Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Sakitoshi, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Sp0okeh

Sp0okeh Newbie

Newcomer
    May 17, 2017
    United States
    hello, i've got a quick question:

(using the most recent TMS patcher 1.8).

so in my TMS dump folder, in the content folder, i only have:

pack_000_map.cpk
    pack_010_character.cpk

and when i tried to patch, it tells me i'm missing:
    pack 030 etc.cpk
    pack 031 message.cpk
    pack 050 movie.cpk
    pack 999 etc om.cpk
    pack 999 lua.cpk

then finally this message pops up:
    "you lack some files, continue anyway?"

do i have to Re-dump the whole game again (which i'm gonna do just in case)?

EDIT: i saw the problem, during the re-dumping process, i *now* saw the other parts that i 'thought' was missing.

Last edited by Sp0okeh, May 18, 2017
  2. Plushie

Plushie Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2017
    Belgium
    Nvm, this was a reply to and old post.

Last edited by Plushie, Jun 11, 2017
  3. havefeith

havefeith Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2011
    Canada
    I have a bit of a question, since the mini-tutorial wasn't clear on this point; do the same steps apply for digital games? I bought TMS from the eShop. (Took practically all day to download it...)

4. theimporter

theimporter Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    Canada
    Can some remake that patch to use with something more modern like Wup Installer? I followed this guide on YouTube, but it doesn't work:

Hell, even the guy making the YouTube video gave up and downloaded the patched game online, making his entire video pointless. I really don't feel like paying Mega Limited to download this when I already paid for my legit copy and dumped it myself.

dimmidice and DarthDub like this.
  5. Kuchenkatze

Kuchenkatze Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2017
    Germany
    Hey there.
    Is there any other way to dump the game? DDD isn't working for me. It never dumps the entire game and just stops working after awhile.

6. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    My main reason for getting a Wii U will for this be this game and XBX. (yeah i now there are other good wii u games but this one i really want)

7. IcySon55

IcySon55 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2008
    Canada
    Try a different SD card. Yours might not be able to keep up with the dumping speed.

8. Floflo81

Floflo81 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2016
    France
    Check that your SD card is at least 16 GB (this game takes a little more than 12).

You can also use disc2app, and then decrypt the files on your PC. I could link to the relevant tutorials if you don't know how to do that.

It's even possible to use the restoration patch, then encrypt the files again and install them with WUP Installer to be able to launch the modified game directly from the Wii U menu!

9. gamerdude58

gamerdude58 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2017
    United States
    Hi quick question. I'm trying to use the patch with Homebrew Laucher 1.4 and loadiine.

I've dumped and patched my copy of the game successfully using the provided guides, and verified that the md5 of my patched files match the md5 checksums provided in the patcher. The game is 12.5 gb on my SD card so I assume the whole thing got dumped.

When I select the games icon in loadiine, however, it briefly shows a message "loading fileset.rpx" or something, and then goes straight to a black screen and my Wii U locks up. I'm using the default loading setting and the unique setting for saves. I'm using Homebrew Launcher 1.4, loadinie-gx2, and I'm on 5.5.1 firmware with no CFW.

Anyone know what might cause this problem? My best guess is that it's my SD card since everything else seems to be okay.

10. Legendre

Legendre Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2017
    Venezuela
    Mmm, Sdcafiine not work for this? No it's more simple?

11. Floflo81

Floflo81 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2016
    France
    It's weird because instead of "loading fileset.rpx", it should say "loading Stainless.rpx" (that's the name of the executable for this game)
    So I guess some files must be missing from your SD card...

If I remember correctly, SD Cafiine is not usable for this game because it's too big.
    You can either use Loadiine to load the modified game from the SD card, or encrypt the game's files with NUS packer and then install them on the console or external drive with WUP Installer
    Cf. https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-different-wiiu-games-formats-and-how-to-convert-them.449212/

12. thund3rstruck

thund3rstruck Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2005
    United States
    The guide definitely works, I've done it twice now. The part that trips everyone up is where you have to provide the keys. The keys in the video are just dummy placeholders, not the actual keys you need to use.
    The pre-patched mega download is for viewers who can't follow the steps, as the steps are highly technically sophisticated.

13. Taolishao

Taolishao Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2017
    United States
    I may be a total idiot for asking this, but I have followed this guide all the way. But when I want to put the patched game back on the SD card it won't let me because 'pack_50_movie.cpk' is too big to fit on the SD card which needs to be formatted to FAT32 and the file is over 4 Gigs. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? And is it true that if I try to play a European game on my US console it will brick?

Last edited by Taolishao, Oct 10, 2017
  14. Floflo81

Floflo81 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2016
    France
    I'm sure it should fit on a FAT32 SD card since I managed to do it last year. The files should all be below 4 GB (4194304 KB).

If they ARE below 4194304 KB but it still doesn't work, your card is probably not formatted correctly.
    If they are NOT below 4194304 KB, you did something wrong with the disc ripping or the patch :P