Hacking The SuperCard DSTWO Beginner's Guide: How to Setup the DSTWO

niszeto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a new super card ds two today and I believe it is the Chinese version. I formatted my micro sd card with the SD formatter, transfered the ds two setup files and the English version didn't work, so i tried the Chinese version and it worked worked and transferred the language packs into the sd card and it didnt recognize any other languages but chinese. I then transferred the new patch onto the root part of the sd card and tried booting the dstwo on my ds lite and update but couldn't update. I am completely stumped could someone help me out. Thanks in advance

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a new super card ds two today and I believe it is the Chinese version. I formatted my micro sd card with the SD formatter, transfered the ds two setup files and the English version didn't work, so i tried the Chinese version and it worked worked and transferred the language packs into the sd card and it didnt recognize any other languages but chinese. I then transferred the new patch onto the root part of the sd card and tried booting the dstwo on my ds lite and update but couldn't update. I am completely stumped could someone help me out. Thanks in advance
Go onto Supercard's chinese website and download the chinese firmware update.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think updating the supercard will allow the supercard to change to english cause I can't read or understand chinese ?
I'd imagine that copying the "lang_en" folder from the English EOS to the language folder on your Chinese EOS installation would work. You'll need to select the proper language in DSGAME I believe (the file browser).

niszeto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine that copying the "lang_en" folder from the English EOS to the language folder on your Chinese EOS installation would work. You'll need to select the proper language in DSGAME I believe (the file browser).
I got to update my supercard to the newest update but i tried doing that but it still doesn't detect any other language but Chinese. I can finally use the supercard on my 3ds at least and I really appreciate the help you and your guide provided.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got to update my supercard to the newest update but i tried doing that but it still doesn't detect any other language but Chinese. I can finally use the supercard on my 3ds at least and I really appreciate the help you and your guide provided.
You could try to contact your seller's support and request an English DSTWO. If the above didn't work I don't know what else to try, I've never dealt with the Chinese DSTWO.

niszeto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try to contact your seller's support and request an English DSTWO. If the above didn't work I don't know what else to try, I've never dealt with the Chinese DSTWO.
I don't thats going to work because I bought the super card in a shop in Guangzhou when I was on vacation visiting my relatives and China isn't exactly known for exchanges or returns. Thank You anyways for the suggestion.

BassAceGold

Testicles
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't thats going to work because I bought the super card in a shop in Guangzhou when I was on vacation visiting my relatives and China isn't exactly known for exchanges or returns. Thank You anyways for the suggestion.

I'm not sure if the difference between the English and Chinese Supercards extends into compatibility (in game language?) or simply just menu languages; If it's just the latter, you could always install a third-party menu to piggy-back on EOS (like iMenu or BAGPlug) which do support other languages.

Edit: It won't fix all the menus (in game, cheats, or settings that EOS needs like the key combos), but at least you'll be able to load games.

niszeto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if the difference between the English and Chinese Supercards extends into compatibility (in game language?) or simply just menu languages; If it's just the latter, you could always install a third-party menu to piggy-back on EOS (like iMenu or BAGPlug) which do support other languages.

Edit: It won't fix all the menus (in game, cheats, or settings that EOS needs like the key combos), but at least you'll be able to load games.
Surprisingly when I installed imenu and messing around and launched the regular ds two and checked the languages section there was many "items(number)" installed so i just chose one and it changed the default ds two menu to english. I guess I am going to mess around with this a bit more to see if I can get the regular default ds two menu without imenu booting. Thank you to BassAceGold for the suggestion and Terminator02 for this supercard guide,help, and also the imenu guide i found.

Destroid

Trophies
XP
Country
This is extremely frustrating, no matter what I do I can't get my original DS Lite to detect the update. I've copied it to the root directory and tried renaming it to "ds2". Nothing works and it certainly doesn't work on my 3DS.

Johnnyfarago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Just installed jenesisds on my dstwo and everything works fine except I put all of the roms I could find, maybe too much, so when I get in the games list there is 60 pages of roms but I cannot get any further than page 18, anybody got any ideas

thanks

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Just installed jenesisds on my dstwo and everything works fine except I put all of the roms I could find, maybe too much, so when I get in the games list there is 60 pages of roms but I cannot get any further than page 18, anybody got any ideas

thanks
That's a limitation of the emulator. Just sort them into alphabetical folders or something.

Nokeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the excellent DSTWO guide. Of course, my 3DS had already been updated to the latest firmware. Luckily, the tips and tricks helped a lot with getting the latest firmware to work on my DSTWO. I waited around 10 minutes just to be on the safe side.

You may also want to update the first post. The latest firmware is v1.23

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the excellent DSTWO guide. Of course, my 3DS had already been updated to the latest firmware. Luckily, the tips and tricks helped a lot with getting the latest firmware to work on my DSTWO. I waited around 10 minutes just to be on the safe side.

You may also want to update the first post. The latest firmware is v1.23
Done.

SpookySpock

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi GBATemp, long time lurker here. I think I bricked my SuperCardDSTwo, and need some help for the last attempts at reviving it.

The user updated the 3DS XL to 6.2.0-12E (I can't remember the previous version that was on it) by mistake. The SCDSTwo firmware was the 1.13 (Beta, apparently). The SCDSTwo would no longer work (obviously).

So I downloaded the latest version of the SCDSTwo firmware on the official website (1.23), then put it at the root of the SCDSTwo (nb: that micro SD card was formatted with SD Formatter 3.0 before being used in the 3DS).

Launched the SCDSTwo on a NDS Lite (v5 firmware, magenta screens when Pictochat->remove card), it successfully detected the dstwoupdate.dat file, then showed me a SCDSTwo menu asking me to confirm the "1.13 (Beta) -> 1.23 update", I confirmed (pressing A, iirc).

A loading bar filled up, then after no more than 5 seconds the SCDSTwo loaded up normally (showing roms, etc)(nb: the SCDSTwo was using the official EOS v1.11_2012_1212(2012-12-24), no plugins whatsoever, only files are .nds games and .sav files - as vanilla and simple as it can gets). There wasn't any "update finished !" message showed at all. After less than 5 minutes (around 2 minutes) I turned off the NDS Lite (this is maybe where it bricked ? It wasn't the dstwoupdateb.dat method though, so it shouldn't have caused problems).

I then tried the SCDSTwo on the 3DS: the card is not detected, nothing is showing. Immediately tried it again on the NDS Lite (v5), the SCDSTwo is no longer detected on it too, even after several attempts (turning it off and on, removing the micro-SD and putting it back, etc).

-

Tried the dstwoupdateb.dat method (even if I can't launch it, just left it at the NDS Lite boot menu for 10 min), no change.

Tried formatting it with SD Formatter 3.0, putting a fresh EOS v1.11 and 1.23 firmware update, NDS Lite boot, no change (still nothing is detected).

Tried dstwo_load_NDSL.nds (using a 'Ninjapass Evolution X9 DS' flash card), it won't detect the SCDSTwo when inserted (I press B but nothing is happening).

Tried all previous methods with the 1.19 firmware dstwoupdate.dat, no change (still not detected).

Tried all previous methods by inserting the card before booting the 3DS/DS Lite, and after booting the 3DS/DS Lite, no change.

-

It seems the SCDSTwo is bricked for good, however I'm still ready to try anything wild (it's already dead anyway). If you have any other ideas, please let me know :)

rg

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I just went trough a battle that may be wort adding to your guide:

How to upgrade Fish Tycoon Dstwo to higher firmware:

Issue: Fishtycoon firmware does not load up the latests EOS instead it really boots the FISH TYCOON game!!

Solution: Setup your card with a lower EOS version: only version that booted and detected the dstwoupdate.dat file was version DSTWO v1.11_0323

Reactions: Aeter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo