The BIG Skyrim Thread

Which platform will you get this game for?

• PC

Votes: 94 57.3%

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • PS3

Votes: 31 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
i think i will pass on the gameplay trailer, i don't want anymore spoilers prior to release date, i want a fresh experience so i can salvage the moment
smile.gif
I felt immersed just watching the gameplay trailers.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Skyrim DLC to have more of an 'expansion pack feel'

QUOTE said:
They say you can't have too much of a good thing, but Bethesda certainly put that to the test with its seemingly unending releases of downloadable content for Fallout 3. Project lead Todd Howard said that the developer has learned its lesson, and those who play the studio's next game, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, should expect heartier, less frequent updates.

"Right now I can say that we'd like to do less DLC but bigger ones -- you know, more substantial," he told AusGamers. "The Fallout 3 pace that we did was very chaotic. We did a lot of them -- we had two overlapping groups -- and we don't know what we're going to make yet, but we'd like them to be closer to an expansion pack feel."

In short, expect huge horse armor collections this time around, in every size, shape and hue imaginable.

I liked the Oblivion DLC though, Shivering Isles was enjoyable
smile.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Skyrim DLC to have more of an 'expansion pack feel'

QUOTE said:
They say you can't have too much of a good thing, but Bethesda certainly put that to the test with its seemingly unending releases of downloadable content for Fallout 3. Project lead Todd Howard said that the developer has learned its lesson, and those who play the studio's next game, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, should expect heartier, less frequent updates.

"Right now I can say that we'd like to do less DLC but bigger ones -- you know, more substantial," he told AusGamers. "The Fallout 3 pace that we did was very chaotic. We did a lot of them -- we had two overlapping groups -- and we don't know what we're going to make yet, but we'd like them to be closer to an expansion pack feel."

In short, expect huge horse armor collections this time around, in every size, shape and hue imaginable.

I liked the Oblivion DLC though, Shivering Isles was enjoyable
smile.gif
Looks like we're going to be getting a lot more Shivering Isle-esque DLC, then. And I'm thoroughly psyched
smile.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I really want to know is one of my BIGGEST gripes with Oblivion. I want to know if when you steal a key, can the person still open their doors? That happened in Oblivion and even though they no longer had a key, they still entered places without them.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
machomuu said:
What I really want to know is one of my BIGGEST gripes with Oblivion. I want to know if when you steal a key, can the person still open their doors? That happened in Oblivion and even though they no longer had a key, they still entered places without them.

There's probably a mod out there for that. Try asking it on TESNexus and it's fixed.

Of what you also could do is just open the console (² button) and click on any door and type 'lock 90'
That locks the door in a 99 degree of complexity. I think that should do it, they won't be able to go in that door again.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really hope the info i got from a friend about skyrim having way less roleplay elements and more "click your enemy to death" is wrong ...

the grafic looks really good but if its only a good looking boring game it would suck bad ...
hope there are still plenty of roleplaying adventure elements, we have more than enough of these stupid action games on consoles and computer already

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Youkai said:
I really hope the info i got from a friend about skyrim having way less roleplay elements and more "click your enemy to death" is wrong ...

the grafic looks really good but if its only a good looking boring game it would suck bad ...
hope there are still plenty of roleplaying adventure elements, we have more than enough of these stupid action games on consoles and computer already

I think Skyrim it's RPG elements will be the same as Oblivion. I'm just going to copy this information over from TESNexus, be sure to read it through. You'll see that the RPG elements are almost the same, or even improved.

QUOTE9. - Character, Leveling, Stats & Skills

* 10 playable races to choose from.
* In-depth character customization that allows to change your character physique, give them a beard, and other more detailed changes to your characters body.
* No More Class Selection - Your class is now determined by which skills you choose to progress and what weapons/spells you choose to use.
* There are 18 skills, down from 21.
* 4 skills are removed: Mysticism, Hand-to-Hand, Acrobatics & Athletics.
* Armorer is replaced by Smithing.
* No Major/Minor Skills to choose from, so every skill increase will contribute to a level-up.
* No Birth Signs.
* Advancing a skill from 30-31 will contribute more to a level-up than advancing a skill from 10-11, making it better to focus on a smaller range of skills.
* You gain a perk every level.
* When leveling up, you can pick stamina-, health- or magic boosts.
* There's a soft level-cap at 50, but you can still level-up after this, but you'll gain no perks. (Highest possible level is estimated to around 75)
* Leveling is faster than in previous games.
* 5 Magic Schools: Destruction, Alteration, Conjuration, Restoration & Illusion.
* There's a total of around 280 Perks (Including Ranks).
* Perks will, among other things, decrease the sound of your footsteps, Disarm enemies, give you access to Unique Special Moves.
* You can Sprint, which drains Stamina.
* Backwards running speed has been reduced, and you can no longer outrun NPCs while running backwards.
* There are three Archetypes: The Warrior, The Mage & The Thief. (You will not choose these, they are merely there for categorizing.)
* Each Archetype have a crafting-skill. The Warrior: Smithing, The Mage: Enchanting, The Thief: Alchemy.
* There are only 3 attributes: Health, Magicka and Stamina

Source

D

Deleted User

I didn't like ES4, but this game looks simply amazing.
I'm hoping my 560Ti +2500k will run it, but if not, I'm going to have to get another for SLI.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just hoping they can get some unique environments in their games... Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 all suffered from having boring places to explore... the main story places were a little better, but pretty much everywhere else looked and felt the same. Not even the lighting differed. It was like, every cave was basically the same as before... New Vegas at least changed up the colors, making places feel more unique, and also explored using different pieces in different ways.

Or at least switch around the textures people, c'mon! It's like a 3D atari in here!

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Latest information I've found:

QUOTE said:
Upper and lower body armor is combined (Greaves and cuirass). This allows for more characters on the screen, better visuals and a lot more armors.
Quests are more like Oblivion's than Fallout 3's, in that there are more, but smaller quests.
Sprinting while wearing heavy armor drains stamina faster than if wearing light armor.
You can make friends by doing things for them, making them act differently, and even join you on adventures.
You can get married, and if you own a house, he/she will move in with you.

There is a set of armor made of (something from) dragons. There is both heavy and light variants of this.
Common armor, like leather and steel will have a more Nordic feel over it.
Enchanting works like in Oblivion, with the exception that it's now a skill and can be improved upon. The effects you can use are also changed, as well as how you learn to use these effects. You learn it by "breaking down" a magic item you find.
Racial movement speed is the same, and is governed by your equipment. Encumbrance is based on your stamina attribute.
There are non-lethal tavern brawls in the game.
Some buildings can be destroyed, but destroyable buildings are rare.
Dragons leaves marks and scars everywhere.
Males and females have different animations, and beast races have some different animations.
There is a sort of Karma system in the game, but there are no numbers. If you have been bad, people will acknowledge this, but no number will indicate this.
The blacksmith's shop includes a forge, a grindstone, and a smithing bench. You can improve your weapons at the grindstone. The higher your skill, the more you can improve them, and the more damage they'll do. Same thing for armor with the smithing bench, only the armor rating gets better. The forge is actually used to create new weapons and armor from raw materials.
The only sounds your character makes are combat grunts and shouts.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I hope you can make the Dark Elfs look younger. (I always picked Dark Elf in Oblivion and Morrowind :3)

Always bothers me in games where they force me to be an old looking man or have shit customizable features (looking at you Fallout New Vegas AND Demon's Souls with your ugly character models).

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone still looks hideous, lol.
Not that it matters when I always wear something over my face.

penly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They would be have to optimize it as to their best ability.
Still, the PC version at highest settings will probably look better lol

D

Deleted User

penly said:
They would be have to optimize it as to their best ability.
Still, the PC version at highest settings will probably look better lol
The pc version at medium will look better than consoles.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The map of Skyrim has apparently been leaked. The develops say it's about the same size of Oblivion, but there's a lot more to do in the world. They 'say' it's about 3 times as big/content as Fallout 3's world.
1318226500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo