Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about:
Editing/replacing SWAR
Filelist output for SDAT
Convert SSEQ to MIDI and SBNK to DSL (VGMTrans doesn't work on all games with SDATs)

loco365

Trophies
XP
I hope to see RCGN plugins soon. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl use them for the images on the signs. I've been fiddling with one in hex for a while and it is getting really annoying. It is really useful tool that can help with my hack. Big time. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

Edit: It's also far better than CrystalTile 2. By a longshot.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
At least thank the guy, with only request, he'll be overwhelmed.
Thank you for the Wav->STRM conversion, I was waiting for it, now to try it
smile.gif

Edit: well, it didn't work. It seems that the game's strm files are compressed (I'm trying to modify Tony Hawk American Sk8land) so if you can "fix" that, that would be great
wink.gif

MinusR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thank you for the tool. I was hoping this could be a replacment for CT2, since you can't import multiple files.

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
MinusR said:
What about:
Editing/replacing SWAR
Filelist output for SDAT
Convert SSEQ to MIDI and SBNK to DSL (VGMTrans doesn't work on all games with SDATs)
What do you mean with "Filelist output for SDAT"?, about the SSEQ to MIDI it will take a little more time, because I need to investigate the MIDI format first...

Team Fail said:
I hope to see RCGN plugins soon. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl use them for the images on the signs. I've been fiddling with one in hex for a while and it is getting really annoying. It is really useful tool that can help with my hack. Big time. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

What are the names of the "RCGN" files or where are them?, If you mean NCGR files, they are supported
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Necron N.N @ Aug 17 2011, 04:05 AM)
Edit: well, it didn't work. It seems that the game's strm files are compressed (I'm trying to modify Tony Hawk American Sk8land) so if you can "fix" that, that would be great
wink.gif
I try it with the game "Sonic colors", I have changed the opening song by the zelda main song
yaynds.gif
, and you are right, by the moment the new STRM files have no compression (PCM-16) but probably this is not the error because each file has a compression flag in their head and that should be read by the SDK not by the game code (in my opinion), I think the problem is that the new STRM files have the loop offset property disabled (loopFlag = 0x00), and if this song need to be played in loop the STRM file will return and error. I will make an interface to select a loop offset.

loco365

Trophies
XP
pleonex said:
Team Fail said:
biggrin.gif
What are the names of the "RCGN" files or where are them?, If you mean NCGR files, they are supported
rolleyes.gif

If you want to see what kind of file I am talking about, go to /graphic/field_board.narc in a Pokemon Diamond or Pearl rom and decompress it. There are a whole bunch of graphic files and one pallet the whole bunch uses. It can view them, but editing? That's a different story.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think at some point you may have support for the following file types?

- .cg
- .cl
- .sc
- .ca
- .ma
- .md

The first 3 are similar to the .ngcr, etc. files, at least that's what I think--can't know for sure since I haven't checked. Essentially they're just graphic, palette, and map files respectively, usually compressed by LZ11, but not always (palettes tend to be uncompressed).

.ca and .ma files I don't know much about, .md file is model data, I also don't know much about this outside of some documentation I've found on google and using this website's search function

Just throwing this out there, this program doesn't even support the NDS game I'm currently hacking (Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo ~ something I can't remember ~) so even if it did support these files it wouldn't help me at all right now. >_>

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Team Fail said:
pleonex said:
Team Fail said:
biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif

If you want to see what kind of file I am talking about, go to /graphic/field_board.narc in a Pokemon Diamond or Pearl rom and decompress it. There are a whole bunch of graphic files and one pallet the whole bunch uses. It can view them, but editing? That's a different story.

Yes, you can edit them with the "Import" button while you are viewing the NCGR file. The problem is that, by the moment, the program can not compress narc files, so it is not possible to save the new files, but you can edit them, then export all the NCGR and NCLR files (you can export a folder) and finally you can use another program to compress the new NARC file.

Anyway to compress NARC files is one of my priorities.

QUOTE(Blazer @ Aug 17 2011, 07:26 PM)
Do you think at some point you may have support for the following file types?

- .cg
- .cl
- .sc
- .ca
- .ma
- .md

Just throwing this out there, this program doesn't even support the NDS game I'm currently hacking (Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo ~ something I can't remember ~) so even if it did support these files it wouldn't help me at all right now. >_>
I will check this game and their formats, when I have some time I will try to do a plugin for it
smile.gif
(I don't why the program doesn't work with this game, it should work with all the NDS games..., I will look at it)

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds awesome and would help a lot. Hopefully you don't have to go too out of your way... good luck for whenever you have time to mess around. XP

loco365

Trophies
XP
pleonex said:
Team Fail said:
pleonex said:
Team Fail said:
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Yes, you can edit them with the "Import" button while you are viewing the NCGR file. The problem is that, by the moment, the program can not compress narc files, so it is not possible to save the new files, but you can edit them, then export all the NCGR and NCLR files (you can export a folder) and finally you can use another program to compress the new NARC file.

Anyway to compress NARC files is one of my priorities.
Ok. That will really help Thanks.

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Good news: another version of Tinke

*** Sound plugin added with SADL audio support (in Professor Layton games)
*** Added control to compress NARC files (select the NARC file to compress and click on the View button)
*** Added control to compress Nitro compress format files (thanks to the proyect DSDecmp by Barubary) (Select the file and click on the View button)
* Added support to japanese file names
* Added control with options of new maps
* Added button in SDAT plugin to change files
* Fixed problem with the import (wav to strm) methods in SDAT plugin
* Improved the french translation
* Added import and export palettes files to Windows palettes
* Fixed problems saving new NCLR files

Downloads:http://code.google.com/p/tinke/downloads/list

@Necron N.N
Try with with this new version the WAV to STRM conversion

@Blazer
Your game is now supported, there was a problem with the name of some files because they have japanese chars. As you mentioned the .cl files are palettes, the .cg are tiles with LZ11 compression, you can view them with the "Open as..." buttons. (First decompress the .cg files with the "Uncompress" button)

@Team Fail
Here an example of the import BMP image with the files you have said me:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3981393/Tinke/narc.PNG
(I know that the palette that I have used is so bad
tongue.gif
)

loco365

Trophies
XP
pleonex said:
Good news: another version of Tinke

*** Sound plugin added with SADL audio support (in Professor Layton games)
*** Added control to compress NARC files (select the NARC file to compress and click on the View button)
*** Added control to compress Nitro compress format files (thanks to the proyect DSDecmp by Barubary) (Select the file and click on the View button)
* Added support to japanese file names
* Added control with options of new maps
* Added button in SDAT plugin to change files
* Fixed problem with the import (wav to strm) methods in SDAT plugin
* Improved the french translation
* Added import and export palettes files to Windows palettes
* Fixed problems saving new NCLR files

Downloads:http://code.google.com/p/tinke/downloads/list

@Necron N.N
Try with with this new version the WAV to STRM conversion

@Blazer
Your game is now supported, there was a problem with the name of some files because they have japanese chars. As you mentioned the .cl files are palettes, the .cg are tiles with LZ11 compression, you can view them with the "Open as..." buttons. (First decompress the .cg files with the "Uncompress" button)

@Team Fail
Here an example of the import BMP image with the files you have said me:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3981393/Tinke/narc.PNG
(I know that the palette that I have used is so bad
tongue.gif
)
Ah! That's exactly what I need it for! Thank you so very much!

EDIT: Quick question. Why does it export as .png but only import .bmp images? I find that a bit odd.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
SWD SED ect on PMDEoS music format will supported too? i want to can rip pokemon mystery dungeon explorer of sky without record from emulator :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch