The BIG Skyrim Thread

Which platform will you get this game for?

• PC

Votes: 94 57.3%

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • PS3

Votes: 31 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, last time I played there were a bunch of different retexture projects for different weapons :) I don't remember names, but usually there are packs which give higher res textures to all the weapons or weapon sets, or individual weapon textures that you can pick and choose from. Some mods might even have new higher quality models or different models for download! Check out the Skyrim Nexus :)
No thank you. I hate people who say "use the nexus mod manager". Steams mod manager is so much easier. There's nothing easier than just hitting subscribe.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No thank you. I hate people who say "use the nexus mod manager". Steams mod manager is so much easier. There's nothing easier than just hitting subscribe.
Yeah, but Steam's mod service is pretty limited compared to the Nexus, both in user control and the sheer amount of mods available. You could see if a Nexus member uploaded their mods also to the Steam service :/

If you're gonna stick by Steam over Nexus, all I can say is, Good luck finding the mods you'll want :) Nexus is pretty simple to use actually.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, a lot of mod makers pulled their mods out of steam's workshop because of the limitations. Meanwhile nearly every mod in the workshop is over at nexus.

But when I do find things in the workshop, yeah using that is preferred. Just hit subscribe and it's ready to use in-game. (However, the same thing can be said for nexus. Hit download with NMM, it opens Nexus and downloads it. Then just click "enable".)

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I agree, a lot of mod makers pulled their mods out of steam's workshop because of the limitations. Meanwhile nearly every mod in the workshop is over at nexus.

But when I do find things in the workshop, yeah using that is preferred. Just hit subscribe and it's ready to use in-game. (However, the same thing can be said for nexus. Hit download with NMM, it opens Nexus and downloads it. Then just click "enable".)
I can see it's even easier on Steam, but I'd much rather have the Nexus Manager, which is specifically designed for Bethesda games and has access to all up-to-date mods. It's only a few clicks more, and I find it just easier to manager in Nexus Manager

Reactions: pokefloote
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1