The same game is on Wii U and PS4. Which do you get?

Which console should I get Lego Dimensions on?

• PS4

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Wii U

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Title pretty much says it all.

I have both a PS4 and a Wii U. I bought the former when I realised the latter just wasn't cutting it (no good gaems)

That said, the game in question is Lego Dimensions which is on both consoles. Which do I get and why?

Instinct says PS4 because it's probably easier to handle in terms of DLC and updates because PSN actually works unlike the really clunky eShop. But on the other hand I'm wondering what I'd miss out on by not being able to use the gamepad.

I've included a poll but if you've voted please elaborate in a reply to this thread. Thanks, let's get this discussion started

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Say, does the Nintendo version have any exclusive content? If it doesn't then go with PS4. Chances are the port is better as well as with more support.

D

Deleted User

PS4. 'Nuff said.

The Wii U is lacking in popularity and support. That's why the popular console gets targeted more.

Last edited by ,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I honestly can't think of any reason to ever get a multiplatform game on the Wii U unless it's the only console you have.

In terms of the actual game you're considering, apparently LEGO Dimensions has quite a few technical problems on the Wii U version, mostly performance related. So PS4 would be the better choice in this particular case.

Nintendo Life said:
On the Wii U, however, we do have some technical complaints. First, while local co-op play is nicely implemented (one player on the TV and another on the GamePad) it suffers from poor performance, with the framerate dropping as the Wii U tries to run two separate views. Matters improve - thankfully - in single player, yet there are still performance inconsistencies. Some levels ran smoothly when we'd anticipated issues, while others struggled badly despite there being minimal effects and draw distance on display. It feels, at times, that each level was tackled by a separate team, with a few not quite getting the most out of the hardware. Performance is never bad enough to be unplayable, but Wii U owners need to be prepared for a chugging framerate on occasion.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I honestly can't think of any reason to ever get a multiplatform game on the Wii U unless it's the only console you have.

In terms of the actual game you're considering, apparently LEGO Dimensions has quite a few technical problems on the Wii U version, mostly performance related. So PS4 would be the better choice in this particular case.
Could they not simply disable one of the screens (GamePad) to have better performance? Tropical Freeze had the GamePad turned "off".

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only reasons I could think of is if you only have a Wii U or you don't have multiple PS4 controllers for multiplayer and don't feel like buying more. I don't have a PS4 or X1 nor do I intend to get them because most games for them end up on PC anyway. I did have a Wii U briefly, but that was kind of expensive for a whole three games, so I sold it and and will buy another when I can buy one cheaper than what I sold mine for (I'm fine waiting ten years if need be). Luckily, I'm not concerned about the lego games, though I can understand why they didn't port it to PC.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A quick google learned me that the gamepad on the wiiu is used for co-op, but that gameplay stutters even on single-player. As such, my vote goes to...

...pirating the wiiu version. :tpi:

Nah, just kidding. I'd go with PS4 if I had one.
EDIT: to clarify: I mean: if I had both (I already have a wiiu), and wanted to buy this particular game.

Last edited by Taleweaver,
D

Deleted User

I'd do PS4 because of better performance unless your obsessed with the gamepad.
You can trust me because of my name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o