Hardware Thinking of buying a Wii U

lavera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking to buy the Wind Waker HD edition. Currently thinking of buying it from superufo.com because its the cheapest so far. Around USD390 including shipping. Local stores here sell the normal deluxe edition for about USD 500+. Should I just go with it? I ordered a Vita MMC from there once and it arrived just fine. Any other cheap/reliable sites you guys recommend that ships to Brunei (South East Asia, near Malaysia).

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking to buy the Wind Waker HD edition. Currently thinking of buying it from superufo.com because its the cheapest so far. Around USD390 including shipping. Local stores here sell the normal deluxe edition for about USD 500+. Should I just go with it? I ordered a Vita MMC from there once and it arrived just fine. Any other cheap/reliable sites you guys recommend that ships to Brunei (South East Asia, near Malaysia).

sucks that you have to pay such a high price for it. I got the bundle the day it was released @ $317 I think with taxes paid

WWHD is the best game I have ever played hands down. wind waker held that title before but they really made the game better in hd. They took almost nothing out (changed a few things) and added more in. The game was beautiful from outset to gannon

So whether youre new to wind waker or have played the original its a great game.
And an extra is the sick gamepad design.
I'd say go for it

lavera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gee thanks for the suggestions! One more question. Is the Wii U's region lock the same as the 3DS's? I mean, I know ASI 3DS can play US games and ASI games. But can US 3DS play ASI games too? If I get a US Wii U can I play US games and ASI games on it? :unsure: Is there even an ASI Wii U (and ASI Wii U Games)??

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
you can never go wrong with Zelda. i picked up the zelda wii u on launch just be careful with the gamepad my motherboard in mine died on me but i sent it off to nintendo and they fixed it

lavera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know man. The only things keeping me from ordering it right now is the uncertainty of the region lock and whether the AC adapter will work here, else I'll have to get a converter thingy or something.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know man. The only things keeping me from ordering it right now is the uncertainty of the region lock and whether the AC adapter will work here, else I'll have to get a converter thingy or something.
Wii U is region locked, both for games (disc & eshop) and Gamepad controller.

AC adapter is not universal, so check ahead.

EDIT: AC adapter is universal, just not labeled as such. Like PS3.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PS3 doesn't have an AC adapter, it has an internal power supply and a power cord. I don't know about the Wii U, but every other Nintendo system I've had hasn't had that sort of setup. Maybe you can use a local Wii U power supply with a US system, but I wouldn't try using a US power supply as is. I mean, would it even fit the outlet? Once you start using prong adapters and stuff, you're getting into dangerous territory for electronics, better off just getting a proper local AC brick.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS3 doesn't have an AC adapter, it has an internal power supply and a power cord. I don't know about the Wii U, but every other Nintendo system I've had hasn't had that sort of setup. Maybe you can use a local Wii U power supply with a US system, but I wouldn't try using a US power supply as is. I mean, would it even fit the outlet? Once you start using prong adapters and stuff, you're getting into dangerous territory for electronics, better off just getting a proper local AC brick.
i meant PS3 also uses universal power supply, alebit internal.
http://www.ign.com/blogs/chuck0latt...re-actually-universal-100-250vac-dual-voltage

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I recommend the following games if you don't mind the M rating. They aren't in any particular order:
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Batman: Arkham Origins (no multiplayer, but it's cheaper and doesn't have lag like X1/PS3)
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts (definitely not on the top of the list though)
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (I wrote a review here)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

There are plenty of games that are fun on the system, those are just the favorites of the ones I own.

lavera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah I just found out too that there is no ASI Wii U and ASI games. Even Singapore uses US consoles and games. And good to know about the AC adapter!

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I've made up my mind. I'll order it later on today and it'll probably arrive in 2-4 days. Really appreciate it. Will look into your game recommendations too. Thanks again! :yayu:

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So? If he wants the Wind Waker bundle, he should be able to get it.

I said i would, i'm giving my opinion he/she can do what they chooses i just think it's a better value plus WW is digital and Mario games aren't. On the other hand I guess if you want the zelda themed gamepad that would be reason enough

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.. if you are into first party games then go for it... If you are after 3rd part then go with ps3,ps4, xbox 360, or xbox one.

lavera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.. if you are into first party games then go for it... If you are after 3rd part then go with ps3,ps4, xbox 360, or xbox one.

I already have most of the 3rd party games on PS3 and I'm not interested in the other next gen consoles just yet.

I said i would, i'm giving my opinion he/she can do what they chooses i just think it's a better value plus WW is digital and Mario games aren't. On the other hand I guess if you want the zelda themed gamepad that would be reason enough
Thanks for the suggestion but yeah that Zelda gamepad is sick! I don't really mind the game and the Hyrule Historia being digital. Besides, the site I'm ordering from, superufo.com, they don't have the Mario & Luigi bundle you speak of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw