Homebrew Terrified to install a9lh on N3DSXL

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really consider myself a noob. While I don't really have much experience with programming, I have a BA in IT systems Lol. I was just nervous like I am before I hack anything I don't have two of haha. I do appreciate all the help. I'm running the "One click setup" now :D. So far all is smooth sailing.

MZ-4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The somewhat scary moment is around 4.II.16 :creep: when the downgraded 2.1 is transferred to SysNAND, since 2.1 cannot be started from Red/EmuNAND as mentioned.
BTW: I always got the black screen B-) when rebooting to 2.1 and SD inside so had to remove SD first temporary.

Hmm, I remember an earlier version of the tutorial where the 2.1-NAND was also stored as a backup file.
The current tutorial seams to leave that out. Is that intentional?
I don't think a backup of the 2.1 might be useful in the future - but I always kept this 2.1-NAND also in the archive.

Congratulations on your successful OTP-stripping and A9LH! :)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The somewhat scary moment is around 4.II.16 :creep: when the downgraded 2.1 is transferred to SysNAND, since 2.1 cannot be started from Red/EmuNAND as mentioned.
BTW: I always got the black screen B-) when rebooting to 2.1 and SD inside so had to remove SD first temporary.

Hmm, I remember an earlier version of the tutorial where the 2.1-NAND was also stored as a backup file.
The current tutorial seams to leave that out. Is that intentional?
I don't think a backup of the 2.1 might be useful in the future - but I always kept this 2.1-NAND also in the archive.

Congratulations on your successful OTP-stripping and A9LH! :)
Yeah, when I was on 2.1 my sysNAND would not boot without taking the SD out, loading the HomeScreen then putting it back. It was weird but whatever, it all worked out better than I had hoped.

Hmm, I never even considered making a backup of 2.1. What could you really do with it other than re-install the firmware to rip the otp you already have? (Genuine curiosity). Thanks for the kudos as well. I just started at step 4 and it was pretty flawless. The longest part was restoring my SD backup so I didn't lose my CIA installs (24GB so it took like an hour).

I do have a question. Since I formatted my sysNAND/emuNAND multiple times when I was using ReiNAND before, there are like 5 (random numbers and letters) files in my N3DS folder but I already flashed my old emuNAND to my new A9LH sysNAND. How do I know which ones to delete? Or not for that matter? I was hoping to de-clutter my SD in the process.

MZ-4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't know, if 2.1 is just worth for getting the OTP only or if an open CFG_SYSPROT9 could be used to get even more hidden stuff.
If so, a 2.1-NAND backup might come in handy.

I asked Plailect about what folders under "Nintendo 3DS" are obsolete and can be deleted.
He told me, that the folder with the biggest contents holds the downloaded games and stuff.
The other folders are only about 64MB and can be deleted.
...since you still got a backup of them on your PC there is little risk to delete them.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know, if 2.1 is just worth for getting the OTP only or if an open CFG_SYSPROT9 could be used to get even more hidden stuff.
If so, a 2.1-NAND backup might come in handy.

I asked Plailect about what folders under "Nintendo 3DS" are obsolete and can be deleted.
He told me, that the folder with the biggest contents holds the downloaded games and stuff.
The other folders are only about 64MB and can be deleted.
...since you still got a backup of them on your PC there is little risk to delete them.
Thanks! I assumed as much but i wanted to be sure before deleting stuff Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival