Hardware Anyone around here thinking of selling their Wii U to save up and get a Switch ?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Hello guys and gals , i have owned this console for nearly 3 years by now, i have had lots of fun with SSB4 and MK8 mostly.
and i still play it , mostly SSb and Mk8 ! i have not finished a couple of games like TokyoMirageSessions/Wind Waker HD/Xenoblade X (which is a very lengthy game)

and the platformer that was bundled in my WiiU (have the Mario 3D land bundle) i only played that one a couple of times, it is a gorgeous game but i never got to play it that much , i consider Mario platformer games mostly as Family games and i always keep them around when someone comes and to play together etc.

i have my Wii U set up with CBHC and have quite a few backups on the USB HDD.
i know someone who would be willing to buy it off from me for 300$ , but i don't really know if i should sell it.

it is someone very close to me , he loves mario games mostly and he played them a few times when he was at our place so he was thinking about buying one.

when i told him to wait and get a Switch instead ,the newer Nintendo Console.
he was like "but when is that going to be hacked?" XD

i think he likes my Wii U mainly because of all the good hacks available already etc.

so i am sure i could sell it to him if i wanted to, but i am not so sure.

what are your thoughts on this ?

and who else is considering or already did sell their Wii U ?

D

Deleted User

You shouldn't sell it unless you're underpaid then you should. Wii U is kinda worth keeping

D

Deleted User

Don't sell it.
If you're that hyped for Switch, then put your money in piggybank and wait till it rises.
Do you really want to waste $300 on a console that only has 1-5 games?

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't trade my Wii-U for a switch straight across, I already have zelda and a fully modded loaded system with tons of peripherals and full retro capability with hopefully a lot more useful homebrew on the way.

Reactions: Don21

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I did my homework, and I'm getting an used Wii U tomorrow. Will hack it and pick up Breath of the Wild and a couple of Wii games for it.

It's going to be my first hdmi system! (Also, I have an older television that I'm going to have to buy an adapter for...)

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i personally like to collect my consoles. i hold a pride in knowing i had it and loved it or hated it. plus never hurts to go back and play games from "older" consoles.
(ᴾᶫᵘˢ, ᵂᶦᶦᵁ ᶦˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒᶰᶫʸ ᶜᵒᶰˢᵒᶫᵉ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵃ ˢᵖᶫᵃᵗᵒᵒᶰ ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ᶰᵒʷ⋅)

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did my homework, and I'm getting an used Wii U tomorrow. Will hack it and pick up Breath of the Wild and a couple of Wii games for it.

It's going to be my first hdmi system! (Also, I have an older television that I'm going to have to buy an adapter for...)
if you are going to hack why pick up BOTW and wii games? sounds like you should be saving that money for a new TV ,one with HDMI

Funkentanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, love my Wii U. But it is at Nintendo right now for repair :(
Stupid 106-0103 Error -_- I want it back, now!

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
On the contrary, I'm actually thinking about getting my Wii U back lol (it's at a friend's).
But the fact I own no Wii/GC may play a role in that too so when getting a Wii U, I'd not get Wii U exclusives only, also older games. If you already have a Wii/GC, you can discard that argument.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative