TheFlow Announces 3.67 Hack for Vita

For those unaware, approximately a year and a half ago, developer yifan lu released the most widespread Vita hack, called Henkaku, for firmware 3.60. Sony, of course, quickly updated their firmware and fixed part of the initial exploit. In that time, we've had multiple releases from various developers, spanning from simple Retroarch ports by the libretro team, to OpenGL accelerated homebrew by Rinnegatamante, to NoNpDRM and Adrenaline by TheFlow.

And now, TheFlow has announced that he's successfully found a full chain exploit for 3.67 on the Vita! Of course, there's a catch; it won't be released any time soon. With university beginning once again for TheFlow, he simply won't have enough time to fully finish the exploit so it's user-ready for all. In the meantime, TheFlow has announced he may be able to port Henkaku Enso to 3.65, available only for users already on 3.60 and Henkaku.

This is tremendous news for the Vita scene, one of the biggest wants from the community since Henkaku released and Sony updated the firmware with new keys has been the ability to play 3.61+ games, and now it appears it may come quicker than the years most thought! While we may have to wait a year or more for the release, it's still great to hear there's hope for the future.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What?

Persona 4 Golden
Tearaway
Hotline Miami
Rogue Legacy
Steins;gate
Danganropa series
Zero Escape series
Gravity Rush
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Trails series
Atelier series
Tales series
Freedom Wars
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Muramasa
Countless VNs and JRPGs

No, not my things. Respect mine. You forgot.. Thats why PSVITA failed. Dont see any good games so its failed. I have different taste, thanks.

Oh looks seems like we have a person who doesn't know what he's talking about

Yeah, you dont know anything. :) Have a respect.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
To be fair, most of those games (including a bunch of "countless VNs and JRPGs" are on the PS4, 3DS and/or PC (don't get me wrong, I got a Vita specifically for P4G and Danganronpa (right before they announced the PC version...)). Then again, Uncharted is on the PS3 and PS4, so @azoreseuropa doesn't even need a Vita.

Anywhoo... I hate it when devs do this sort of thing. "Oh, I found the cure for cancer but I'm busy doing homework... you guys will just have to wait until I'm done." How hard would it be for him to share his findings with people who do have time?
He does it because he wants to, and he's free to release it or not as he sees fit. I'd just be grateful that anything *might* come out.

Reactions: Xandrid

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any bets as to if Sony will mass-ban people with T&S violations when this comes out or not? :P

Seriously though, as much as this is good news for the brew scene, you just know they'll throw a hissy fit and take their ball home with them. I've given up on the PS Vita since my PSN was banned, but regardless I'll probably pick it up again just to play my physical copy of Steins;Gate0 that I've been craving to play. (Try to steal that away from me, Sony. >.>)

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any bets as to if Sony will mass-ban people with T&S violations when this comes out or not? :P

Seriously though, as much as this is good news for the brew scene, you just know they'll throw a hissy fit and take their ball home with them. I've given up on the PS Vita since my PSN was banned, but regardless I'll probably pick it up again just to play my physical copy of Steins;Gate0 that I've been craving to play. (Try to steal that away from me, Sony. >.>)

My nephew actually got banned lol

16ljwib.jpg

But I have never seen any reports of anyone else getting banned, he was playing CoD Declassified all day on a Henkaku enabled device and next day couldn't log in anymore.

People can take this with as much salt as they need to...

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: Pandaxclone2

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My nephew actually got banned lol

16ljwib.jpg

But I have never seen any reports of anyone else getting banned, he was playing CoD Declassified all day on a Henkaku enabled device and next day couldn't log in anymore.

People can take this with as much salt as they need to...
Rest in Pepperoni dude, if your family share same account for ps4/ps3, all ur digital contents are screwed too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7