Gaming The PSP FAQs thread!

selvetarm

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
War said:
@selvetarm: That's very strange, indeed. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps you don't have the necessary drivers installed. I would recommend going here

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=20983

And downloading the thing that says PSP Type B driver English version.... download, unrar, install, reset the computer, then try plugging in the PSP and see what happens.

Another reason could be that the memory card is fake... where did you buy it? Have you tried using a different memory card? Have you tried using a different computer?

I downloaded the drivers but they made no difference. I brought the memory stick from the same electronics and game store that I brought my PSP at. I have not yet had the opportunity to test this out on another computer though I will do that later today. My PSP is a phat and several years old now, and so is the Memory stick, perhaps it is just age? I will by a new USB cable tomorrow as I have had trouble with faulty USB cables in the past (though never this precise issue). And... I will try to test a different Memory stick if I can get the opportunity. Thank you very much for your help though!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
selvetarm said:
War said:
@selvetarm: That's very strange, indeed. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps you don't have the necessary drivers installed. I would recommend going here

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=20983

And downloading the thing that says PSP Type B driver English version.... download, unrar, install, reset the computer, then try plugging in the PSP and see what happens.

Another reason could be that the memory card is fake... where did you buy it? Have you tried using a different memory card? Have you tried using a different computer?

I downloaded the drivers but they made no difference. I brought the memory stick from the same electronics and game store that I brought my PSP at. I have not yet had the opportunity to test this out on another computer though I will do that later today. My PSP is a phat and several years old now, and so is the Memory stick, perhaps it is just age? I will by a new USB cable tomorrow as I have had trouble with faulty USB cables in the past (though never this precise issue). And... I will try to test a different Memory stick if I can get the opportunity. Thank you very much for your help though!
Yeah, it might just be age. If a new memory card doesn't work, then try a different USB cable, or a different computer. If all of those fail, then I'm at a loss.

Stryker412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a good tut somewhere on converting ps1 games to psp eboots? I have PSX2PSP 1.42 but not sure which popsloader I need.

I'm running 5.0 m33-4

Stryker412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
It's quite simple really... just load up the iso, select a folder where the output file while go, then click convert. That's about it.

I'm doing that but I keep getting an error on convert with popstation.dll.

Stryker412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seven said:
Try using this: http://files.filefront.com/PsGUI300betarar...;/fileinfo.html

I haven't had any problems with it so far.

I took the iso I made and used your program. Everything worked without error. I put the folder it created into the PSP/Game folder but when I go to launch the game it just sits at a black screen after the PS1 logo.

It took a 500MB ISO and made a 26MB eboot, that doesn't sound right.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, that's definitely incorrect. It should be about the same size, I believe.

Here's a quick tut:

In Theme Mode of PSX2PSP open the Convert Menu. Under ISO/PBP File navigate to where you saved your ISO. PSX2PSP should automatically fill in the Game and Save titles and IDs.
(NOTE: If you are converting a multi-disc game make sure you use the same Save ID on each discs EBOOT.)

Under Output PBP folder navigate to where you want your EBOOT.PBP to be saved after conversion.
From here if you do not wish to customize the EBOOT.PBP menu you can click the Convert button and your playable EBOOT will be created.

If you do wish to customize your menu open the Customize PBP Menu.
Here you can choose which graphics are used for the icon and menu, more specific information will be added for this later.

After you have chosen the graphics you wish to use for your converted PSone game close the Customize PBP Menu and hit the Convert button on the Convert Menu.
Now copy your completed game folder to your PSP memory stick under X:\PSP\Game\
You are now able to play your favorite PSone game on your PSP!

Stryker412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Yeah, that's definitely incorrect. It should be about the same size, I believe.

Here's a quick tut:

In Theme Mode of PSX2PSP open the Convert Menu. Under ISO/PBP File navigate to where you saved your ISO. PSX2PSP should automatically fill in the Game and Save titles and IDs.
(NOTE: If you are converting a multi-disc game make sure you use the same Save ID on each discs EBOOT.)

Under Output PBP folder navigate to where you want your EBOOT.PBP to be saved after conversion.
From here if you do not wish to customize the EBOOT.PBP menu you can click the Convert button and your playable EBOOT will be created.

If you do wish to customize your menu open the Customize PBP Menu.
Here you can choose which graphics are used for the icon and menu, more specific information will be added for this later.

After you have chosen the graphics you wish to use for your converted PSone game close the Customize PBP Menu and hit the Convert button on the Convert Menu.
Now copy your completed game folder to your PSP memory stick under X:\PSP\Game\
You are now able to play your favorite PSone game on your PSP!

That's what I did, but when using PSX2PSP it crashes.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
@ DarkLord: That's a very basic question. There's no set size for an .iso to be. The size of the iso depends on the game. For example, Chrono Trigger is below 1Gb, while Final Fantasy VIII is a little over 2Gb.

@Stryker: Then you need to do what I said and download PSX2PSP from somewhere else. I remember my best friend kept getting an error too, then I just sent him the one I use and it worked fine. If you want, I'll upload it and send it to you too, but you'll have to wait a couple hours until I get home.

Stryker412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
@ DarkLord: That's a very basic question. There's no set size for an .iso to be. The size of the iso depends on the game. For example, Chrono Trigger is below 1Gb, while Final Fantasy VIII is a little over 2Gb.

@Stryker: Then you need to do what I said and download PSX2PSP from somewhere else. I remember my best friend kept getting an error too, then I just sent him the one I use and it worked fine. If you want, I'll upload it and send it to you too, but you'll have to wait a couple hours until I get home.

I appreciate that. Can we take this to PM, I don't want to keep hijacking the thread.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use IceTea for my PSX eboots and haven't had a problem yet, but to each his own. *shrug*

Forgot to mention, everything works fine now, so thanks for all the help. =P

One more question. I see people make their own PSP themes, therefore I presume there is a program for doing this. Which is the best to do so? If at the very least, I would like to see what all I've had to do to get it looking the way I absolutely want it. This applies to both CTF and PTF files, which I assume require two different programs to get working.

Thanks again.

TannyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a pandora battery today, so I went to buy a nice PSP. Unfortunately, I hadn't read about the mobo TA-88v3 before, so I ended up with one of those. Luckily I could return it and get my money back. Having read up on the mobo's on this forum, I went to check out the Daxter Limited Edition pack at Best Buy. Turns out, the Daxter Limited Edition Pack comes with the non-hackable PSP 3000 now. They put that on the back of the box, so I didnt buy it.
CANCEL THAT, IM AN IDIOT, IT WAS THE RATCHET PACK

Anyone know a good idea to get a moddable PSP these days? Oh, and a slim one too, since I got a slim pandora battery
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...