Torrent client?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have all the retarded options disabled in uTorrent via advanced settings. I'm running 3.3, can't be arsed to update to 3.4.1, but I've never had pop ups like this and all the ads are turned off.

I think the Plus notification might just be an ad in and out of itself, pretty sure you can disable it.

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using Windows, try Halite, Ktorrent, Baretorrent, Qbittorrent, transmission.
If you use linux, use Transmission or rtorrent+rutorrent.

And don't use BitVomit.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
RimWorld. I googled that shit so hard just to find out it wasn't what I hoped it was. Damn you.. :glare:

Transmission is one of the best but has problems with Windows version. Mainly with leech/seed speeds. Qbittorrent is best one so far as it works and is as simple as µTorrent.
µTorrent is like Daemon Tools: everybody uses it as everyone knows about it but it slowly becomes adware which watch what you are doing. Glad Microsoft realized putting mounting on system itself (like many Linux has been doing for years) so now I don't have to use Daemon or Alcohol 120%.

Reactions: adi10

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I have all the retarded options disabled in uTorrent via advanced settings. I'm running 3.3, can't be arsed to update to 3.4.1, but I've never had pop ups like this and all the ads are turned off.

I think the Plus notification might just be an ad in and out of itself, pretty sure you can disable it.
I think the whole "scanning files and if something looks suspicious..." bit has stayed around for a while, but instead of ending with "delete the file", it ends with "stop the seeding and pop up an ad for plus" nowadays.

(Check out when the thread was originally posted, this seems to come up extremely rarely which seems to be why I had trouble finding mention of it originally.)

RimWorld. I googled that shit so hard just to find out it wasn't what I hoped it was. Damn you.. :glare:
coc.png

Butreally though, it's an interesting sim, but not nearly deep or complete enough for me to consider buying it yet. I mean it just added music like a month ago.

Transmission is one of the best but has problems with Windows version. Mainly with leech/seed speeds. Qbittorrent is best one so far as it works and is as simple as µTorrent.
µTorrent is like Daemon Tools: everybody uses it as everyone knows about it but it slowly becomes adware which watch what you are doing. Glad Microsoft realized putting mounting on system itself (like many Linux has been doing for years) so now I don't have to use Daemon or Alcohol 120%.
I'm fine with uTorrent out of laziness now that it's not deleting my files without asking and not popping up random ads... well, at least until today.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think the whole "scanning files and if something looks suspicious..." bit has stayed around for a while, but instead of ending with "delete the file", it ends with "stop the seeding and pop up an ad for plus" nowadays.

(Check out when the thread was originally posted, this seems to come up extremely rarely which seems to be why I had trouble finding mention of it originally.)
Yeah, it does look like the whole Plus Upsell thing. I've never seen it because I disabled all this crap Day 1. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo