Why?

• Total voters

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since my PC is probably considered low spec by most...

Motherboard: dell m5dcd motherboard
RAM: 2x HYNIX 4GB 2RX8 PC3 10600U for a total of 8GB of RAM
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400s @ 2.50 GHz (upgrade from my old Intel Core i3-2120 @ 3.30 GHz)
GPU: MSI GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 Low Profile PCI-Express Video Card
Storage: 1x 1TB HDD and 1x 2TB HDD
VR Support: Trinus VR software + plastic Google Cardboard headset + gyroscopic mouse

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Since my PC is probably considered low spec by most...
VR Support: Trinus VR software + plastic Google Cardboard headset + gyroscopic mouse

I dare you to find someone that says that a pc with VR support it's low spec. that PC looks more like a middle/standar spec for today

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dare you to find someone that says that a pc with VR support it's low spec. that PC looks more like a middle/standar spec for today

My machine might not be as VR worthy as most. Besides I'm achieving "VR" with a mobile phone, a 9ft micro USB cable, Trinus VR software, a plastic Google Cardboard headset and a gyro mouse attached to the top of it. As far as being mid range, I can run most game at high to max settings in 720p. I'd say my PC is in between a Switch and the first model XBox One, closer to that XBox One.

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My machine might not be as VR worthy as most. Besides I'm achieving "VR" with a mobile phone, a 9ft micro USB cable, Trinus VR software, a plastic Google Cardboard headset and a gyro mouse attached to the top of it. As far as being mid range, I can run most game at high to max settings in 720p. I'd say my PC is in between a Switch and the first model XBox One, closer to that XBox One.
even so, I not consider your PC a low spec one. if you go 5 years back, it was good. but if you go 5 years back with another PC of this thread, it still being a crappy machine (mainly)

D

Deleted User

Having played Halo and Infinite Warfare. Infinite Warfare is literally just Halo with Jetpacks, OSK weapons, a loadout system and supers.

Spare me that crap. They're two different games. If you're stuck in them being class-based shooters with cheesy one-liners then you probably should find a new hobby. Using such a loose comparison is absolutely terrible.
Mr. Point out age to try to win an argument strikes again.
Somebody didn't no-life both games, If you don't know then don't contribute.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Having played Halo and Infinite Warfare. Infinite Warfare is literally just Halo with Jetpacks, OSK weapons, a loadout system and supers.

Spare me that crap. They're two different games. If you're stuck in them being class-based shooters with cheesy one-liners then you probably should find a new hobby. Using such a loose comparison is absolutely terrible.
You just went full fanboy. Never go full fanboy. /topicjack

AMD Phenom II x4
4GB DDR2
500GB Sata HD
NVIDIA 640GT
Windows 8.1 dual booting Kali Linux

my desktop that I built for my wife used for internet browsing and playing The Sims on.

What does your wife need Kali Linux for? Part of me wants to say "hacking FarmVille" but that'd be too crass. ;)

Reactions: Deleted User

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I went mad with power with my ryzen build, I was using a i5 4670, 8gb ddr3 1333mhz, a gtx 960, and the cheapest motherboard I could find. Now I'm rocking a Ryzen 1600, 32gb ddr4 OC'd to 2800mhz, a rx 580 8gb, and a x370 board.

flingrocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I work with a number of PC's, but the lowest-end PC I have still in service is this 2000-era machine, sort of a retro rig. It's used now for running old DOS and low-powered Windows games, as well as for serial/parallel-connected homebuilt hardware.

OS1: Windows 98SE, extended with KernelEx (run Win 2000/XP/Vista applications)
OS2: MS-DOS 7.1, extended with HX-DOS (run Win32-PE console programs)
CPU: Intel Pentium III 600MHz
GPU: NVIDIA TNT2 Vanta 128
RAM: 256MB SDRAM 133MHz
HDD: 120GB

Equipped with:
- Wireless/wired LAN card
- SBPro-compatible sound card, optical outs
- MIDI/Game Port (using for traditional joysticks & R/C transmitters)
- Capture/Tuner card
- Serial Ports
- Parallel Port
- USB 2.0 Ports
- DVD Burner (earliest available)
- 3.5" Floppy
- Zip Drive (so hip!)

Last edited by flingrocks,

dAVID_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I work with a number of PC's, but the lowest-end PC I have still in service is this 2000-era machine, sort of a retro rig. It's used now for running old DOS and low-powered Windows games, as well as for serial/parallel-connected homebuilt hardware.

OS1: Windows 98SE, extended with KernelEx (run Win 2000/XP/Vista applications)
OS2: MS-DOS 7.1, extended with HX-DOS (run Win32-PE console programs)
CPU: Intel Pentium III 600MHz
GPU: NVIDIA TNT2 Vanta 128
RAM: 256MB SDRAM 133MHz
HDD: 120GB

Equipped with:
- Wireless/wired LAN card
- SBPro-compatible sound card
- MIDI/Game Port (using for traditional joysticks & R/C transmitters)
- Serial Ports
- Parallel Port
- USB 2.0 Ports
- DVD Burner (earliest available)
- 3.5" Floppy
- Zip Drive (so hip!)
We're talking about PCs that are underpowered but you have no choice but to use them.
Not those old DOS computers you still have in your garage.

flingrocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get ya. Can't get much lower than that for a computer still in use, but its a necessary evil for the job. Couldn't replace it. Still, it can run such games as Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Call of Duty, Metal of Honor, Drakan, Quake 3, Unreal, GTA VC and Counter-Strike. Missed the mark for Halo though. Marathon anyone?

How about some better [low] specs:
CPU: 4th-gen Intel Core i7 quad-core @2.4GHz
GPU: GeForce GT 640 :shit:
RAM: 8GB DDR3 (OS wants at least 4GB)
HDD: 1TB 5200RPM SATA + 128GB SSD
Yes, able to run Crysis 3. Has a high risk of overheating, and possibility of melting the power supply. Let's hope not.

Last edited by flingrocks,

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
uF72cel.png

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know if my laptop counts as low spec since its from 2013 but it still runs pretty much anything smoothly.

Acer Aspire E1-571G
Intel Core i5 3230M 3.2GHZ
8GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 710M 1GB VRAM + Intel HD 4000
750GB 5200RPM HDD
Windows 10 Pro x64

dAVID_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know if my laptop counts as low spec since its from 2013 but it still runs pretty much anything smoothly.

Acer Aspire E1-571G
Intel Core i5 3230M 3.2GHZ
8GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 710M 1GB VRAM + Intel HD 4000
750GB 5200RPM HDD
Windows 10 Pro x64
Decent.

D

Deleted-379826

My main desktop contains absolutely amazing specs! I rock an Intel Core 2-something (Dual Core), 4 GB DDR3 RAM, and Intel HD Graphics 2000. :toot:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu