaangemon before I could raise it's stats to evolve. All that time I spend training was wasted. :(

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand this game. I was trying to get a seraphimon, but my Digimon died as a magnaangemon before I could raise it's stats to evolve. All that time I spend training was wasted. :(
when your digimon "die" you can store their data and restore it to a new baby Digimon that hatches from an egg assuming it's the same type of Digimon you stored in the first place like when my metal greymon died I chose the yellow Digi egg because I knew that one would hatch a digimon that digivolves to augumon and I restored my data onto that one when you do a data restore they typically gain XP and digivolve faster.. now I have a black wargreymon x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o