Country
ben10l.png

ben 10

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man, the gui loader has come a long way in the couple days I was gone... I'm having trouble with getting the themes to work. I'm trying to use the "dark" theme posted earlier. I've got a "config" folder in the root and "config.txt" within that. Here is what is in my config.txt...
theme_path = SD:/config/dark
I've got the "dark" folder in SD/config
is there anything else I need to get this working???

ShadyGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The theme i use...

Background

Changed:
Background
bg_options_enrty
button_install/ button_instal_over
menu_button/ menu_button_over
progressbar
scrollbar_arrowdown/ scrollbar_arrowup
scrollbar_box
settings_button/ settings_button_over
startgame_arrow_left/ startgame_arrow_right
wiimote_poweroff/ wiimote_poweroff_over

DL: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V259HUUR

I edited more files like the Background in the settings menu. But they dont work. Anyone maybe knows y?
The files are in the same folder and i dont changed the name.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know this is a dumb question, but is there anyway to animate the "buttons" at the bottom of the screen? like a "mouse over" function, or even a looping animation?

I doubt it is possible at this time, or ever, but thought I'd ask anyway!

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get any themes to work...don't know what I'm missing, but I too would like the dark theme in widescreen (maybe with the lighter background)

jsjar

Trophies
XP
Country
i still havn't figured out how to get these theme's to work
i have been recompiling the source every time i change anything it's a pain in the arse

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
posted this earlier in "usb iso loader gui dimok..." thread incase people need some help with images/covers, etc.

-------
for those having trouble with images, here's my setup:

L:\apps\usbloader
L:\images (put all images here)
L:\images\disc (put all disc images here)
L:\config\config.txt
L:\config\titles.txt
L:\theme

-In my config.txt i have one line: wtheme_path = SD:/theme/
*tip - for some reason if you use theme_path instead of wtheme_path, your theme will not show up! I also edit any theme i download and remove one line from the theme.txt which is: show_id = 1. It causes problems so i remove it.
*tip - make sure your theme folder has all the right files in it, including the theme.txt.
-dont forget to make the "config" folder in the root of your memory card.
-under usbloader i have 3 files: boot.dol, icon.png, & meta.mxl
-make sure everything is lowercase
-obviously L is just my sd card drive letter, yours will be different
-depending on the loader you choose, you either use 3D art or regular art, if the loader is using regular art, you CANT use 3D art. 3D art will be the size of 176 x 228 and filename is 6 letters long e.g. - R2WPA4.png, regular art is 160 x 224. disc art is 160 x 160 and filename is 3 letters long. e.g. - R2A.png

I know you can set things up differently like having 3 letters for image covers, but this is what i did and for those that may need some help to get started. good luck and enjoy testing out this awesome loader!!

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lithium210 said:
posted this earlier in "usb iso loader gui dimok..." thread incase people need some help with images/covers, etc.

-------
for those having trouble with images, here's my setup:

L:\apps\usbloader
L:\images (put all images here)
L:\images\disc (put all disc images here)
L:\config\config.txt
L:\config\titles.txt
L:\theme

-In my config.txt i have one line: wtheme_path = SD:/theme/
*tip - for some reason if you use theme_path instead of wtheme_path, your theme will not show up! I also edit any theme i download and remove one line from the theme.txt which is: show_id = 1. It causes problems so i remove it.
*tip - make sure your theme folder has all the right files in it, including the theme.txt.
-dont forget to make the "config" folder in the root of your memory card.
-under usbloader i have 3 files: boot.dol, icon.png, & meta.mxl
-make sure everything is lowercase
-obviously L is just my sd card drive letter, yours will be different
-depending on the loader you choose, you either use 3D art or regular art, if the loader is using regular art, you CANT use 3D art. 3D art will be the size of 176 x 228 and filename is 6 letters long e.g. - R2WPA4.png, regular art is 160 x 224. disc art is 160 x 160 and filename is 3 letters long. e.g. - R2A.png

I know you can set things up differently like having 3 letters for image covers, but this is what i did and for those that may need some help to get started. good luck and enjoy testing out this awesome loader!!

Thank you. This worked for me.

Edit: And I can also confirm that "theme_path =" didn't work for me but adding "w" to make it "wtheme_path = " did work

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate dealing with these stupid fileshare sites so I have created a one stop place for themes. Please add your themes here USB Loader GUI Themes

If you are good with graphics and can help me make the site much better, that would be great! I need a good theme for the site.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deakphreak said:
I hate dealing with these stupid fileshare sites so I have created a one stop place for themes. Please add your themes here USB Loader GUI Themes

If you are good with graphics and can help me make the site much better, that would be great! I need a good theme for the site.
That's a great idea, actually! If I could suggest one thing though, I'd give it support for widescreen previews. The Ben 10 theme doesn't look good shrinked to a 4:3 ratio.

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
deakphreak said:

Yes, nice idea
yaypsp.gif
deakphreak. Many Thanks!

donnyp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
I know this is a dumb question, but is there anyway to animate the "buttons" at the bottom of the screen? like a "mouse over" function, or even a looping animation?

I doubt it is possible at this time, or ever, but thought I'd ask anyway!

At this time, no I dont think that is possible. You could take a make them different sizes though. say you have the home button at a size of 100x100, then you make the home button over at a size of 125x125 (or any nice within reason, to make it look good) with a glow effect.

That should work and it would make it look as if the icon was coming out of the screen/getting bigger.

joshed

Trophies
Website
www.scened.info
XP
Country
United States
deakphreak said:

lol, theme site needs a theme...

can somebody make a Phoenix Suns theme for the Loader?

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
deakphreak said:

That's a great idea, actually! If I could suggest one thing though, I'd give it support for widescreen previews. The Ben 10 theme doesn't look good shrinked to a 4:3 ratio.

Yea, they are just preview image thumbnails and linked them to the full size image, so if you click on the image, it will show the full image in a pop up. You will need to enable javascript on the site to see it properly. When you upload the theme, it will create a thumbnail at 250x250 but keep the original in its full size but convert it to a jpg for faster loading. The normal, full quality image will still be safe inside the zip file. The main goal here is to create a fast loading preview so they can see what they are getting. It doesnt have to display perfect on the site. I am open to site suggestions, and will try to work them as quickly as I can, but lately it seems that I have not had very much free time for personal stuff.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you even have widescreen at all??? ive been using many themes and even default usb loader settings but nothing looks widescreen to me. or is it just a 4:3 image just stretched without black bars on the side? people keep mentioning widescreen but i dont think its TRUE widescreen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm