tempStyle 2 feedback thread

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The login/signup button is covered by the banner at the top of the screen, making it impossible to tap on mobile.

20170610_173422.png

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Wow, I can finally see my warning count! (Still can't find it on the old theme.) One thing I don't get, though, is the reason I need to press the ... button on the top of a thread just to bring the Watch Thread (the only) option into view.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I can finally see my warning count! (Still can't find it on the old theme.) One thing I don't get, though, is the reason I need to press the ... button on the top of a thread just to bring the Watch Thread (the only) option into view.
It's undereath your name in old style

Reactions: SomeGamer

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flatness fit everywhere, has nothing with screen sizes to do. It's just the current trend and it'll die out eventually as well. It's also an absurd idea to maintain a flat and vectorized design for mobile devices and at the same time, for no reason, use jpeg graphic elements on PC screens.
I do not find it fitting at all on a PC environment, so i hope it goes away at some point.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I dig the new theme. I thought the mobile layout was a bit difficult to navigate until I realized switching to landscape made it cleaner.

@shaunj66 you guys want any help with making the dark theme? I can set up XenForo on a virtual server and modify/play around with this theme, if you don't mind archiving me a copy of it.

D

Deleted User

I got no clue where to put this, but I just pledged $10/m on Patreon (still, not sure where to put this).

Here is a screenshot:
upload_2017-6-10_16-4-54.png

upload_2017-6-10_16-5-55.png

Reactions: T-hug

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it, but it feels too generic and looks like most other sites these days.
I feel like its way too bland and it feels like a mobile site when you use it on a PC. this is what I said about it:
the old theme wasn't overcomplicated at all. I can see it being a bit messy, but like, even the smallest things, like the old logo at the top left now has a one color background in the new one. Things that had shapes to them just seem way too much of a "flat monochromatic rectangle" feel. Not to mention things look more like they tend to waste more space to an extent. No offense to the designers, but it looks like more time should have been put into making the site seem at least a bit more unique and less "in your face". It seems the mobile side of things got more consideration than the PC side of things, but thats just from what i've seen so far.

This would have to be my biggest concern about the new format.

Last edited by TimX24968B,
D

Deleted User

The change was a little more jarring than the v4 => v5 change was, but after a little while, I don't think it's all that bad. One of the main things I like about it is that it makes GBATemp look a lot less like every other XenForo forum out there. All of them usually look way too similar, but now GBATemp stands out quite a bit when you put it up against most other XenForo forums.
I'd use it all the time, but it's too bright and gives me a headache after a while, so I'll need to switch back and forth between this and the older one until tempStyle 2 Dark is out.
I feel like its way too bland and it feels like a mobile site when you use it on a PC. this is what I said about it:

You don't need to quote what you said earlier every 5 seconds. I've seen you quote that at least four times now, counting the times you've quoted it in both this and the news thread.

TF_Slayar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Exactly, I've been saying this about all site design lately. It's all so flat and boring. The old site theme felt like a gaming site.

D

Deleted User

its more being worried about not being able to use it one day, though.
They won't take it away until they have a dark theme. Unless the time comes when they need to delete them to free up more theme space.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"But I don't like the fact that other people like this theme, so I need to keep complaining until I convince other people not to like it too!"
Please don't bring political concepts in this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_