GBAtemp Exclusive Temp'n #12

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    This looks like something to keep an eye out on. I've seen a couple threads, and I must say, what I've seen so far, it looks interesting. Best of luck guys!

Anyway, as for my own entry:
    I'd just like to note that SoundCloud may actually continue in 2018. They got another money injection back in August. Having said that, I doubt SoundCloud will survive much longer after they run out again. If you have/had anything important on there, I would seriously suggest you back it up. If you can't run the script, ask me in a PM or something. I'm willing to archive anything.

I have also been meaning since forever to change the tmp folder step to both change it to create a dir in /tmp and allow you to select your own folder altogether, but alas... laziness is my greatest fault.

kingtut, Sinon and ElijahZAwesome like this.
  2. ciaomao

ciaomao Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2014
    Albania
    Ive chosen 64GB because this gives me no headache in regards of running out of memory. Its cheap and if I end up with a not 100% filled SD, I dont shed a tear. Quality above quantity is my motto. But keep in mind, that many games came on CD, like PSX, DC, MS-DOS and its not rare they demand about 700MB for the complete image. I just tweaked the stick to run Pro Pinball, which is a good example. BTW. what an awesome game!

Jayro likes this.
  3. ciaomao

ciaomao Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2014
    Albania
    In fact it is a 10 button smasher. As mentionend, there is one extra button on each side, dedicated for pinball games.

Jayro likes this.
  4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I'm going to start building an arcade stick like yours, and probably go with a 32GB nano USB. It will only have a few PS1 games and NES, SNES, Gameboy/Color/Advance, Genesis, GameGear, and NeoGeo ROMs on it. I get a good deal on the USB nano drives, about $10 each for 32GB.

5. ciaomao

ciaomao Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2014
    Albania
    That is completly up to you. I am happy to help you, if there are any open questions. just let me know. For me the most challenging part was/is the software behind, but your console selection is not to hard to emulate. NeoGeo needs the right romsets, but the rest is easy as soon as you have one game working, all others should be fine as well.

Jayro likes this.
  6. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I might look into building those pie things everyone is talking about.

Prans and Jayro like this.
  7. Home_Rowed

Home_Rowed GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2006
    United States
    There are some weird issues on this page on Dolphin browser for android. A black square appears part way through the first post, then fills the whole page except the top bar. It also stays like that when going to the home page.

8. ratsata

ratsata Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2017
    United States
    :o nice arcade stick

Jayro likes this.