My Windows 7 is dark, but luminosity is set to max value???

Jemigax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
As the title states, I encounter a problem with my Windows 7.
Here are listed categories, and their inside stuff:

ABOUT THE PC

PC: Windows 7 Ultimate (with SP1)
System type: 64 bits (x64)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M350 @ 2.27 GHz 2.27 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Graphic Card (Normally): ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 | Graphics 512MB
Activated: Yes

ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE THE PROBLEM

My PC had, as a graphic driver, something called "VGA". This, is not the graphic card installed on my laptop (physically) at all. So, I went to the original AMD drivers website, and I downloaded the graphic card driver for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470. Now that I installed it, when I boot my PC, the screen is black... or seems to be. If I focus enough and put my head on the screen, along with a pocket lamp, I can see a little bit the screen.

WHAT I TRIED TO DO

I tried firstly to go search for luminosity in control panel, and it's maxed out.
Then, I uninstalled the driver. Works, but I am stuck with VGA again. So, second installation of the driver, again.
I thought that perhaps if I use an HDMI cable and try to show my laptop's screen on the TV, it will actually work. Guess what? It works. So, here I am, asking help, with my TV as a screen.

WHAT I AM ASKING FOR HELP FOR

I, please, ask of any one of you looking at this text, to please find a solution to this problem. I need to use the AMD driver, without having a very dark screen. Isn't there any software for exemple, that could artificially put the luminosity level to 200% or anything like that?
Thanks for reading.
Regards,
-Laiks.

P.S.: Yes, I know it's a potato PC, but it actually is pretty strong with the AMD graphic driver only.
There was such a problem, just a bug

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
for some explanation : on older laptops like those the drivers where often custom tailored by the constructor to work for a specific model, which make bare official drivers have issue running as expected

for exemple i have an old 11" alienware laptop from around 2010, it had a function that allowed me to switch between integrated graphics and dedicated gpu, it wouldnt do it automatically, it had to be manually toggled, and if i were to install normal nvidia drivers it would broke, it needed to be those specific constructor drivers that were very outdated, but essential for it to work properly

nowadays most laptop can accept standards drivers,due to difference in architectures and whatnot, but itcan be a pain to maintain older ones :s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...