Hacking Thinking about getting a Vita. But had a few questions...

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
The most expensive game I bought for Vita was $40, which is the average price of 3DS games
Most games I pay between $7 and $13.
Vita may have some cons but games been expensive is definitely not one of them

The worthwhile games are, and many of the good ones are digital only, which is a bummer.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The worthwhile games are, and many of the good ones are digital only, which is a bummer.
I don't see what you're talking about. Even digital-only games are reasonably priced. (Although sales are where it's at.) I see that you are from the UK and these are NA, but OP is in NA, so I think my argument stands.

Do you have a ps4 if so does remote play require the newest FW on vita AND PS4?...even if a hack is released for ps4 I'm never doing it. Spent too much psn money so ps4 will always be on newest
The problem is, the Vita firmware has to be updated to keep up with the PS4. When PS4 updated to 3.00, Sony also released PSV FW 3.55 which contained updates to the remote play functionality. Vita FW 3.52 would be incompatible with PS4 FW 3.00+, because remote play is intimately tied into the firmware. From my understanding, you will need to update to 3.55 at least if you ever want to remote play on an up-to-date PS4.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see what you're talking about. Even digital-only games are reasonably priced. (Although sales are where it's at.) I see that you are from the UK and these are NA, but OP is in NA, so I think my argument stands.

The problem is, the Vita firmware has to be updated to keep up with the PS4. When PS4 updated to 3.00, Sony also released PSV FW 3.55 which contained updates to the remote play functionality. Vita FW 3.52 would be incompatible with PS4 FW 3.00+, because remote play is intimately tied into the firmware. From my understanding, you will need to update to 3.55 at least if you ever want to remote play on an up-to-date PS4.

Yep, UK prices are stupidly high, but I could buy some physical copies from abroad, since it's region free. Still import costs and all that, I don't save much. Sigh, it's so expensive being british.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

These are some games I bought and their prices:
Rayman Origins $7
Metal Gear Solid 3 $7
Gravity Rush $13
Rayman Legends $13
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment $10
One Piece Unlimited World Red $10
Hyperspace Dimension Neptunia $10
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus + Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus $18

Those are all worthwhile for me, but If you really insist on that I'd like to see what games are you talking about.
Honestly I never saw a PSVita game been sold for more than $40

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
These are some games I bought and their prices:
Rayman Origins $7
Metal Gear Solid 3 $7
Gravity Rush $13
Rayman Legends $13
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment $10
One Piece Unlimited World Red $10
Hyperspace Dimension Neptunia $10
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus + Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus $18

Those are all worthwhile for me, but If you really insist on that I'd like to see what games are you talking about.
Honestly I never saw a PSVita game been sold for more than $40

Okay, I'll put the equivilent games in UK prices for you.

Rayman Origins £12
I don't know which MGS game, but all of them are £7 or over
Gravity Rush £13
Rayman Legends £16
Sword art Online £15
One Piece £15
Hyper Space Dimension Neptunia £25
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Bundle £50

Some are a little more expensive, some are downright extortionate, considering the GBP is worth about 50% more than a US Dollar. I wanted Persona 4 for Vita, it's always £25 or more on the store, no exceptions. I know it's popular, but it never, ever has a sale on it.

Last edited by G0R3Z,

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, I'll put the equivilent games in UK prices for you.

Rayman Origins £12
I don't know which MGS game, but all of them are £7 or over
Gravity Rush £13
Rayman Legends £16
Sword art Online £15
One Piece £15
Hyper Space Dimension Neptunia £25
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Bundle £50

Some are a little more expensive, some are downright extortionate, considering the GBP is worth about 50% more than a US Dollar.

Nobody is forcing you to pay in UK money, you can just use a US account and pay dirty cheap like everybody else.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Nobody is forcing you to pay in UK money, you can just use a US account and pay dirty cheap like everybody else.

It signs you to the region you're on, so I can't change it now. You have to make an american account and it's just far too much hassle. I think i'll just wait until I can find most of my most wanted games dirt cheap in physical form, because the store won't be there for that much longer if I know Sony, they've basically given up on it.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It signs you to the region you're on, so I can't change it now. You have to make an american account and it's just far too much hassle. I think i'll just wait until I can find most of my most wanted games dirt cheap in physical form, because the store won't be there for that much longer if I know Sony, they've basically given up on it.

They seem to given up on it on west but on Japan it's selling fine so I guess they'll keep it for a while.
Also I expect them to stop supporting PS3 before Vita, since there aren't any news on PS3 servers shutdown I guess were safe for some years

D

Deleted-19228

Seeing as the PSP has been discontinued for many years and the store is still up.....

Still haven't seen KHBBS though :P

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
I think of the Vita more as a PSP+ these days, if you proceed on that basis with the homebrew/backward compatibility for PS1/PSP it's less disappointing. There are a few Vita gems regardless though, like Tearaway, Super Stardust Delta and the reissue/available elsewhere stuff like Zen Pinball 2, MGS Collection.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Great help everyone! Now that I know that I don't need to hack it...should I get the SLIM or try to locate a new PS Vita 1000 (with OLED screen)

are the cons of the Slim (shitter screen, cheaper feel) outweigh the pros? (better battery life, internal memory) etc

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great help everyone! Now that I know that I don't need to hack it...should I get the SLIM or try to locate a new PS Vita 1000 (with OLED screen)

are the cons of the Slim (shitter screen, cheaper feel) outweigh the pros? (better battery life, internal memory) etc
Literally the only reason people give for saying the ps vita 1000 model is better then the 2000 model is for the oled screen, thats it.
1000 oled screens have burn in issues a lot of the time. 2000 model screen isn't worse imo, just different, which helps out with battery life in the long run.

http://i.imgur.com/uAPSf.jpg

Only other thing i can think of is the ps vita 1000 weighs more then the 2000 model. ps vita 2000 model imo is better in every way.

Reactions: Deleted User

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Literally the only reason people give for saying the ps vita 1000 model is better then the 2000 model is for the oled screen, thats it.
1000 oled screens have burn in issues a lot of the time. 2000 model screen isn't worse imo, just different, which helps out with battery life in the long run.

http://i.imgur.com/uAPSf.jpg

Only other thing i can think of is the ps vita 1000 weighs more then the 2000 model. ps vita 2000 model imo is better in every way.
ouch! WTF is that from??

D

Deleted User

1000 oled screens have burn in issues a lot of the time
I can relate to that. When my screen is completely black, I can make out some big black dots where there has been screen burn-in. It's really not a nice thing to have. :blink:

Reactions: cvskid

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
The black dots aren't screen burn, they're a result of the mura effect. My non-3G Phat Vita has a couple of small ones. In most usage cases they can't be seen so it's not worth worrying about, whereas I always notice the greyish blacks and washed out looking colours on my Slim. I should do a side by side comparison with some of the same games in a YouTube video at some point. I get more immersed in gaming with the Phat Vita. Also, the cheap feeling plastic on the sides and back of the Slim are more annoying than the unrounded silver bezel on the Phat, and for my money the analogue sticks feel more gritty and don't have as much travel - it's hard to describe but it's almost like they are rotary in places. The Phat has a premium feel, the Slim doesn't. The bezel round the LCD on the Slim is a dead giveaway because it's more cost-effective to make it like this, as an integrated part rather than neatly fitted under the cover with no joins on the Phat.

Also, it's easier to find the Phat on earlier firmware versions because of early adopters who bought one, never used it and put it in a drawer. And they're cheaper to pick up, too.

I have both and even if they had the same exploits I know I'd still use the Phat one more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: