Hacking The Legend of Zelda BOTW DEMO being copied to an SD card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Demo is streamed to WiiU. You do not require access to WiiU to get game. Only server....
f5236fb0-7e53-0132-1d85-0a2c89e5f2f5.gif

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh...

Nintendo is not stupid to risk console become stolen during transport or showing. Safer to not have "physically" content.

Perhaps I say too much lol

Edit: Similar thing is done in Japanese event before... Cannot remember. Many year ago.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh...

Nintendo is not stupid to risk console become stolen during transport or showing. Safer to not have "physically" content.

But what if the server goes down, or, as you said, someone captures packets as they're being sent to the Wii U? I'm not saying your wrong, but I AM saying that's a stupidly badly planned move

Reactions: JustAKirby

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Oh...

That's actually plausible, still if the rumours are true, it's not really plausible to stream a 16 gb file to 30 Wii U's

TheDylantula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh...

Edit: Similar thing is done in Japanese event before... Cannot remember. Many year ago.
But they surely know we have network based dumping hacks, I doubt Nintendo would put it over a network with that knowledge.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
But what if the server goes down, or, as you said, someone captures packets as they're being sent to the Wii U? I'm not saying your wrong, but I AM saying that's a stupidly badly planned move
That is actually the most likely way Nintendo has it set up, and the units are in PCFS mode, which plays all the files off of a PC. I know that some years ago, there was a game stolen at an event like E3, because the person gained access to the PC that had the game files. They were Xbox 360 units that played the game over the network, and @Katsumi San is absolutely correct that they couldn't risk one of their units getting stolen. Most demos and games at these types of events are served that way from a PC to the end units.

Last edited by brienj,
Reactions: Baphomet
D

Deleted-379826

On mobile so can't link it but something about Ryan wasting time?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
oh you're following him? And now I see the full thing lol wait so that's bad right?
It's not really a sensitive tweet and the info is already out there so

EDIT: Totally misread your post, he wasted 3 hours he could've spent dumping assets.

Last edited by astronautlevel,
Reactions: TheDylantula

jc5504

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just list a few reasons
  • Huge egg-on. Will do anything just to get on people's nerves
  • Will steal other's work and call it his just for the sake of attention
  • Pirate with no morality. Literally pirates for the sake of pirating
  • In the past has publicly (as in broadcasted on Miiverse. Yes, that publicly) used hacks that should have been private that he obtained illegitimately, resulting in a patch from Nintendo
  • Is "that guy" who will post a 0:00:00.1 time on a Mario Kart 8 time trial just so his time will never be beat
Is profanity allowed in this forum? F*** that guy

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
But they surely know we have network based dumping hacks, I doubt Nintendo would put it over a network with that knowledge.
I like to be 100% behind with your saying, but Nintendo is not so good(up to date? with network technology. They always are slow? Many past experience can show...

Also perhaps it is not right to say server, maybe servers? They have many WiiU console and to easy server load..

Sorry perhaps I am just a woman who spends too much time reading hacking boards =P

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I like to be 100% behind with your saying, but Nintendo is not so good(up to date? with network technology. They always are slow? Many past experience can show...

Also perhaps it is not right to say server, maybe servers? They have many WiiU console and to easy server load..

Sorry perhaps I am just a woman who spends too much time reading hacking boards =P
Nah, you're fine. Your English is a bit off so you're probably not saying it the best way but what you're saying certainly lines up with what I know.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually that's a pretty good explanation, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag