Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Lol, "more powerful than the DS." Right. And I'm guessing it'll have no-glasses 3D, a touch screen, 3G, and dual analog sticks as well?

Robert Pelloni is just another troll who seeks attention in the worst ways possible.

D

Deleted User

Rydian said:
Hesitant to move it until it's proven to just be an attempt at a viral joke.
Of Course it is a joke. Pelloni is not to be trusted. A Quick look at their site shows a 5-minute-made Wiki, 5-minute-half-arsed-open-source-SDK mention- the most complete thing was the PayPal button.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
UselessHomebrew had a 5-minute presentation, but that doesn't mean it was fake.
tongue.gif

Last I checked you didn't need a completely-custom wiki setup to be producing a hardware device. In fact last I checked the two were separate projects, and time spent working on one is not time spent working on another.

I'm not moving it without proof.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after checking out the forum it seems like it's legit, but they're really just trying to get developers (edit: and investors) on board, not hype it up for people to buy

but i've never heard of bob before, seems he has a record of not going through with his projects

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rydian said:
UselessHomebrew had a 5-minute presentation, but that doesn't mean it was fake.
tongue.gif
There was still more proof that that still exists. Yet there isn't even one picture of this system he is working, not even one picture of the case. Just telling people it's real with no solid evidence after this long working on it, just makes it look even faker than before.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
This is fake. I'm not doubting there couldn't be an indie console that costs $20 in hardware but labour costs would push it up due to the small runs. He's made this entire advert as if he has it ready to sell, which he obviously doesn't. Its just dumb.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rydian said:
The case design is often one of the last things finalized.
Fair enough, still want to see something more than a poorly animated video saying it's real. I can do the same thing right now and it still doesn't make it real. He has proven time and time again that he isn't going finish anything and is just an attention whore, plain and simple.

D

Deleted User

Jamstruth said:
This is fake. I'm not doubting there couldn't be an indie console that costs $20 in hardware but labour costs would push it up due to the small runs. He's made this entire advert as if he has it ready to sell, which he obviously doesn't. Its just dumb.
notice how it seems so much (the voiceover) like the Nintendo 3DS one.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
No investors, no specs, but already a price? Sorry guys, that's not how these things work. The pandora for example took a very long time to price for a good reason.

I bet Robert is going going to come out later and say "hahaha you all bought into the hype and clicked digg so many times! it's really a fake project to generate hype and you fell for it AGAIN!"

I would love to be wrong, but yeah right.

ultimate.fake.ac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was looking over the Bob's Game Wikipedia page and noticed that it listed the nD as only $10. I had never heard of Robert Pelloni until now, he seems to cause a lot of trouble.

wikipedia said:
At approximately midday on March 4th, 2011 (USA Eastern Time),bobsgame.com was updated with a video showing a new portable console called the nD that would be sold for $10

EDIT: Oh, I guess it lists the nD as *possibly* $10 on the nD homepage as well. Sold at cost.

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
they updated with cpu specs....

QUOTE said:
i’ll let you in on a secret- our prototype is currently using a 400mhz CPU.
for comparison, a Nintendo® Game Boy Advance™ uses a 16mhz CPU, a Nintendo® DS™ uses a 66mhz CPU (and a 33mhz one), and a Sony® Playstation Portable™ uses a 333mhz CPU.

that was in 2004. this is 2011!

the nD has a higher resolution screen (320 x 240) than the Nintendo® DS™ (256 x 192) and a CPU possibly more than four times faster.
of course, we can’t promise this will be the final specification until we’ve secured enough supply. it’s possible we’ll end up with something 200 or 300 mhz. (still much faster!)
the point is, the nD truly is a new generation of more powerful 16-bit games.
it can certainly handle some 3D as well! however, we would rather see some really awesome higher-resolution 2D titles!

whoa! don’t believe this is possible? think again!

dozens of cheap handhelds have existed for years- but none of them have had the power of an open Game Store, nor an indie-developer following like the nD, nor a hardware design by someone who truly appreciates games- and they have NEVER been sold at cost.
that means they’re making a profit on these devices, even at this price point! we’re not, so we can squeeze in the best possible hardware.

as we said: due to the rise of smartphones, the prices of mobile components have dropped exponentially in the past year or two.
as an example, here is a system-on-a-chip on Digikey, clocked at 454mhz, for six dollars retail.
of course, this is a mainstream, public, middle-man supply website. prices in bulk directly from the manufacturer are significantly lower!

we are currently in talks with venture capital firms for batch manufacturing the nD- stay tuned!

from here: http://the-nd.com/news/2011/06/12/your-bod...t-is-your-mind/

idk what to think. hmmmm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work