zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I try to launch it, it tells me I don't have 6.61

The first time I ran it, I'm pretty sure it told me it will download 6.61 but I booted out of the app instead of continuing. (I had JUST finished downloading a bunch of PSP and Vita games, and just wanted to jump into a game, not download/install more things. So I thought I would do it later.) Now I can't seem to get it to go back to that step. It just goes right to the 6.61 install but says the file is not found, and tells me to close the app.

For the record, yes, I deleted Adrenaline, and redownloaded it but that did not solve the issue. It somehow still remembers that it downloaded 6.61. (or at least thinks it did)

Please tell me there is a workaround for this besides buying a new Vita and starting over. =P
Frankly, this sounds like an issue that a LOT of users would have run into, so I'm sure there is a well known solution right?

EDIT: I will try to see if I can fix it myself. What I'd do is plug my Vita into the PC, and in windows file explorer see where Adrenaline is located. Then I could either:
a) delete all files/folders related to Adrenaline (risky)
b) see if I can find the folder where 6.61 goes, then download 6.61 manually (as if I were hacking a PSP) and drag and drop in the correct folder on the Vita.

If someone can please tell me the folder where 6.61 goes that would be a big help. Or let me know if there is an easier way. Thanks.

Last edited by zeello,

n00bdragon88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Try following Section III from this guide to the letter vita.hacks.guide/adrenaline.html#section-iii-installing-psp-xmb and see if anything changes.

Also, sometimes Adrenaline fails to download 6.61 firmware automatically because of the outdated iTLS web certificates.
Try updating them with iTLS installer .
Link to corresponding section on the same guide: vita.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup.html#section-ii-installing-itls

Hope that helps.

Reactions: zeello

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install adrenaline, then I think you need the 6.61 file named 661.pbp iirc (forgot the extension). drop that in the root of the adrenaline folder on ux0. the adrenaline folder is somewhere in the app folder on the root. it should detect it then. if it now downloads it, that's the way it used to work (probably still does).

Reactions: zeello

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone