Hacking TempGBA: NDSGBA revival

Do GBA games make your nono parts happy?

• Total voters

holakingkong

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have no idea what happened there. The limit for the file browser is 512, which is more than 103. However, I don't know how the emulator reacts to 103 folders as opposed to 103 files.

okay i will try to place all game in one folder
thanks

anyway can tempgba use cheat ? i try to active cheat and get meditation guru in lower screen

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay i will try to place all game in one folder
thanks

anyway can tempgba use cheat ? i try to active cheat and get meditation guru in lower screen
Cheat support is... I don't know. Probably bad. It's the very same code as in NDSGBA 1.21, I just copy-pasted it in a few months back. I have just been really busy with improving the core, with Exophase's unreleased source as a base.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cheat support is... I don't know. Probably bad. It's the very same code as in NDSGBA 1.21, I just copy-pasted it in a few months back. I have just been really busy with improving the core, with Exophase's unreleased source as a base.
Exophase has unreleased source for gpSP, you mean he's continuing to work on it and improving it?
Sounds like his work and your work are paving the way for an even better gpSP, which could be brought forward to many other systems. :D

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exophase has unreleased source for gpSP, you mean he's continuing to work on it and improving it?
Sounds like his work and your work are paving the way for an even better gpSP, which could be brought forward to many other systems. :D
He has unreleased source because he was working on improving it, but suddenly stopped caring. I have his last source directory, but he said there were many experimental things in it. He should not be considered a current coder on the project.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He has unreleased source because he was working on improving it, but suddenly stopped caring. I have his last source directory, but he said there were many experimental things in it. He should not be considered a current coder on the project.
Who needs exophase we've got Nebuleon!

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TempGBA Beta 15, the Second Compatibility Edition, is now available.

In this release:
  • "Prefetch patched" versions of the Classic NES games might work. The clean ROMs will not work because gpSP does not emulate the ARM prefetch queue, and the Classic NES games detect emulators this way.
  • Self-modifying code is now reused instead of being constantly wasted, in case the game rewrites the same code at the same place again. Even more detailed statistics are present about this in /Tools/Debugging (in English only).
    • Golden Sun 2 is sped up 80%. This eliminates most sound crackling at frameskip 1 and 396 MHz, especially in the Kandorean Temple.
    • Golden Sun is sped up 50%. This eliminates almost all sound crackling at frameskip 0 and 360 MHz.
    • Doom II is sped up 10%. It still crackles and lags at 396 MHz. Its bottleneck is video.
    • Duke Nukem Advance is sped up 30%. This raises the frame rate in more complex areas with lots of polygons. It still crackles and lags at 396 MHz.
    • Mario Tennis is sped up 120%. This makes the game almost flawless at frameskip 0 and 360 MHz.
    • Mario Golf is probably sped up as well.
  • 3 rewind steps are gone. This brings the number to 7.

lichao8872

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
TempGBA Beta 15, the Second Compatibility Edition, is now available.

In this release:
  • "Prefetch patched" versions of the Classic NES games might work. The clean ROMs will not work because gpSP does not emulate the ARM prefetch queue, and the Classic NES games detect emulators this way.
  • Self-modifying code is now reused instead of being constantly wasted, in case the game rewrites the same code at the same place again. Even more detailed statistics are present about this in /Tools/Debugging (in English only).
    • Golden Sun 2 is sped up 80%. This eliminates most sound crackling at frameskip 1 and 396 MHz, especially in the Kandorean Temple.
    • Golden Sun is sped up 50%. This eliminates almost all sound crackling at frameskip 0 and 360 MHz.
    • Doom II is sped up 10%. It still crackles and lags at 396 MHz. Its bottleneck is video.
    • Duke Nukem Advance is sped up 30%. This raises the frame rate in more complex areas with lots of polygons. It still crackles and lags at 396 MHz.
    • Mario Tennis is sped up 120%. This makes the game almost flawless at frameskip 0 and 360 MHz.
    • Mario Golf is probably sped up as well.
  • 3 rewind steps are gone. This brings the number to 7.

thank you Nebuleon for you hard work , the TempGBA is very good . i like it .

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed that in the recently played list the most recently played game is at the bottom of the list rather than the top. Would it be possible to change this so the most recently payed game is at the top or at least make it a configuration option?

Am-rA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
many games before malfunctioning in b14 now give an Guru Meditation error
0483 - LEGO Soccer Mania (UE) (M9).zip
0498 - Stuart Little 2 (UE).zip
0941 - Ninja Cop (E).zip
1276 - Medal of Honor - Infiltrator (UE) (M3).zip
1721 - Knights' Kingdom (E) (M2).zip
1904 - Banjo-Kazooie - La Venganza de Grunty (S).zip
1916 - Digimon - Battle Spirit 2 (E) (M5).zip
2320 - Tak - The Great Juju Challenge (E) (M4).zip
2662 - Alex Rider - Stormbreaker (E).zip
2731 - Postman Pat and the Greendale Rocket (E).zip

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
many games before malfunctioning in b14 now give an Guru Meditation error
0483 - LEGO Soccer Mania (UE) (M9).zip
0498 - Stuart Little 2 (UE).zip
0941 - Ninja Cop (E).zip
1276 - Medal of Honor - Infiltrator (UE) (M3).zip
1721 - Knights' Kingdom (E) (M2).zip
1904 - Banjo-Kazooie - La Venganza de Grunty (S).zip
1916 - Digimon - Battle Spirit 2 (E) (M5).zip
2320 - Tak - The Great Juju Challenge (E) (M4).zip
2662 - Alex Rider - Stormbreaker (E).zip
2731 - Postman Pat and the Greendale Rocket (E).zip
Thanks a lot for your testing; with that list I'll probably be able to narrow down the bug more effectively.

Wait... Do you mean they malfunctioned BEFORE beta 14, and now in beta 15 they still malfunction but put out a Guru Meditation instead?

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a Guru Meditation error while loading Final Fantasy VI. In beta 14 it was all ok

What happen? :<

Games that still work:

- Golden Sun 2: The lost Age.
- Metroid Fusion.
Looks like Final Fantasy VI crashes right after the language selection, or right away if there's no language selection. This will be easier to use during the narrowing-down. I'll have the cause and maybe a fix in an hour.

Am-rA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot for your testing; with that list I'll probably be able to narrow down the bug more effectively.

Wait... Do you mean they malfunctioned BEFORE beta 14, and now in beta 15 they still malfunction but put out a Guru Meditation instead?

accurate, malfunctioned before but now give that error and hang the machine

but the other 3 I posted before did not work and now if that work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: