Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Sakitoshi, Jun 4, 2016.

1. MassiveRican

MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

Aug 2, 2011
    Creeping in the Shadows
    Am I able to d/load the update and DLC for this game since I'll be USB Loading and not using Loadiine or will this break the game/patch?

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I tried patching the game, and when i used the patch checker, it said all errors even though i did patch it, i saw the program do everything and it closed after it was done.

3. namad

namad Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    can I download this patcher, run it on my loadiine ready files on my computer, then put them on my sd card and run the game just fine? it says in the OP not to patch on your sdcard, but does this mean to never run this version of the game off anything but usb harddrive or internal nand? or does it simply mean, move the game from the sdcard to your computer, patch, move it back, run it off the sdcard?

4. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Is saying to move the files to the PC storage before patching, not to patch from SD card as in

• Insert sd card
    • Use patcher
    It wants the files on internal storage of pc before patching, just move them to the folder where the patcher is and then use the patch, copy the files back to sd and play it.

5. namad

namad Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    thanks for clarifying, i just wanted to be sure. downloading now.

6. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York

7. namad

namad Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    can I safely delete "Tokyo Mirrage Sessions # FE [ASEP01]\content\Pack\original" ?
    The game is 21gb now because it seems to include the originals files and the patched version both? but after the patch has worked I can delete the originals right? (and by delete I mean leave a backup of them on my computer but not waste sdcard space on both the patched and unpatched files? or does the way the patch works mean I'll need both sets?

edit: dumb question, yes, of course I can.

Last edited by namad, Mar 1, 2017
  8. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Does updating the game with the v16 patch break the restoration in any way?

9. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    No, it does not. The files that the patcher targets are game files found on disc or from game downloads, so updates won't do anything to make it break.

D34DL1N3R likes this.
  10. DbGt

DbGt GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2004
    Mexico
    i installed the restored game in usb storage with wup installer, does installing the dlc break the restoration? I think i read somewhere that in xenoblade chronicles the dlc breaks the undub or something like that, thats why im wondering if the same happens with this restoration

11. RepeatingDigits

RepeatingDigits GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2015
    Chile
    In XCX the DLC is just the HDD files for faster loading. So it's completely worthless.
    To my knowledge, the patch for XCX is fine with the uncensor.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hey question. I'm using the green tick to verify the patching but I get nothing but errors. However, it did take a long time to patch and it gave me the "Everything is done!!" message.
    Should I just ignore it?

12. raphamotta

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    I'm trying to do the same thing with SSB DLC. This game in question has tons of DLC, but AFAIK they share the same title key. I have one legit DLC and so, the legit ticket (for Mewtwo).

I copied my ticket to PC and unistall the DLC. Then I installed the all the DLC with a fake ticket downloaded with WiiU USB helper. The game shows all fighter in CFW, it's on. Then using ftpiiu I deleted the fake ticket in the system and paste my legit, but after start the game it only shows mewtwo, even with all DLC content installed!

Do you have any tips about how can I have all fighters without have to use CFW or AOCPacher? I think it's possible because I have a legit tcket.

13. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    @raphamotta DLC is offered on eShop->ticket generated specific for users->no valid, user-independent ticket as discs have them->not usable without signature patches (or you buy it).

14. raphamotta

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    I just edited the ticket with HxD with the legit ticket coming before the fake one and worked! Thanks anyway your tutorial helped a lot

15. Id_of_the_Mighty

Id_of_the_Mighty Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2016
    United States
    Can I just put the game in my computer and apply the patch to the physical game itself?

16. Celeadyne

Celeadyne Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2017
    Canada
    I'd just like some clarification if it's possible to install the patched version to my external storage with something like WUP or will I need to run the game from loadiine every time I want to play??

EDIT: I've got a WUP version compiled now but I'm having trouble activating the DLC, if I re-install the DLC will it remove the patch?

Last edited by Celeadyne, Mar 24, 2017
  17. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    both the game and DLC needs to be on the same externaldrive. DLC wont activate being on the Wii U internal

18. King_Flowers

King_Flowers Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2017
    United States
    thnx

Last edited by King_Flowers, Mar 28, 2017
  19. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    Dude, envelopes is the proper spelling.

20. Sn0wCrack

Sn0wCrack GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2016
    While the root of envelope is envelop, it's not the same word, while an envelope is used as something to send a letter in, it's also used to describe something that surrounds something else, meaning it is a noun.
    Envelop however is a verb and is used to describe the action of something surrounding something else, which is the case in the translation.