Hacking The SuperCard DSTWO Beginner's Guide: How to Setup the DSTWO

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured. Oh, class 4? Eww. :P I'm actually planning on getting a 64gb card and formatting it to fat32 since I read that it would work. I actually have a spare 32gb card I can use until I see a 64gb card in my price range.

Oh, by the way the two GBA cheat links are dead.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[...] Does this support loading archived games? Or do they need to be in their raw format? Not just for DS games either, I'm also interested to know if any emulators support archives. [...]
DS games have to be uncompressed. However, you can use something like DS2Compress to compress or decompress them yourself on the card, or BassAceGold's BAGPlug/BAGMenu if you want automatic extraction of one game at a time.

GBA and SNES games can be zipped. However, 32 MB GBA games are extracted to the card first.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DGenerateKane post: 4651247 said:
I figured. Oh, class 4? Eww. :P I'm actually planning on getting a 64gb card and formatting it to fat32 since I read that it would work. I actually have a spare 32gb card I can use until I see a 64gb card in my price range.

Oh, by the way the two GBA cheat links are dead.
64 gb is sdxc and is not supported by any flashcard. And who needs 64 gb, that's total overkill and rather a waste of money.
8 gb is more than sufficient for a ds flashcard flashcard.
And on filetrip.net you can find the gba cheatpack.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I figured. Oh, class 4? Eww. :P
The slot-1 bandwidth of the DS is a limit, going to class-10 or something is wasted money for DS games as the Slot-1 bottleneck is always going to be there. A decent class-4 or Class-6 is fine for playing DS games, you're not going to get increased load times or anything by going faster.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
64 gb is sdxc and is not supported by any flashcard. And who needs 64 gb, that's total overkill and rather a waste of money.
8 gb is more than sufficient for a ds flashcard flashcard.
And on filetrip.net you can find the gba cheatpack.

This tutorial says otherwise: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/

Oh, thanks for pointing me to filetrip for the cheat pack.

The slot-1 bandwidth of the DS is a limit, going to class-10 or something is wasted money for DS games as the Slot-1 bottleneck is always going to be there. A decent class-4 or Class-6 is fine for playing DS games, you're not going to get increased load times or anything by going faster.

I wondered if there would be a bottleneck.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Hm..GBA and SNES smulators are not that good :/ i mean you can play the games, thats true, but can you enjoy them? i say no. i think EZflash 3in1 is the way to go if you want GBA on DS (and best of all, it's not emulation like NDSGBA)

As far as DS games goes, i am more than happy! :D
But i think that they looks better on DS than on 3DS.. and also, 3DS controls are weird except when you are playing, for example, Super mario 64 DS where you can use Crcle-Pad instead of + pad, like on DS

:yaynds:

edit: I go mine DSTWO from http://nds-card.com/ and they are lightning fast and frendly, and respond to emails also lightning fast!

cigsthecat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have a question about some basic organization of the DSTwo.

When I first put a bunch of emulators on the card, I gave each of them their own folder. This was before I realized that you could put them in the "plugin" folder and have them each show up in the rotating menu thing.

After I had downloaded the plugins from the wiki here, nesDS started to crash on loading a new rom. I discovered that was because it wanted the config file that came with the emulator download, not the "plugin" download. Now my card setup looks like this:

supercard_folder.jpg

and my plugin folder looks like this:

dstwo_plugin folder.jpg

As you can see, the lameboy and snemul emulators have two config files. Should I delete the two config files in the root and just make sure that the config files in the plugins folder are the proper ones?

cigsthecat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I see that I'm confusing two different types of files, .ini files and .cfg files. If an emulator comes with a .cfg file, that needs to be placed in the root (right? can it go in the plugin folder?). If an emulator comes with it's own .ini, then that should be used instead of the one from the wiki.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I see that I'm confusing two different types of files, .ini files and .cfg files. If an emulator comes with a .cfg file, that needs to be placed in the root (right? can it go in the plugin folder?). If an emulator comes with it's own .ini, then that should be used instead of the one from the wiki.
Your setup is correct as is.
You might want to try TEMPGBA, CATSFC and GameYob, respectively a new and improved gba, snes and gb/gbc emulator.

Corrosive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to download the new EOS each time there's an official nintendo update, or just the DStwo firmware? Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I always get so confused with this and so far i've done a fresh install each and every time, pretty tedious as you could expect.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to download the new EOS each time there's an official nintendo update, or just the DStwo firmware? Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I always get so confused with this and so far i've done a fresh install each and every time, pretty tedious as you could expect.
If you're on a 3DS, you just need to update the Firmware when Nintendo releases a 3DS firmware update that's blocked the DSTWO. You can see when an update blocks flashcarts on Pong's website.

EOS updates are just for features improvements or DSi compatibility updates (which don't happen anymore). If you want to update EOS, just overwrite the files in your installation with the new ones, no need to start from scratch.

Reactions: Corrosive

jcflox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All - Got a DSTwo on Monday and trying to get it all running...it ALMOST works great.

My problem is related to the in-game/real-time menu...it just won't come up at all...like it's permanently stuck in 'clean' mode vs 'patch' mode. I tried the default keystrokes (R+L+start and R+L+select), tried editing the required keystrokes to new ones via the Start menu...neither worked.

I verified all the physical buttons work...I have downloaded the 1.19 and 1.20 firmwares for the DSTwo, neither helped.

The latest EOS 1.11 is installed...My unit is a DSi XL and I updated to the 1.4.5U system version today also.

My latest attempt was to start clean and install the iMenu package, but it's still not working.

I google'd all day today trying to find a solution...something just seems strange about this problem.

Any help is appreciated - Jesse

EDIT: Figured it out...hotkeys don't work for NES or SNES emulation...

Gnat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
DSTWO graphics issues on 3DS XL

Did anyone try the NDS Mario 64 game on DSTWO in a 3DS XL?
When I do, there are some annoying graphics glitches: part of the image (+/- bottom 10% of the top screen) is repeated on the top screen below the expected image.
This does not happen when I plug the DSTWO in my old DS Lite.

Anyone else noticed this or knows how to fix this?

Havent tested many games yet, the Spongebob cooking game that also uses some sort 3D engine has the same problem. 2D games seem to work fine.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Try the alternative hotkey combination or try different hotkey configurations.

So you think it should work? OK, i'l try! :)
DSTWO graphics issues on 3DS XL

Did anyone try the NDS Mario 64 game on DSTWO in a 3DS XL?
When I do, there are some annoying graphics glitches: part of the image (+/- bottom 10% of the top screen) is repeated on the top screen below the expected image.
This does not happen when I plug the DSTWO in my old DS Lite.

Anyone else noticed this or knows how to fix this?

Havent tested many games yet, the Spongebob cooking game that also uses some sort 3D engine has the same problem. 2D games seem to work fine.
Yeah, it does happen on 3DS (original or XL.. i have original).
When that happens i turn OFF than ON my 3DS and it's OK again.

But yeah, astrange things are happening when you put DStwo into 3DS.
DS lite doesn't have problems whatsoever with DStwo..for me.

Moncicci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
Have new card
Tell me if I'm wrong
I take latest firmware 1.20 and last eos 24 12 2012, load everything on the micro sd and update

This patch is obligative ?

DSTWO v1.11_2012_1212 (12/24/2012)
Fixed for
Supports DSi 1.4.5x & 1.4.6c
Fixed for 5850 Pokemon Conquest (USA)

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have new card
Tell me if I'm wrong
I take latest firmware 1.20 and last eos 24 12 2012, load everything on the micro sd and update

This patch is obligative ?

DSTWO v1.11_2012_1212 (12/24/2012)
Fixed for
Supports DSi 1.4.5x & 1.4.6c
Fixed for 5850 Pokemon Conquest (USA)
The latest update is not mandatory, it's just for 3DSes. If you play Pokémon Conquest, though, you need it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1