:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are 2 things keeping me from liking this game. THe "bumper car" physics which is ridiculous and the lack of car damage. Otherwise, to me at least, Driver 2 was better.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
damn this blows driver 2 away easily I reckon...

this game wouldve been killer top down. no draw distance issues. no texture warping issues... well maybe if there was a building tall enough.. and the sprites wouldve been easier and nicer

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Certainly the game it´s kinda lame, but it impress at the first look
tongue.gif

That´s not usual on GBA.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its better than Driver 2 Advance but for my Driver needs I'm gonna stick with the version less fancy on the Colour

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
man, does anyone remember those beta videos of the payback engine?
it had a much smoother frame rate and a pretty good draw distance (it was 3rd person back then)

a payback port to the DS would be awesome too... *goes off to download payback again*

decript

A melon a day, keeps t3h monkey away
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thats true, I think a payback DS would raise da roof!! Its annoying in the missions when you die, you have to start all over. And your health carries over, so now i'm stuck with low health and can't increase it.

BlazeHedgehog

Trophies
Website
www.blazefire.tk
XP
Country
A nice attempt, but very flawed. Shooting mechanics could've been a lot better. Driving is okay, and I am impressed by the size of the city, but one thing destroys this:

Missions where you must follow another car.

It's mainly the fact that hitboxes are weird (I find myself hitting lamp posts that I shouldn't) and that if you crash into something, you bounce off of it like a pinball. Add to this the fact that CPU drivers don't have any collision with other CPU drivers (meaning, often times, they can plow through a traffic jam or a lamp post and never slow down) nor do they drive realistically (they practically turn on a dime) make it extremely frusterating to deal with.

Too often I'll be driving along behind the car I'm supposed to follow, and the car will swerve impossibly around a corner. I try to turn to keep up, and I end up hitting a car, a wall or a lamp post. By the time I get myself around the obstacle and back on the road, I've failed the mission.

With a little more effort this could've been something cool. As it stands now, it's bland, like the rest of the GBA Shovelware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Shubshub
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys when i get back on discord i'm making my pfp the smug DK face