Patched IOS80 frozen on 6% (scared of a brick)

Frenetar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think I might've messed up installing homebrew on the vWii because the patched ios80 is stuck on 6% and it's not moving. I've read that turning off your wii u during installation is a definitive brick so I'm unsure where to go from here. Please help, I can't keep the Wii U running indefinitely. The mistake in question is probably installing it for the original wii. I installed the rest of the files as well if that makes a difference. I'm aware of the decaffinator but scared to do anything that makes the situation worse. I did not make a NAND backup.

Last edited by Frenetar,

Deleted member 466238

Trophies
XP
If I remember correctly, I believe you can fix IOS80 from the Wii U side, using vWii decaffeinator, so you can turn your Wii U off (though your vWii will definitely brick until you fix it)

Frenetar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If I remember correctly, I believe you can fix IOS80 from the Wii U side, using vWii decaffeinator, so you can turn your Wii U off (though your vWii will definitely brick until you fix it)
Sorry I added that I'm aware of the decaffinator shortly before you responded
Post automatically merged:

So I rebooted the Wii U and went into vWii expecting it to show a black screen but it booted up like normal, however I know that the installation process didn't work as intended so how do I check where the vWii is bricked?

Last edited by Frenetar,

Deleted member 466238

Trophies
XP
I think you will have to use decaffeinator if you indeed corrupted the IOS80, unfortunately, unless someone else knows how to repair ios 80 without using the decaffeinator.

Anyways here's the guide: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/recover-vwii-ioses-channels

EDIT: i just read your post above that you could boot vWii normally. If the system menu is working then the IOS80 is fine. Run syscheck to see your ios installation, and make a NAND backup now that you can.

Last edited by Deleted member 466238,

Frenetar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think you will have to use decaffeinator if you indeed corrupted the IOS80, unfortunately, unless someone else knows how to repair ios 80 without using the decaffeinator.

Anyways here's the guide: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/recover-vwii-ioses-channels

EDIT: i just read your post above that you could boot vWii normally. If the system menu is working then the IOS80 is fine. Run syscheck to see your ios installation, and make a NAND backup now that you can.
Right now I'm unsure whether my vwii is bricked or not since there are no signs right now but I assume it is.

Deleted member 466238

Trophies
XP
Right now I'm unsure whether my vwii is bricked or not since there are no signs right now but I assume it is.
If your vWii is working fine, then it's NOT bricked. Why do you believe it is? What did you use to patch IOS80? did you follow this guide? https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii/patching-ios80

I would make a NAND backup before doing anything else, just in case.

Frenetar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If your vWii is working fine, then it's NOT bricked. Why do you believe it is? What did you use to patch IOS80? did you follow this guide? https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii/patching-ios80

I would make a NAND backup before doing anything else, just in case.
I see, damn I already started the decaffinator process and didn't back up my NAND. And yes I followed the guide.

Update: NOW I actually bricked the vWii, damn.

Update 2: I fixed the brick

I still don't understand why it got stuck on 6% though

So I redid the homebrew method and made sure I followed it to a T and the same issue happened again, it gets stuck on 6% before loading up. Is this the vWii not connecting to the internet?

I've looked around and I can't find any answers to what the reason is

Last edited by Frenetar,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I see, damn I already started the decaffinator process and didn't back up my NAND. And yes I followed the guide.

Update: NOW I actually bricked the vWii, damn.

Update 2: I fixed the brick

I still don't understand why it got stuck on 6% though

So I redid the homebrew method and made sure I followed it to a T and the same issue happened again, it gets stuck on 6% before loading up. Is this the vWii not connecting to the internet?

I've looked around and I can't find any answers to what the reason is
Internet should not be required.
Strictly speaking you don't need a patched IOS80. It's only useful if you use the SD card menu to load WiiWare/VC. But loading them using a cIOS emuNAND is arguably better since anything started from the SD card menu has to be installed to NAND when you start it which is a slow process and wears out the NAND. With emuNAND they are loaded directly from SD/USB.
Not sure why it gets stuck for you though.

Reactions: Frenetar

Frenetar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Internet should not be required.
Strictly speaking you don't need a patched IOS80. It's only useful if you use the SD card menu to load WiiWare/VC. But loading them using a cIOS emuNAND is arguably better since anything started from the SD card menu has to be installed to NAND when you start it which is a slow process and wears out the NAND. With emuNAND they are loaded directly from SD/USB.
Not sure why it gets stuck for you though.
I'm thinking of redownloading the files later today for another attempt. Is emuNAND as fast as the other method?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol